myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Coronavirus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 290, 291, 292 ... 339, 340, 341  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wsurfer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Then why don't we have helmet and kevlar vest mandates in our cars? Why is junk food, from Twinkies to potatoes to ANY soda pop, legal? Smoking? Alcohol (or any other fluid besides water)? Why not ban the morbidly obese, Type 2 diabetics, and motorcycle and skydiving accident "victims" from ambulances and hospitals? Why allow cars to travel more than 15 mph? Why are kids, who die in larger numbers from influenza than from Covid, not required to wear flu masks? Why do paper masks, which coronavirus laugh at, satisfy mask mandates? Why am I, a conservative person who supports capitalism, free speech, and a woman's right to choose but only until a fetus is viable, allowed to carry a concealed weapon in most states? Why is Rittenhouse innocent because he used his legal weapon to save his own life from three guys caught on tape credibly trying to kill him? Why are doctors who prescribe statins for people with healthy cholesterol levels not barred from practice? Why are Big Pharma CEOs not demoted to the mail room for insisting that statins be put in all municipal water systems? Why are global warming extremists (i.e., the far left) allowed to claim that the sky is falling if we don't redistribute tens of trillions of dollars IMMEDIATELY on a problem FAR better served by mere billions in adaptation? Why are misguided people by the millions allowed to degrade their health and clog hospitals just because Kenneth Cooper said generations ago that aerobics is healthful? Why can and do I eat steak? Why are hundreds of viewers allowed to watch CNNNBCABCCBSLATNYTWAPO and then actually VOTE? Why are we allowed (so far) to waste time, fuel, manufacturing resources, productivity, etc. on something as stupid as windsurfing or skiing?

Why? Because we (ostensibly) live in a free country, where behaviors are, or at least were, limited only to the extent that we are (er ... used to be) held responsible for the harm we directly, deliberately, or carelessly inflict on specific other individuals. Anyone who actively tries to forcefully subvert such freedom can and should, IMO, damned well move to China, or Cuba, or any other such dictatorial hellhole.

OTOH, I'm gonna be PISSED when my surgery and recovery wards are closed due to Covid crowds three weeks from today. I'm getting my booster tomorrow just for that, and might even get out my REAL Covid mask, an N95, rather than my designer cloth mask which is far easier to use.

You remind me of the dim witted people you sometimes see at the rest stop on I-95 in Georgia!

Jeez man, do the f'n math!
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No about turn here. I've been on the booster fence all along, for many reasons including my limited public exposure, my near-certainty of acquired immunity, and a very strong suspicion based on widespread expert testimony that this whole variant scare is more political than scientific. I'm getting the booster solely because I'm going into a big hospital for significant surgery in three weeks and my oncologist is getting very insistent that I fly to Los Angeles soon (Covid is my LEAST concern about that, and I plan to resist that for many specific, solid reasons until it becomes medically necessary.)

Ain't no camouflage here. I don't play games.

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
All the rest of what you wrote is camouflage to hide the about turn, and thus irrelevant to this situation.

Welcome to reality my friend!
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick glance at some other posts here reveals that few of you understand that getting vaxed or boosted or wearing masks other than N95s does not protect anyone else. i.e., ALL of the above does nothing to protect anyone else, according to your cult leader Fauci's public statements. Nothing selfish about it.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imperial College London latest research -

Omicron largely evades immunity from past infection, or from just two vaccine doses. The protection against reinfection with Omicron from past infection may be as low as only 19%.

Booster doses are vital in controlling Omicron. The goal over here is to get nearly one million boosters a day in arms of those now eligible for them (younger age groups who have had to wait the recommended number of months after the second dose) hopefully before the end of January.

There is no shortage of the numbers clamouring for them. (Long queues at all vaccination centres.)
mac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks GT--for posting real information, and seeing through Isobars.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars hate for Anthony Fauci is over the top. I don't get it. Maybe it's simply the fact that Fauci represents the US Government's interests in combatting the Covid19 pandemic. Needless to say, with Joe Biden as our president, isobars hates the US Government with a passion. He rabidly bites the hand that feeds him.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virtually every word in that post, Chandler, is total, completely misinformed, wildly ignorant, absolutely fabricated BS. I don't have time to write the pages of factual rebuttal that would be justified if any rational person believed a word of it. You probably aren't aware that ...

Neve mind. You refuse to educate yourself, and it's not my job to do that for you.

THREE scam phone calls (and one from a doctor's office) just while I was typing this. No apologies for my mood.
isobans

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately, the social(ist) networks may get their blatant, admitted censorship and teflon coating shoved up their asses by the bill to modify Section 230.

Nothing personal, you idiots (including the non-blacks who support such total bullshit), but how about a free FUCK YOU, you greedy bastards? Get a freaking job, invent something special, and consider WORKING for life's rewards, just like everybody else had to do.

I personally saw a nighttime KKK march through a neighborhood, MLK's subsequent march into Montgomery from Selma, and Negroes/colored people (those were the preferred term for them back then) forcing whites off the downtown sidewalks on a daily basis.

-isobars 2020
SAS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

Twitter just announced that anyone tweeting untruths such as Covid vaccines do not stop Covid transmission will be banned from Twitter.

Fauci just formally announced in a presser that the science shows that Covid vaccines do not stop Covid transmission.

I have searched for where and when Fauci announced that the Covid vaccines do not stop Covid transmission but I do not find it. Please show me your source for this.

Also, nobody expects the vaccines to STOP Covid transmission, since the vaccines are not 100% effective in preventing Covid. Since the evidence is quite clear that the vaccines greatly reduce someone's risk of getting infected with Covid, they will reduce transmission rates simply through lowering the number of people who have Covid.

The other question is do vaccines reduce the level of transmission in those people who are vaccinated and the answer may be yes:

According to the CDC "studies suggest that vaccinated people who become infected with Delta have potential to be less infectious than infected unvaccinated people. However, more data are needed to understand how viral shedding and transmission from fully vaccinated persons are affected by SARS-CoV-2 variants, time since vaccination, and other factors, particularly as transmission dynamics may vary based on the extent of exposure to the infected vaccinated person and the setting in which the exposure occurs."

And since I like verification and I think some of you do too, here is the link:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/fully-vaccinated-people.html#:~:text=Evidence%20suggests%20the%20US%20COVID,interrupting%20chains%20of%20transmission.

As to Twitter banning people as stated above by isobars, I cannot find anything on this.

According to Twiteer "False or misleading information that misrepresent the protective effect of vaccines, to make claims contrary to health authorities. Claims that misrepresent research or statistical findings pertaining to the severity of the disease, prevalence of the virus, or effectiveness of widely accepted preventative measures, treatments, or vaccines" will get a "label", and this is what happens in those cases:

"When a label is applied to a Tweet, this typically entails:
Presenting a warning message on the Tweet
Showing an additional prompt to warn people before sharing or liking the Tweet;
Reducing the visibility of the Tweet on Twitter and/or preventing it from being recommended;
Turning off likes, replies, and Retweets; and/or
Providing a link to additional explanations or clarifications, such as in a curated landing page or relevant Twitter policies."

Twitter is clear that people who get "labels" for above do not get booted until there are multiple violations.

Again, for those of you who like facts:

https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/medical-misinformation-policy
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Virtually every word in that post, Chandler, is total, completely misinformed, wildly ignorant, absolutely fabricated BS."

Nobody here is going to counter me on what I said. I know the truth hurts, but you really can't ignore it.

You have to remember that folks here know you based on your vast wealth of bent and twisted commentary offered over many many years. Make no mistake, you have a reputation here that is hard to deny. You are one angry character, and your long history of ugly rants clearly validates that fact. Again, nobody is going to argue against me on this, because it's all true.

That said, best of luck with your upcoming medical treatment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 290, 291, 292 ... 339, 340, 341  Next
Page 291 of 341

Jump to: