myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gates gate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Translation, for those who don't speak Libtard:

Odysee is a brilliantly developed distributed video sharing platform, designed at every level to be resilient to censorship by Big Tech/evil Gummints + NGO's.

Enough about that. What is it about you people, that makes you fear the truth so much? This Gates fella is trying to be a world leader in healthcare, and he's not even remotely qualified. Are y'all not the least bit interested in who he really is? What is his background? Any of you fools seriously think he's a genuine "philanthropist"?

Doesn't anyone wonder how a small company can come out of nowhere, and totally dominate markets, even though their product sucks? Does anyone actually like Starbucks coffee?
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.ted.com/talks/bill_gates_mosquitos_malaria_and_education?user_email_address=e42f2481f7571e984fd1c39b7b0416c1

Mosquitos, malaria and education
5,258,396 views | Bill Gates • TED2009

Quote:

Read transcript
Bill Gates hopes to solve some of the world's biggest problems using a new kind of philanthropy. In a passionate and, yes, funny 18 minutes, he asks us to consider two big questions and how we might answer them. (And see the Q&A on the TED Blog.)

cgoudie1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Starbucks fan, buy their pods and drink it at home. Think I'll go get a
cup right now.

Gates, maybe not so much.

-Craig

MikeLaRonde wrote:
Does anyone actually like Starbucks coffee?
real-human

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersandeducation/i-worked-closely-with-bill-gates-for-8-years-as-an-executive-at-microsoft-here-are-the-3-lessons-he-taught-me-that-i-ll-never-forget/ar-AA1aA97F?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=e0a3ad1f9bff4f54ef3f578db619f96e&ei=11

I worked closely with Bill Gates for 8 years as an executive at Microsoft. Here are the 3 lessons he taught me that I'll never forget.

Quote:
Chris Williams is a former VP of HR at Microsoft and podcaster, consultant, and TikTok creator.
He says Gates was a genius at figuring out what mattered, and that he was nearly always right.
Williams also says Gates was able to tell if someone was "slinging the bull" and not being truthful.
From my very first meeting with Bill Gates it was clear he was someone you could learn from. That grilling in a tiny Microsoft conference room in the summer of 1992 was one I'll never forget.

From then through to my time as Vice President of HR when I was afforded many one-on-one meetings with him, I learned many things from Bill Gates. Here are the 3 that stick with me.

1. Dig for answers
Chris Williams. Chris Williams
Chris Williams. Chris Williams
© Chris Williams
That first meeting was just days after the Fox Software team arrived on the Microsoft campus in Redmond. Microsoft had paid over $170 million for the company, and it was clear Bill wanted to see what he'd bought.
Six of us, two of our top developers and me as the development manager, joined the owner and two program managers for our introduction to Bill. We were totally unaware how extraordinary a small face-to-face with him was.

Pleasantries were rushed through quickly and it soon became clear the reason for the meeting. Our product, FoxPro, was many, many times faster than Cirrus, the Microsoft product it competed with (later released as Access). Bill wanted to understand why.

He quickly figured out the developer responsible was Eric Christensen, a pure genius. Bill focused immediately on Eric and what followed resembled a Star Trek mind meld. Bill shot in rapid fire more and more detailed questions, until they were discussing the movement of single bits and the size of the Intel 80386 instruction cache.

These are the 28 books Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates think you should read to get smarter about business and leadership

1 of 34 Photos in Gallery©Yasin Ozturk/Getty Images; Paul Ellis/Getty Images; Michael Loccisano/Getty Images

These are the 30 books Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates think you should read to get smarter about business and leadership
Many executives say they learned some of their most valuable business lessons from books.
Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates have recommended many over the years, from biographies to sci-fi novels.
Here are 30 books they say have taught them a lot about business, leadership, and the world.
You learn by doing, but you also learn a lot by reading.

Many influential business figures, including Twitter, Tesla, and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk; Amazon founder Jeff Bezos; and Microsoft cofounder Bill Gates say they learned some of their most important lessons from books.

The trio has recommended countless books over the years that they credit with strengthening their business acumen and teaching them about leadership.

Here are 30 books recommended by Musk, Bezos, and Gates to add to your reading list:

See More
As quickly as it began, the meeting ended. Bill nodded and smiled, almost proud of himself. He'd gotten his money's worth. We were free to go.

In the years that passed, I saw Bill do this same kind of exercise time and again. He was always curious, always wanted to understand, always drilling for more detail. As a younger man this drilling was aggressive and harsh. As he got older, his passion for detail never left, just his method for getting there mellowed.

Bill and I are only six months apart in age and during the time I worked with him I watched both of us grow. Maybe it was having children, maybe it was working with ever larger organizations, maybe it was just getting wiser with age. But both of us learned how to get to the details without making a mess in the process.

Related video: Bill Gates says calls to pause AI won't 'solve challenges' (Reuters)
Though Gates is currently focused full time on the philanthropic
Current Time 1:10
/
Duration 1:25
Reuters
Bill Gates says calls to pause AI won't 'solve challenges'
View on Watch
More videos
Rare tornado tears through Palm Beach, Florida
TODAY/TODAY
Rare tornado tears through Palm Beach, Florida
0:15
Meghan Markle’s half-brother accuses her of telling ‘another lie’
BANG Showbiz/BANG Showbiz
Meghan Markle’s half-brother accuses her of telling ‘another lie’
1:56
2. Smell the bull
A big part of the reason for the drilling went far beyond fascination with the details. It was much more than just checking that the work was done. It was to identify the people who slung the bull. The people who, when cornered, just make things up.

Garantía Devolución en 30 Días
Garantía Devolución en 30 Días
Ad
McAfee
It seems that Bill learned early on that pressing for details until failure resulted in two kinds of responses. There were the people who were strong enough to admit, in the face of the then-richest man on the planet, that "I don't know." And there were those who just started making things up. Guessing at answers. Pulling things out of thin air.

Bill wielded that cudgel with dexterity. His response to obvious bull was almost always "that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard." If it was egregiously wrong, he would throw in a personal insult or two. Questioning of one's parentage or education. The latter faded with time as he received feedback about how little the personal invective helped.
But Bill's ability to smell the odor of falsehood only seemed to improve with age. Later you could tell you were in trouble just from his facial expressions. That look of disappointment that told you, oops, perhaps I should retreat here.

It was hard to be in those rooms many times and not pick up some of that skill. I began to see the same kinds of signs. I learned to watch for the flittering eyes, the unsure tone, or the smell of desperation. In time I could recognize the face of someone who, it seemed, would rather die than say, "I don't know, but I'll find out and get back to you."

3. Synthesize from nothing
Bill's greatest skill, however, was his ability to see a mess and find the structure. To face a deeply complex set of facts and opinions and determine precisely the meaning in the stew. To synthesize clarity from a whole lot of nothing.

Too many times to count, I was in a project update with Bill and watched this skill at work. Teams would meet at least twice with him. Once for the project kickoff to ensure things were headed in a good direction, one that made sense and aligned with the rest of the company. Then they would meet shortly before release to confirm that the objectives were met, mostly just a Bill stamp of approval.

The largest or most important projects were subjected to interim reviews — as many as two or three as the project progressed. It was at the start or during these interim reviews when this synthesis often happened.

A team would bring in a deeply complex set of issues. Perhaps a fractured product market with a lot of competition and a broad range of possible technical opportunities to address the market. They would have miles of data and dozens of opinions on the correct path. They would say "we're struggling to decide if we should do X and build this, or head toward Y and build that."

Within seconds Bill had absorbed it all. Somehow, someway, he found the two or three variables that really mattered. He would blurt out "Don't you see, this and that are what matters, it's clear you should do X!"

The whole room would be silent, and then realize how right he was. Agreement was widely reached, a path was charted, the meeting soon adjourned.

When I first saw this happen, I was sure it was simply people agreeing with the boss. I later realized the Microsoft culture wouldn't let that happen. If he was wrong, one of the senior people in the room would call him out. Someone who had earned his respect would've shot back "That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard." And laughed.

No, he was virtually always right. He had found the two or five things that really mattered. The variables that changed the equation. And from there, the choice was obvious.

Some of this was because he sat at the top of a large organization that itself was at the top of a large market. He had contacts, perspective, and visibility that many of us did not.

But most of it was because of him. His skill at seeing both the details and the whole picture in one frame. His genius at figuring out what mattered, and more importantly what didn't.

I'll admit I never learned how to do this. At least not at his level. I just learned to admire it. And I was fortunate enough to be able to get one-on-one time with him to use it. Use it for myself and the various teams I led at Microsoft.

I learned a lot from spending time with Bill Gates. All the noise around his personal life that may have surfaced recently have done little to dampen that. When I think of how much the opportunity to be in the room with him taught me, I just smile.

Chris Williams is the former VP of HR at Microsoft and a leadership advisor, podcaster, TikTok creator, and author.

MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

monkey see, money fear, monkey worship!

a credit to "Illusion2Reality" from this video (which you all SHOULD watch, as it is short, humorous and to the point)
https://odysee.com/@Illusion2Reality:b/Bill-Gates---hello-useless-eaters-quot-bill-gates-ani:6

Last edited by MikeLaRonde on Wed May 03, 2023 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The feeble and weak amongst us will always seek to brand someone the Bogeyman. Bill Gates is a soft target for those folks. Similarly, they target George Soros, or Larry Fink, or others in high places who they think have nefarious plots.
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
The feeble and weak amongst us will always seek to brand someone the Bogeyman. Bill Gates is a soft target for those folks. Similarly, they target George Soros, or Larry Fink, or others in high places who they think have nefarious plots.

HA! You can't even write a good cheap shot insult.

The "feeble and weak" are the ones who actually listen to conniving psychopath weasels like Gates and Fauci. Who must be laughing out of their chairs at those who do ... "suckers!" they surely say to themselves. They have a name for their libtarded supporters: "useful idiots"

As for that evil globalist schmuck Soros, he simply hates America, wants nothing less than her total destruction, and uses his money and influence to effect it. If you defend Soros, then maybe you hate America? Which still includes California and New York, last I heard.

Don't know much about Larry Fink. As the CEO of the company that practically owns half the world, somehow I doubt he's much of a nice guy.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schlogger... You haven't disappointed me. You even used the "hates America" moniker. I am a Gates/Soros fan, I guess I hate America...maybe that warms your 'nads.
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Schlogger... You haven't disappointed me. You even used the "hates America" moniker. I am a Gates/Soros fan, I guess I hate America...maybe that warms your 'nads.

Ha! Spoken like a true nishtikeit!

I wonder why you seem obsessed with the word "schlogger" ... it just has some kind of ring to it, doesn't it?

You think those shysters actually care about an alterkaker like you? Think again.

In plain English, you are simply a USEFUL IDIOT to them, when you spread their message and defend their BS "causes", which are actually diabolical and aimed at all races and most religions.

Why don't you go back to NY and EAT BUGS as your globalist master schmucks are starting to demand!?

Last edited by MikeLaRonde on Thu May 04, 2023 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
mac

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeLaRonde wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Ha! Spoken like a true nishtikeit!

I wonder why you seem obsessed with the word "schlogger" ... it just has some kind of ring to it, hmm ...

You think those shysters actually care about an alterkaker like you? Think again.

In plain English, you are simply a USEFUL IDIOT to them, when you spread their message and defend their BS "causes".

Why don't you go back to NY and EAT BUGS as your globalist master schmucks are starting to demand!?

Classic minimally disguised anti-Semitism. The globalist conspiracy is the code. Not just a schlogger.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: