Global iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KBUF
Issued 11/27/2014 3:37 AM America/New_York.
Valid through 11/28/2014 1:00 PM America/New_York.
wwus41 kbuf 271249
including the cities of...newark...fair haven...oswego
749 am est thu nov 27 2014
...lake effect snow advisory remains in effect from 7 pm this
evening to 1 pm est friday...
* locations...oswego...northern cayuga...and northern wayne
* timing...early this evening through early friday afternoon.
* accumulations...2 to 4 inches tonight and 2 to 3 inches
friday...leading to storm totals of 4 to 7 inches in the most
persistent lake snows.
* visibilities....a few hundred feet at times.
* impacts...localized lake effect snow will result in slippery
roads and poor visibility at times.
in lake effect snow the weather can vary from locally heavy snow
in narrow bands to clear skies just a few miles away. if you will
be traveling across the region be prepared for rapid changes in
road and visibility conditions.
stay tuned to noaa weather radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. additional details
can also be found at www.weather.gov/buffalo.
report snow accumulation to the national weather service in
buffalo by sending an email to email@example.com...posting
to the nws buffalo facebook page...or tweet...using the hashtag
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KCAR
Issued 11/24/2014 3:52 PM America/New_York.
Valid through 11/27/2014 9:00 AM America/New_York.
wwus41 kcar 270839
northwest aroostook-northern somerset-
including the cities of...allagash...clayton lake...madawaska...
fort kent...frenchville...baker lake...billy-jack depot
339 am est thu nov 27 2014
...winter weather advisory remains in effect until 9 am est this
* locations...northwest aroostook and northern somerset.
* hazard types...snow.
* snow accumulations...4 to 6 inches.
* timing...through this morning.
* impacts...moderate impact primarily for travel.
* winds...north around 10 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
* temperatures...in the lower 20s.
a winter weather advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while