myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
KING OF THE BAY IV KUDOS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainJohn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: KING OF THE BAY IV KUDOS Reply with quote

I would like to thank everyone who helped with this years King of the Bay. Without the amazing riders who showed up it wouldnt be much, but without the following people it would have never happened and for that I am indebted.

All OUR SPONSORS!!!!

ALL OF OUR SPECATORS!!!!

Gary Hohl-Owner, Helm of Sun Valley: For allowing me the bandwidth to focus on bringing truly the worlds best to the West and beliveing in the event, even when we break even or less!

Steve Gunn and Team Coyote: Countless and I mean COUNTLESS hours of focused devotion to the contests format and execution on game day in addition to his video footage.

Steve Gibson(kiter.com):
for devoting his time and energy into making the event press worthy and holding their hands in addition to showing up early every morning to make sure it was all covered....too bad he broke a tooth(youll have to ask him about that one)...no Steve I still dont want to have a backflip contest.

Troy Collins(mkfinancial.com): For continued devotion to the contest he helped found in light of the amateur windsurf event being canceled. Really the point man from the start, your continued support is greatly appreciated!

Kent Marinkovic(Cabrinha): For showing up year in and year out giving us the great commentary that seems to get better with the more beer he drinks.

Chip Wassen(UN): for making it half way across the globe to be there...whats King of the Bay without the original King?!

Dave Posner and Fire MASTER Mike:
From day 1 these two guys have given up their entire weekends to helping the cause, without their help I assure you this event would fall short.

Super Phil, Moose, Eron, Lisa, and Katie: For being out there everyday for almost as long as I was. Their value to me is far greater then their paychecks reflect.

ALL OUR VOLUNTEERS AND JUDGES: I hope your free sweatshirt, hydration, and food was enough appreciation. I wish I could have given more, but your service and performance was appreciated more then you know!

John Von Tessmar(Jet-ski-John): for rescuing everyone!! They are still talking about that one hand swipe...I hope someone got that on video!!

Beaner, Ari, Jello, and Neves:
For keeping the streets clear and everyone happy...tough tough job...youll never know until you do it, trust me!

My brother Gabriel:
My best friend. Last year he cooked for all of you, this year he parked all of you and kept blue jaguars from blocking the fire lane(whos gonna argue with a 63 300lb man?!) He is the best brother a person could ask for.

Z Party Crew:
Sonny, Cory, Troy and Slingshots Dave Civiello:
for keeping all of our bellies full and alcoholicly impaired nightly. I dont know about the rest of you, but my vote is for Sonny to cater next years event! Thanks guys! In case you all didnt know the riders commented that they have never eaten better treatment!

Regarding the cancellation of amateur windsurfing:
I once again apologize infatically for having to make this decision to the local windsurf community. I own it. I made it. It was my call. I know many rumors have flown around and arguments abound betwenn kiters and windsurfers. Its hard to understand unless youre the one making the decision, like with anything.
All I will say is this: Next years event, if plausible, I would love to have as many competitors in as many disciplines as possible. I know all of us on the event staff will be working hard on these tasks and encourage any imput and help from anyone. I could care less if someone flies a kite or rigs a sail. It does not make a person who they are, it simply is what someone does to enjoy their spare time, thats it. I know most of you do see it this way, but know that others do not. Enjoy your time off, live your life and fill your own desires, let others fill thiers. There are a lot of great people out at 3rd ave. Many kiters were once windsurfers and/or still are. The one thing that is important and one thing I have expressed to the media is that our community is one of the friendliest anywhere and when the s*** hits the fan everyone pulls together.

So there you have it, King of the Bay IV. I hope everyone had a great time and look foward to next year.

Thank You everyone!!

David
Helm of Sun Valley, San Mateo
OLAS!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: RE: KING OF THE BAY IV KUDOS Reply with quote

Next year cancel the Kiting event and use the same excuse.
shitan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: RE: KING OF THE BAY IV KUDOS Reply with quote

No no no, next year,pros,amateurs and beginners kiters will be competing at KOTB. No windsurfers what so ever and the name of the competition will be Kites On The Bay-For the love of hangnswing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: