myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
What happens if Donald Trump wins in 2024?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if elected he will not be capable of getting room to room without a golf cart...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/former-trump-aide-said-he-and-other-staffers-couldn-t-imagine-trump-marching-to-the-capitol-on-january-6-because-he-d-never-seen-the-man-walk-across-a-golf-course-without-a-golf-cart/ar-AA15IjH4?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=90ad0e1987d54e799392bb0be33c1b76

Former Trump aide said he and other staffers couldn't imagine Trump marching to the Capitol on January 6 because he'd 'never seen the man walk across a golf course without a golf cart'

Quote:

Some White House staffers heard that Trump wanted to go to the Capitol on Jan. 6 and laughed it off.
Judd Deere told the committee he hadn't seen Trump "walk across a golf course without a golf cart."
Deere, then the WH Deputy Press Secretary, also said he typed a resignation letter on Jan. 6.
A handful of then-President Donald Trump's aides heard ahead of January 6, 2021, that he might be planning to walk with supporters down Pennsylvania Avenue to the Capitol as a Joint Session of Congress met to certify the election results.

According to the former White House Deputy Press Secretary Judd Deere, they laughed it off — it just wasn't realistic for Trump to walk that far.

"I've never seen the man walk across a golf course without a golf cart. I can't imagine him walking up Pennsylvania Avenue," Deere told investigators with the January 6 committee during a deposition in March 2022, adding that there were also "security concerns" about such a movement.

The committee, which put out its full report on Friday, released transcripts of additional interviews on Tuesday.

Deere told the committee that several days ahead of January 6, he had "jokingly" talked about the possibility of Trump going to the Capitol with Molly Michael and Nick Luna, two other Trump White House aides.

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nation will prosper again.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, you seem to be very convinced. Maybe you can highlight how Donald Trump would go about accomplishing that feat. Why not list the top ten things he would do?
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:

Moscow malibu barfie speaks and a stench is put out.

deficit spending to the highest levels in the history of mankind is not prosperity, it is deficit spending that has short term prosperity and crushes future prosperity.

mac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any Republican had any courage, or any sense of the need to rehabilitate the party and put some distance between the GOP and white nationalists, they would simply invoke the 14th amendment. Section 3 couldn't be clearer on why Trump cannot be President again.

Quote:
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.
wsurfer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:

Yeah, right!

The "King of Debt" will get us there!

https://www.propublica.org/article/national-debt-trump

Not from Malibu, NOT a Guru!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a dispatch from Loserdom, Drumpf threatens third party run if the Rethug establishment does not support him....
vientomas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
In a dispatch from Loserdom, Drumpf threatens third party run if the Rethug establishment does not support him....

In my opinion, Trump will not be the Repub nominee for Pres. Trump's ego, and need for cover from civil and criminal prosecutions, will lead him to run as a 3rd party candidate. Spit that vote baby! Hell ya! You go Trump! If Trump runs as a 3rd party candidate, I' may hang one of his flags from my house!
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vientomas

I agree. Trump will be on the ballot regardless of how the primaries go. His ego and vindictiveness will mean he will need to do it. Not to mention, as you wrote, being a candidate offers some political protection from prosecution.

I will laugh my ass off at the GOP establishment who still voted for him over a much more qualified Republican (Hillary Clinton). It got them the SC, I guess, but not the Presidency for awhile.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the establishment really is concerned about a third party run, they will have no choice but to go to him, hat in hand, and kiss the boots of the tan man.. Also, an event I will buy front row tickets for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: