myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
CGWA swap meet Sat. Jun24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WEISDA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: CGWA swap meet Sat. Jun24 Reply with quote

The CGWA swap meet is scheduled for this Saturday instead of Sunday, according to the schedule of events for this weekend's Beach Bash. Check the CGWA website for all the activities.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My concern about these June CGWA meets is their random, little-publicized timing. This one wasn't even posted on their schedule until quite recently, and one was cancelled with just last minute, mostly word-of-mouth notice a year or two ago. I suppose that's not a problem for Hood River residents, but for sellers or buyers timing trips from two hours or two days away, it increases the risk of tiny turnouts.

Unless someone wants to meet me there to sell me a good 102-103-104-L Syncro, I think I'll save myself the trip. (Does anyone know how those sizes compare? Each was tweaked.)

Mike \m/
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how was the turnout?
westender

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left around 9:45. Not many buyers. Many boards not priced to sell. CGWA has lots of good stuff for cheap. Fewer sellers than the last 2 Windance swaps. People wanting $250 for used carbon booms, $50 for old used fins.
Windance swap next Sun?
dougkeene

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As already mentioned, there were very few buyers at the Swap. And sellers really wanted far too much...I really don't expect to pay $650 for a used board in fair condition. BUT if you look hard you can still find great deals. I walked away with a large Fiberspar near-new condition carbon boom for $20 (thank you CGWA!), a nice 5.7 Neil Pride for $50 and a barely used Promo 4/3 for $50. I love the Swaps for catching up with old friends and finding gear that I will definitely make good use of.
windanceshop1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the Windance Swap meet this Sunday, July 2nd!
westender

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Open Ocean Board Reply with quote

If any lightweight folks want a Open Ocean, CGWA had a high wind and swell machine all black carbon looking!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

westender wrote:
People wanting $250 for used carbon booms, $50 for old used fins.
Windance swap next Sun?

Yes.
Yeah, $250 carbon booms, boo $50 fins (the latter is East Coast fin prices, not Gorge prices).
westender

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any gear that can't be used for foiling, now has a decreased value,, I heard a guy say and he seemed to know. Shocked All the talk of questionable used carbon booms make the the value go way down. It's not worth the savings.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHADDAYAMEAN INVALID SESSION?. FIX YER DAMNED WEBSITE.

I don't mind buying used carbon booms from people I know, or booms that are silent when I stress the hell out of them. It's the creaky or beat-up ones I shun.

And I'll keep any good carbon booms I can't sell for reasonable money, just in case I need them down the road. I'm not selling a boom worth $600 (i.e., a near-new high-end boom) for $200.

OTOH, I did just buy a 2006 board for $650 ... half its new retail price ... simply because it was on my very short list and seems hard to find. And that 2001 F2 Maui Project Wave 8'5" 87L at Windance is a rare find even at $450. That line is legendary, and that size is right on the cusp between slalomy and wavy ... i..e., it burns and turns like many smaller boards yet floats and cruises almost like their 8'6" 96L MPW. Big guy's one-board Gorge quiver, normal-sized guy's big Gorge board. In the decade-plus I've snapped up MPWs right and left (always check the deck first between the straps), this is only the second 8-5 I've seen. The first is MINE, ALL MINE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: