myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
wing foil spots in Kona in Dec?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterbelden

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject: wing foil spots in Kona in Dec? Reply with quote

Any suggestions of places to wing on the big island in Kona? And or anywhere that rents the gear? Probably a longshot but thought I'd ask since there are shops in Maui in the Gorge that rent foil gear so thought there might be in Kona as well if I'm really lucky. Or perhaps by then I'll have bought my own gear...
jse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to get really lucky. I just took a short trip to Kohala Coast near Kona from Maui. I asked the local Maui wingsurf group and all I got was "not worth it". Trades are sketchy in the winter, hit or miss. Additionally they are much lighter on BI, and rentals are non-existent. During the time I was there, we had no sailable weather. I was told that South Point offers some windsport opportunities, but it's a loooong drive (I live on Maui so long for me, maybe not for you). In addition it's roll your own, if you have no gear no rentals there.

I have been there at Anaeho'omalu bay a few years back, wishing I had gear (windsurfing) as there were kiters and windsurfers out (but no rentals, sigh) and it looked to be about 5.0 for me. So if you can get your hands on some equipment and the trades cooperate...

Next time, come to Maui!

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: