myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
How to windsurf with one arm???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3arbeed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 5:15 am    Post subject: How to windsurf with one arm??? Reply with quote

Hi I am having a dilemma. I live in the east bay, and I am totally addicted on windsurfing. I broke my arm skiing (bad idea) and I cannot windsurf for another 2 months. I get very depressed watching the windsurfers plane, especially now that the season is coming back. Does anyone suggest a way I could windsur with one arm (my dominant arm). I was thinking of having a hook coming out of my arm. Please help!!
Windlover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:36 am    Post subject: RE: How to windsurf with one arm??? Reply with quote

I suggest you follow your doctors orders and stay off the water until you FULLY healed. The possibility of causing permanant injury and ending your windsurfing career is TOO high.
djohel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: RE: How to windsurf with one arm??? Reply with quote

If you have good teeth I would think you could use your mouth for your other arm. Then work on your one-handed body drags.
flaherty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: RE: How to windsurf with one arm??? Reply with quote

1aloop

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: RE: How to windsurf with one arm??? Reply with quote

I think you would be able to figure this out, a least going one direction. You could probably beach start using the harness and your back hand, and if you sail in the correct place you could sail to the other side and hitch hike back, unless it is your right arm that’s broke, that would make facing traffic and sticking out your thumb a real pain.

The hook is a good idea, and if you get that working it could be useful in a race when used to slash the appoints sail you would even have an advantage. It may rub the grip off the boom but you could get another one and use it as a spare if your arm heals

Good luck
fezz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: RE: How to windsurf with one arm??? Reply with quote

use your back foot for your other hand, or tie s string to your shoulder and use that,or duct tape, that stuff works for everything
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: