New iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:|
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Non-Precipitation Watch/Warning/Advisory by KBOX
Issued 10/29/2020 3:11 AM America/New_York.
Valid through 10/30/2020 2:00 PM America/New_York.
wwus71 kbox 291920
barnstable ma-dukes ma-nantucket ma-
including the cities of chatham, falmouth, provincetown,
vineyard haven, and nantucket
320 pm edt thu oct 29 2020
...wind advisory remains in effect from 10 pm this evening to
2 pm edt friday...
* what...northeast winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts 45 to 50 mph
* where...barnstable ma, dukes ma and nantucket ma counties.
* when...from 10 pm this evening to 2 pm edt friday.
* impacts...gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects.
tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may
* additional details...gusty winds could blow around unsecured
objects. tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages
use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high
profile vehicle. secure outdoor objects.
Latest Non-Precipitation Watch/Warning/Advisory by KOKX
Issued 10/29/2020 3:29 PM America/New_York.
Valid through 10/31/2020 10:00 AM America/New_York.
wwus71 kokx 291929
southern fairfield-southern new haven-western passaic-
eastern passaic-western bergen-eastern bergen-western essex-
eastern essex-western union-eastern union-rockland-
northern westchester-southern westchester-northwestern suffolk-
329 pm edt thu oct 29 2020
...freeze watch in effect from late friday night through saturday
* what...sub-freezing temperatures as low as 26 possible.
* where...portions of northeastern new jersey, southern
connecticut and southeastern new york.
* when...from late friday night through saturday morning.
* impacts...freezing conditions could kill crops, other sensitive
vegetation and possibly damage unprotected outdoor plumbing.
take steps now to protect tender plants from the cold. to prevent
freezing and possible bursting of outdoor water pipes they should
be wrapped, drained, or allowed to drip slowly. those that have
in-ground sprinkler systems should drain them and cover above-
ground pipes to protect them from freezing.