myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
False Equivalencies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile... the imposter in chief has really screwed the pooch with his reckless aimless trade policy .. ZERO progress with China and a cratering stock market as he ladles on more tariffs .. This guy has really f’d Up the wet dream the markets were having ... oh well
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
Imagine that. Blame anything else except Trump's careful cultivation of hate--and your participation.

You are a DB.....so who was to blame for all the mass shootings before Trump?????????????????????

By the way asshole we know very little about either shooter.

White nationalist terrorists like Matty are responsible for most terrorism activity in this country. It's been that way for centuries.

I guess you guys were cheered that the KKK has endorsed Trump.

Was that the same KKK that Democrats had in congress a few years back???

You're a sad excuse of a human Mac...I truly feel sorry for someone as hateful and ignorant as you....
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
vientomas wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
Imagine that. Blame anything else except Trump's careful cultivation of hate--and your participation.

You are a DB.....so who was to blame for all the mass shootings before Trump?????????????????????

By the way asshole we know very little about either shooter.

Apparently Trump is confused too: "May God bless the memory of those who perished in Toledo, and may God protect them,"

I'm sure the libtards will be running with that all night long...Breaking News!!!!!

But they won't mention this, one must know all the news before they spew.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/confusion-biden-offers-sympathy-for-the-tragic-events-in-houston-today-and-also-in-michigan

too funny!!!!!!!1 Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Meanwhile... the imposter in chief has really screwed the pooch with his reckless aimless trade policy .. ZERO progress with China and a cratering stock market as he ladles on more tariffs .. This guy has really f’d Up the wet dream the markets were having ... oh well

Are you serious? We are at war with China. There are 150 other countries that we can do business with. And, they are crashing their currency. Net effect for our consumers? None.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNN Confirms: Dayton Shooter Had ‘Extreme’ Left-Wing Views; Backed Warren, Sanders
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A circle of 'ggod' friends can easily become a clique. I used to think that was just a teenage, or young person, thing, but not so.

As a loner by nature, an aversion to closeness in any friendship has often caused misunderstandings in others, especially when those others are part of a group, or clique. It's clear to me that many seem to cling to an illusion of some great bond, which may not be reality.

C.B. when you state that 'I have at least 50 friends including a dozen millenials who would NOT consider me a friend', I think I understand what you may mean. Acquantanceship would be my take on it, as in shared activities. (Biking, windsurfing etc.) Joining in in a friendly way, while still being somewhat reserved and keeping a distance. That comes naturally to those who value our illusion of independence. (I'm well aware no man is an island etc.)

Friendship can become an overblown concept which can lead people into fooling themselves. Indeed, the fury and bile shown when some friendships dissolve, is a wonder to behold!
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dupplicate

Last edited by coboardhead on Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
A circle of 'ggod' friends can easily become a clique. I used to think that was just a teenage, or young person, thing, but not so.

As a loner by nature, an aversion to closeness in any friendship has often caused misunderstandings in others, especially when those others are part of a group, or clique. It's clear to me that many seem to cling to an illusion of some great bond, which may not be reality.

C.B. when you state that 'I have at least 50 friends including a dozen millenials who would NOT consider me a friend', I think I understand what you may mean. Acquantanceship would be my take on it, as in shared activities. (Biking, windsurfing etc.) Joining in in a friendly way, while still being somewhat reserved and keeping a distance. That comes naturally to those who value our illusion of independence. (I'm well aware no man is an island etc.)

Friendship can become an overblown concept which can lead people into fooling themselves. Indeed, the fury and bile shown when some friendships dissolve, is a wonder to behold!

I agree GT. I do have a lot of "friends". But, as you, my independence is very important. But, I am never lonely. I think the young people these days have this idealized concept of what a friendship is. So, they put pretty heavy demands on the institution of friendship.

I wonder, though, how different I was at that age? In every group of people my age....see it on this forum...there is always talk about how the younger generation is screwing up. Honestly, I just don't see a lot of difference between how Millennials and BabyBoomers behaved at times in their lives. My younger friends are sorta a repeat of the way I was but with more style.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Are you serious? We are at war with China. There are 150 other countries that we can do business with. And, they are crashing their currency. Net effect for our consumers? None.

Not true on any level.. China is/was our second largest trade partner, and they are not replaceable unless you want to close down Wal-Mart ( not a bad idea). Trump has been touting a “deal” for over a year now and has not had any success.. Meanwhile our steel industry is heading towards bk, as well as AG and many retail companies ..The market is flat since Trumps first tariffs hit over 18 months ago ...
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggs said:
Quote:
Meanwhile our steel industry is heading towards bk,

While I know very little about the steel business, it appears that in spite of the tariffs on Chinese steel, the prices have been on a decline since mid 2018, but started rising in June 2019. Isn't that the issue, low demand and low prices, not expensive steel because of the tariffs?

Quote:
US Steel Industry Outlook: Will June’s Momentum Continue?
WRITTEN BY Mohit Oberoi, CFA

Steel industry outlook
We’re now midway into 2019. The US steel industry had a somber start to the year, and the sell-off only deepened as the year progressed. All major steel companies including U.S. Steel (X), AK Steel (AKS), Nucor (NUE), and Steel Dynamics (STLD) fell to their 52-week lows in May as the escalation in the US-China trade war rattled metal and mining investors.

However, June turned out to be a fairy tale month for steel stocks. Although steel stocks haven’t really gone through the roof as President Trump claimed in an interview, they saw a sharp rally in June, helping them recoup some of their losses. U.S. Steel, AK Steel, Nucor, and Steel Dynamics saw an upwards price action of 29.5%, 37.8%, 15.6%, and 21.0%, respectively, last month. ArcelorMittal (MT) also went up 22.5%. Barring U.S. Steel and ArcelorMittal, steel stocks that we’re discussing are now positive for the year

Section 232 tariffs

To be sure, Section 232 tariffs that President Trump imposed last year led to some sort of rejuvenation in US steel companies. Flush with cash amid higher 2018 cash flows, steel companies tried their hand at everything from buybacks to greenfield growth projects. U.S. Steel also doubled down on its plans to modernize its aging plants and even resumed the abandoned Fairfield electric arc furnace project. The project was conceived and abandoned in 2015. While 2015 started off well for steel stocks, China’s slowdown pushed US spot hot-rolled coil prices below $400 per ton. In such a scenario, U.S. Steel had to curtail its capex plans. Notably, U.S. Steel turned EBITDA negative in the fourth quarter of 2015. In the current scenario, US steel prices peaked in 2018 and have been trending downwards since the second half of 2018. Incidentally, after massive growth projects, the US steel industry had to resort to capacity curtailments in June.

US steel prices fell sharply this year to the point where prices were even below the tariff-paid steel imports. Clearly, such a scenario isn’t sustainable in the long term. Furthermore, US steel buyers went light in steel buying anticipating prices to fall further. Last month, US steel companies including Nucor announced price hikes to provide some impetus to US steel prices.
What lies ahead?

https://marketrealist.com/2019/07/us-steel-industry-outlook-will-junes-momentum-continue/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: