myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 313, 314, 315 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wsurfer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The right wing supreme court is on our side!
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jse wrote:
This is nothing new, most pet adoption organizations (Humane Society, breeders, etc...) ask all kinds of personal questions before determining if a person is a good candidate for one of their animals - Is your yard completely fenced? How high is your fence? Do you both work full time? Are there any other pets? Do you have children? How old are they? I've been asked all these questions before taking a new puppy home. Annoying but it's their right. Steve

I spent several scores of hours filling out dog adoption applications when one of ours died during the pandemic adoption crush. Of the dozen or more applications involved (some took days to complete), not one question strayed from what you describe. Not one question was based on politics, irrational fear of inanimate objects, ignorance of facts, or other issues irrelevant to the dog's care. She's putting her ignorance and unfounded emotions ahead of the dogs' welfare, and should be in a different line of work. The tens of thousands of dollars I've spent on my dogs' wellbeing and welfare gives me the right to criticize the hell out of her misguided politics.
jse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
jse wrote:
This is nothing new, most pet adoption organizations (Humane Society, breeders, etc...) ask all kinds of personal questions before determining if a person is a good candidate for one of their animals - Is your yard completely fenced? How high is your fence? Do you both work full time? Are there any other pets? Do you have children? How old are they? I've been asked all these questions before taking a new puppy home. Annoying but it's their right. Steve

I spent several scores of hours filling out dog adoption applications when one of ours died during the pandemic adoption crush. Of the dozen or more applications involved (some took days to complete), not one question strayed from what you describe. Not one question was based on politics, irrational fear of inanimate objects, ignorance of facts, or other issues irrelevant to the dog's care. She's putting her ignorance and unfounded emotions ahead of the dogs' welfare, and should be in a different line of work. The tens of thousands of dollars I've spent on my dogs' wellbeing and welfare gives me the right to criticize the hell out of her misguided politics.

Of course you have the right to criticize her policy. Freedom of speech right? She on the other hand has the right to determine who gets her animals. As to your comment that she should open a donut shop, maybe she should. Then she can refuse to sell donuts (or wedding cakes) to gay couples without fear of consequences.

Side note, we have a dog we adopted from a shelter in South Carolina. He is petrified of any loud noises, and on New Years on Maui, loud noises are commonplace. So we have to lock him in the quietest part of our house less he bolt. I am pretty sure he was put up for adoption in SC because "That dog don't hunt". Knowing his predisposition, I would never put him in a home that involved gunfire.

Steve
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every one of my homes in the past 78 years contained at least one gun. None has seen or heard gunfire (besides a couple of recent birds damaging my house despite protective barriers I've put up.) Her issue is not gunfire vs sensitive dogs; it's her abnormal fear and/or hatred of guns. Quoting her:

“If your beliefs are not in line with ours, we will not adopt a pet to you.”

Sill added, “If you lie about being a NRA supporter, make no mistake, we will sue you for fraud.”

Sill, in an interview with NBC News, said quite a few donors to her shelter are Republicans and some have threatened to cut off funds if she doesn’t remove the “Where do you stand on gun control?” question that she now requires every potential adoptee to answer during a screening interview. ... this is the only thing I can do to make the point that mass killings by people armed with guns have to stop.”

=========
Another thing she could do is stop voting for F-ing liberal democrats. How about, "If you vote left, you don't get a dog"? And if you lie, I'll sue you.

I donate thousands of dollars to shelters and veterinarians who support animals in need at great effort and reduced charges. My will ups that ante to 6 figures. This misguided ideologue isn't getting one cent.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can a dog person not be like me?
coachg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
How can a dog person not be like me?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Me, myself or I.

Coachg
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many lives will be saved because of this decision.

Furthermore, criminals will be less likely to pull a gun on a room filled with armed civilians. ie Texas church, draw Muhammad contest etcetera etcetera
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:

Furthermore, criminals will be less likely to pull a gun on a room filled with armed civilians. ie Texas church, draw Muhammad contest etcetera etcetera

Fresh from the fact free world.
coachg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:

There is opinion, then there is data. If states with the least restrictive gun laws have the highest firearm mortality rates how is lifting gun restrictions going to save lives? It obviously isn't saving lives in those states without restrictions.

Coachg
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eight year old in Florida shoots and kills a baby. Part of that safer America Malibu idiot is rooting for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 313, 314, 315 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 314 of 331

Jump to: