New iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:|
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Red Flag Warning; Fire Weather Watch by KMAF
Issued 5/7/2021 4:35 AM US/Central.
Valid through 5/8/2021 9:00 PM US/Central.
wwus84 kmaf 070935
urgent - fire weather message
national weather service midland/odessa tx
435 am cdt fri may 7 2021
sacramento foothills and guadalupe mountains-chaves plains-
eddy plains-guadalupe mountains above 7000 feet-
guadalupe and delaware mountains-eastern culberson county-
435 am cdt fri may 7 2021 /335 am mdt fri may 7 2021/
...fire weather watch in effect from saturday afternoon through
saturday evening for very dry and windy conditions in the
guadalupe mountains, sacramento foothills and adjacent plains.
* affected area...sacramento foothills and guadalupe mountains,
chaves plains, eddy plains, guadalupe mountains above 7000
feet, guadalupe and delaware mountains and eastern culberson
* timing...saturday afternoon and early evening.
* winds...west 30 to 50 mph with gusts up to 65 mph in the
mountains. west 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph in the
* relative humidity...as low as 5 percent.
* rfti...7 to 8 or extreme.
* impacts...observe local burn bans. avoid the use of open flames
or any activities that may generate sparks.
a fire weather watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.