myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Marine radio recommendation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterbelden

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:29 pm    Post subject: Marine radio recommendation? Reply with quote

Thinking of buying a marine radio and a waterproof case to wear while winging at Crissy. Any recommendations? I have an android phone that I don't take with me in the water but I suppose that could be another option. I'm sure many of you have thought about this so eager for suggestions so I don't have to re-invent the wheel. Looking for something with a long lasting battery, perhaps not rechargeable and the smaller the better of course. Since this will lead to wear a waist belt, any suggestions for a waist belt that would both hold the radio and connect to a board leash?
peterbelden

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this. https://sfba.org/index.php/safety-guides/marine-radio-guide
windswell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this method still works, but 4 years ago I used an out-of-service Motorola phone in a thin waterproof bag. At that time, a cell phone with a working battery can call 911, no contract required. Most people have an old phone lying around. Give it a try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: