myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 304, 305, 306 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now that the news is out That no matter how armed the “good guys” were they still could not or would not stop the shooter in Texas I have any less of an opinion of the likes of Isobars that arming teachers is a good idea. Even trained policemen cannot deal with a crazy guy with an assault rifle. Arming the populace to prevent gun violence is an unfounded fantasy.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most rational and promising idea I've heard so far for reducing mass shootings and maybe other crimes committed by whackos is employing AI to spotlight them in advance.

Of course it would help if police agencies would not just learn from mistakes but actually USE what they learned. I mean ... NINETEEN COPS stood outside a classroom full of kids and teachers as shots rang out because they were waiting for the KEY TO THE ROOM? Don't these guys ever watch TV?
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, the magical and imaginary techno-fix.

There are too many guns in this country. This is what the data shows.

Also, it is too easy to get a war weapon, such as the AR-15 (which is easily modifiable to become an automatic weapon a.k.a. machine gun). Disturbed people should not be allowed to so easily get such guns!

Every time (as long as I can remember for decades) there is a horrific mass shooting in this country, the same thing happens. There is an outcry, "thoughts and prayers" by "Christian" politicians, a bill gets advanced, it gets watered down (by "Christian" Republicans/Nazis/Fascists), and then it gets stalled (fillibuster by "Christian" Republicans/Nazis/Fascists who cry ""The evil Liberal Communists are coming to take your guns!") and and then it is forgotten. Oh, the NRA and the gun manufacturers love this cycle; gun sales are now spiking once again! They LOVE it! This is the only way to sell more guns in an already heavily saturated market: fear-based buying.

The House Bill 08 for some measure of gun control has been languishing for over two years now. It is heavily watered down, but it is something.

Pathetic nation of "Christians". Hypocrites! Read your New Testament.
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 5:51 pm    Post subject: MAGA gets real, actually evolves into a reasonable person Reply with quote

See?! It CAN happen!
Vote Democrat; kick out the corrupt con artists and charlatan "Republicans" (actually Fascists in every definition of the word) who truly care ONLY about money and power. Watch how they operate and present themselves; they are ALL like televangelists. It's no accident.

https://occupydemocrats.com/2022/05/28/opinion-i-served-in-the-u-s-army-for-13-years-and-ar-15s-are-meant-for-combat/

From David Weissman, Army Veteran of 13 years and former MAGA troll:

I served in the US Army for 13 years as a chaplain assistant who had to be proficient in weapons to protect the chaplain in combat, and I can tell you that this weapon’s mission is to kill and destroy multiple people in a short amount of time. It is a fact that AR-15s were meant for war, as you can read in this NPR article here.

I couldn’t believe the horrific news of 19 children and two teachers from an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas. I am sick and tired of the same old debates and arguments about the weapon of war most commonly used in mass shootings; the AR-15.

There are so many steps that Congress and the President can take, like universal background checks, banning 3-D printed or ghost guns, and maybe even closing down the military surplus supply sales.

Why on earth would civilians need AR-15s, armor, and camouflage? In the last month, we’ve seen two 18-year-olds with AR-15s and body armor commit mass murder.

Speaking of which, why are gun laws so loose for 18-year-olds? They can’t buy a drink but they can buy a weapon of war and commit random acts of violence. I get that 18-year-olds can enlist in the Military and go to combat, however, before even going to basic training they need to take a mental evaluation to make sure they are mentally fit to deploy. This is a completely different situation than a newly turned 18-year-old buying a gun off the street. The age to buy a gun needs to be raised.

I served in the US Army for 13 years as a chaplain assistant who had to be proficient in weapons to protect the chaplain in combat, and I can tell you that this weapon’s mission is to kill and destroy multiple people in a short amount of time. It is a fact that AR-15s were meant for war, as you can read in this NPR article here.
https://www.npr.org/2018/02/28/588861820/a-brief-history-of-the-ar-15

I couldn’t believe the horrific news of 19 children and two teachers from an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas. I am sick and tired of the same old debates and arguments about the weapon of war most commonly used in mass shootings; the AR-15.

There are so many steps that Congress and the President can take, like universal background checks, banning 3-D printed or ghost guns, and maybe even closing down the military surplus supply sales.

Why on earth would civilians need AR-15s, armor, and camouflage? In the last month, we’ve seen two 18-year-olds with AR-15s and body armor commit mass murder.

Speaking of which, why are gun laws so loose for 18-year-olds? They can’t buy a drink but they can buy a weapon of war and commit random acts of violence. I get that 18-year-olds can enlist in the Military and go to combat, however, before even going to basic training they need to take a mental evaluation to make sure they are mentally fit to deploy. This is a completely different situation than a newly turned 18-year-old buying a gun off the street. The age to buy a gun needs to be raised.

Truthfully, the most important thing the United States government can do is to ban assault weapons altogether. That would make it harder for the bad guys to have access to them illegally.

Sandy Hook wasn’t enough. Will Uvalde now be enough?

Kids from elementary school are not enemy combatants. They don’t need to wonder if they will get killed going to school from weapons of war.

This nation has a sick gun epidemic that needs to be eradicated.

If we are really a pro-life country, then we need to value children more than we value guns.

I’m calling on President Biden and Congress for immediate action to pass legislation banning assault weapons.

If that means ending or exempting the filibuster in the Senate to get there, then so be it.
vientomas

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
The most rational and promising idea I've heard so far for reducing mass shootings and maybe other crimes committed by whackos is employing AI to spotlight them in advance.

No dumb fuck, the most rational and promising idea is to limit guns to flint locks. Supremes want to be "originalists"? Cool, limit gun ownership to what existed when the Constitution was drafted. Anything else is judicial activism.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, effective, and thorough, we'll also have to ban hammers, fists, and other such bludgeons. They kill about as many people as guns do. (Besides, many gun deaths are suicides, which are usually a legitimate personal choice*.) And, of course, we'll have to ban motor vehicles, too. And junk food, especially all forms of sugar, from pasta to bread to potatoes. And cigarettes. And while we're at it, maybe our idiot POTUS should make at least a TINY effort to stem the flow of fentanyl across our southern border. It alone kills 6 figures of Americans per year. And don't forget the food pyramid and its emphasis on sugar (grains), estimated by some professionals to kill millions of people worldwide.

Pack. You'll be much safer, presuming you're trained.

* I sure as hell will not put my wife through the end stages of my prostate cancer. Oncologists tell us that's about the worst way to die, and its toll on personal caregivers is immense. My wife doesn't deserve that, and we've discussed alternatives at length in virtual and flesh and blood cancer forums. I don't even hunt, but I still have legitimate uses for guns.

Some idiot in Uvalde said, "What use other than mass murder does any 18-yo have for an assault rifle?" No one has yet defined an "assault rifle", yet "progressives" want to ban them as though the gun itself could march into a crowd and start firing all by itself.

As long as the bad guys have guns, good guys need them too, especially now that law enforcement is all but nil because of the insanity of the woke/progressive movement.
techno900

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas said:
Quote:
No dumb fuck, the most rational and promising idea is to limit guns to flint locks. Supremes want to be "originalists"? Cool, limit gun ownership to what existed when the Constitution was drafted. Anything else is judicial activism.

"rational and promising idea"?

No comment necessary, but if humor was your goal, good one.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars,

The idea that you need a gun to put an end to your misery is so unnecessary. Washington state has death with dignity laws. As a long time Washington resident you should be well aware of that fact.

https://doh.wa.gov/you-and-your-family/illness-and-disease-z/death-dignity-act
coachg

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple question ISO. Do you have a problem with an 18 year old able to buy two AR 15’s and hundreds of rounds even though he can’t buy a can of beer?

Coachg
vientomas

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...rolls eyes, more guns is the solution.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MurderedByWords/comments/v0v67g/yeah_homie/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 304, 305, 306 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 305 of 331

Jump to: