myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Who is Amy Coney Barrett?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Shouldn't they be honest people rather than GD politicians or sycophants thereof?'

You must have forgot about those that were responsible for voting for Barrett in. Most notably, they were bold hypocrites given the political path that they employed in 2016. No doubt, the most ugly and dishonest politicians that one can imagine. No principles or integrity at all.
vientomas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="isobars"]It's very telling that Chuckie Schumer and his far left freaks consider today one of the darkest days in U.S. history (his words, not mine) because a brilliant and extremely qualified judge who -- HORROR of all HORRORS! -- actually supports the Constitution is being sworn in to the Supreme Court.

Ummmm ... shouldn't ALL the Supremes support the constitution to their very graves? Isn't that their sworn prime directive? Shouldn't ANY Supreme's very seat on the bench be at risk the first time s/he unarguably legislates from the bench -- i.e. makes up a law based on personal biases? Shouldn't it be almost impossible to discern from their votes or writings what party, religion, gender, etc. they favor? Shouldn't they be honest people rather than GD politicians or sycophants thereof?

Hint for brainless, amoral, and/or immoral party hacks: YES, YES, YES, YES, and HELL YES.

Admit it out loud, lefties: You're AFRAID of the Constitution and of honest people, and can no longer distinguish right from wrong.[/quote

Dude, you don't know shit about the Constituion. Legislate from the bench? The vast majority of the authority that the Supreme Court exercises today is the result of judicial activism, or as you like to say - legislating from the bench. Do some reading in your free time: Marbury vs. Madison.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobans wrote:
mac's -- and the rest of the extreme left's ... worst nightmare.
Why? Because she lives and breathes the Constitution.
What a concept!

And even though I was born and raised in rural Alabama in the '40s, '50s and '60s, including finishing high school in Montgomery in 1961, I haven't been back there in decades. In just one year in Montgomery and a trip through it a few years later, I personally saw a nighttime KKK march through a neighborhood, MLK's subsequent march into Montgomery from Selma, and Negroes/colored people (those were the preferred term for them back then) forcing whites off the downtown sidewalks on a daily basis. But Rebel flags? Very rare back then.

OF COURSE it's the woman's right to choose ... WHETHER TO SPREAD HER LEGS. Beyond that point biology takes over. Neither she nor Obama has the right to let a viable newborn die on the slab just because Mommy Dearest no longer wants it.

-iso 2020

Trump wins again...hahaha
Tired of winning? No.
vientomas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
isobans wrote:
mac's -- and the rest of the extreme left's ... worst nightmare.
Why? Because she lives and breathes the Constitution.
What a concept!

And even though I was born and raised in rural Alabama in the '40s, '50s and '60s, including finishing high school in Montgomery in 1961, I haven't been back there in decades. In just one year in Montgomery and a trip through it a few years later, I personally saw a nighttime KKK march through a neighborhood, MLK's subsequent march into Montgomery from Selma, and Negroes/colored people (those were the preferred term for them back then) forcing whites off the downtown sidewalks on a daily basis. But Rebel flags? Very rare back then.

OF COURSE it's the woman's right to choose ... WHETHER TO SPREAD HER LEGS. Beyond that point biology takes over. Neither she nor Obama has the right to let a viable newborn die on the slab just because Mommy Dearest no longer wants it.

-iso 2020

Trump wins again...hahaha
Tired of winning? No.

I'm curious, what exactly is it that you find satisfying about the newest member of the Supreme Court? Is there some aspect of her judicial philosophy that resonates with you? If so, what is it? Or is your joy merely a function of Trump having secured the appointment of a person that was objected to by the Dems?
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winning!
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW30, you better hope that the Republicans can still retain a majority in the Senate into the future. If Democrats win the majority, you might find that there will be some painful payback in the years ahead.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Winning!

Ah. Now, your posts make sense.

Winning is more important than a SC who's makeup is reflective of the American people? Shouldn't the SC be balanced since it has, historically, been a steadier institution than the Legislative and Administrative branches?

The US needs a viable two party system. The demographics in this country are looking like the Democrats will, eventually, control the government with the GOP being nothing but an impotent minority party. The controlling party can add new SCJ if needed. A move that I disagree with and something Biden has argued against in the past. But, the majority will, eventually, get their way.

To me, this is a dangerous trend. A balanced government is essential for the long term sustainability of our nation. I don't understand those of you who see winning (and the suppression of the "loser's" viewpoints) as something that is desirable.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
nw30 wrote:
Winning!

Ah. Now, your posts make sense.

Winning is more important than a SC who's makeup is reflective of the American people? Shouldn't the SC be balanced since it has, historically, been a steadier institution than the Legislative and Administrative branches?

The US needs a viable two party system. The demographics in this country are looking like the Democrats will, eventually, control the government with the GOP being nothing but an impotent minority party. The controlling party can add new SCJ if needed. A move that I disagree with and something Biden has argued against in the past. But, the majority will, eventually, get their way.

To me, this is a dangerous trend. A balanced government is essential for the long term sustainability of our nation. I don't understand those of you who see winning (and the suppression of the "loser's" viewpoints) as something that is desirable.

Only one time in the last 32 years have conservatives been in the majority in a national election... yet our highest court now holds a 6-3 conservative bias.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW has no interest in either balance or reasonableness.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember she was one of the lawyers they was involved in gore v Bush to hand over the presidency to Bush. She is as political as one gets. I guess there are two others on the bench now that also were involved in gore v bush.

so she is as political as it gets.

and here were her coded words... note how she wants her republ;ic noted....

‘Without Any Fear or Favor’: Amy Coney Barrett Vows to Uphold Constitution at Supreme Court Swearing-in Ceremony

Quote:

“Amy Coney Barrett vowed to remain independent of external political pressures and her own policy preferences as she spoke about preserving the Constitution during a ceremonial Supreme Court swearing-in event,” Jerry Dunleavy reports for the Washington Examiner.

“I love the Constitution and the democratic republic that it establishes—and I will devote myself to preserving it,” Justice Barrett said.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: