myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Trump will likely be a defendant for the rest of his life
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:55 pm    Post subject: Trump will likely be a defendant for the rest of his life Reply with quote

he is being sued by some of the Capitol Police agents and/or families. They want every penny he raised with his lies. I think he raised about 250 million or so.

and his people will have to testify...

https://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/watch/lawrence-trump-will-likely-be-a-defendant-for-the-rest-of-his-life-145025093654?cid=eml_maddow_20220729&user_email=e73377d3e40790eecbf6a99203e1476ea2a23c644c2045abd739b8f9e629a73b&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=TRMS%207/29/22&utm_term=Rachel%20Maddow%20Show

Lawrence: Trump will likely be a defendant for the rest of his life

Quote:
Former President Donald Trump is facing legal exposure on multiple fronts, including a civil lawsuit filed by 8 Capitol police officers who defended the Capitol during the January 6th riot. MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell explains why 76-year-old Donald Trump is likely to be a defendant for the rest of his life.

Last edited by real-human on Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of COURSE he will be a defendant all his life. That's how the far left operates. They make shit up, declare guilt, file charges, lose in court, make more shit up, and repeat, ad infinitum. Russian collusion ... insurrection ... it's all the same song, different words, like racist vs liar vs homophobe, etc. They will pursue this line of behavior into his 90s, like a rottweiler with a bacon-scented 18-wheeler tire. Their hatred and political fear of him and us deplorables displace all shreds of rational behavior despite Brandon's ... er, Biden's ... and his policies' rousing success at destroying our country and the rest of the world with it.

Yet these same people completely ignore, even deny, the historic level of well documented corruption in most of the Biden clan.

Sources include the book “Profiles in Corruption: Abuse of Power by America’s Progressive Elite” by Peter Schweizer; Hunter's laptop and emails and phone calls and documented federal crimes; and most of the world wide web.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. I get it. Biden’s son may be a crook so it’s OK to try and overthrow democracy and steel an election? wow…just wow.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, all those people who went ballistic when Hillary deleted the e-mails with her hair dressers reaction to the Secret Service and Trump aides erasing all texts on the 6th? Bupkis.

Books by conservatives with a tenuous relationship to the facts and truth? Isobars favorites.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many times was Donald Trump in court before becoming president? Frankly, he's played both sides of the fence, as the plaintiff in some, or as the defendant in others.

It's no big surprise that dishonest criminal types like Trump will often try to use the court to their benefit. But, being the dishonest person that he is, he's also found to be the defendant in cases where he loses. In civil cases, the downside to losing is usually just a monetary thing. However, in the predicament that he is in right now, he's facing criminal charges, and rightly so. With all the serious charges against him, I'm convinced that he should be spending some time behind bars. As a bare minimum for his crimes, he should never be allowed to run for political office again.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Steve,

To my knowledge, there's nothing in the constitution that keeps a convicted
felon from holding the political office of the presidency. In fact it appears
to me that they could run the presidency from jail, if I read my constitution
correctly. Would a party run a convicted felon for such an office? 10 years
ago I would have said that was just too stupid to be possible, but when it
comes to the voting US public, apparently nothing is too stupid. One more
disturbing thing I'll add to this conversation. With our current society,
a candidate who survives a court challenge isn't anathema as they were
in previous political climates. It's more like they become a vindicated
stronger candidate.

We'll get what we vote for. Frankly my daughter's generation is waiting
for us all to die off, so that some semblance of rationality will return.
I wish it were that simple.

-Craig

swchandler wrote:
How many times was Donald Trump in court before becoming president? Frankly, he's played both sides of the fence, as the plaintiff in some, or as the defendant in others.

It's no big surprise that dishonest criminal types like Trump will often try to use the court to their benefit. But, being the dishonest person that he is, he's also found to be the defendant in cases where he loses. In civil cases, the downside to losing is usually just a monetary thing. However, in the predicament that he is in right now, he's facing criminal charges, and rightly so. With all the serious charges against him, I'm convinced that he should be spending some time behind bars. As a bare minimum for his crimes, he should never be allowed to run for political office again.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"With our current society, a candidate who survives a court challenge isn't anathema as they were in previous political climates. It's more like they become a vindicated stronger candidate."

Craig, there's some truth to what you're saying, and Donald Trump has made it a core part of his lying screed. Just like his repeated declarations the he won the 2020 election.

Another perfect example is his recovery from two impeachments. He boldly claims total vindication, and unbelievably, Republicans in mass ignore the facts and deny the truth. And sadly, Republican politicians played a crucial part in engineering it in the Senate. If you repeat a lie over and over, less thoughtful folks will eat it up and believe it, especially in the cult atmosphere Trump seems to generate.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 14th amendment* is THE reason that the J6 Kangaroo Court and all their media minions have used the word "insurrection" thousands of times. Just look at the dozens of brilliant and blinded partisans people right here fooled by Cheney's deliberate, OBVIOUS omission of Trump's repeated pleas to send in 20,000 national guardsmen (only the Speaker can authorize that, and she refused repeatedly) and to keep any protest peaceful. I still don't see how the capitol police opening the doors, waving people in, chatting amiably with them including the "viking" ... we've seen the official videos countless times ... constitutes an insurrection, let alone warrants years in prison including solitary confinement for Trump supporters but absolutely NADA for Colbert's staff even after they were ordered to leave. And why was Ray Epps not prosecuted for his continuous, strident, specific urgings to the crowd to not only storm but break into the capitol?

That kind of documented, public record, partisan misbehavior in this forum and in Washington disgust and amaze me more every day, no matter which side it comes from (but my GOD the far left here and in the real world is beyond comprehension).

* Fourteenth Amendment Citizenship, Equal Protection, and Other Rights of Citizens

Section 3 Disqualification from Holding Office

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Of COURSE he will be a defendant all his life. That's how the far left operates. They make shit up, declare guilt, file charges, lose in court, make more shit up, and repeat, ad infinitum. Russian collusion ... insurrection ... it's all the same song, different words, like racist vs liar vs homophobe, etc. They will pursue this line of behavior into his 90s, like a rottweiler with a bacon-scented 18-wheeler tire. Their hatred and political fear of him and us deplorables displace all shreds of rational behavior despite Brandon's ... er, Biden's ... and his policies' rousing success at destroying our country and the rest of the world with it.

Yet these same people completely ignore, even deny, the historic level of well documented corruption in most of the Biden clan.

Sources include the book “Profiles in Corruption: Abuse of Power by America’s Progressive Elite” by Peter Schweizer; Hunter's laptop and emails and phone calls and documented federal crimes; and most of the world wide web.

what a dumber than dumb F you are. Seriously you are so friggen stupid that a rock is above your level. The damage you must have done to america unless you were peeling potato's is just unbelievable. Seriously you are just too stupid.

The article eludes to mainly civil lawsuits.... He is being sued by people that were employed by the capital police. They will be taking him to court for years till he is dead which is not nearly as long as other have pointed out Hilary.

Also most of the delays that trump employs send things to the supreme court to even testify that makes things takes years as he did with his taxes for example.

Now Bill and Hillary were attacked for a land deal that took place before he ran for president, 70,000.00 that they lost. And gee the ultra right wing including Starr and ultra partisan right wingers others paying paula Jones entire lawsuit fees and even clothing and nose job costs to sue Clinton, gee so much for suing a sitting president when he is in office. And the hate and investigations have not stopped to this date on them. Bill Testified under oath when the Judge was a former student that hated Clinton in Law school because he gave her a B+ she filed a grievance as well as she worked on all campaigns against clinton when Clinton went into Politics.

Oh Hillary testified not using executive immunity under oath and answered every right wing question, in what was there 6-7 different congressional investigations on her.

Last edited by real-human on Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
The 14th amendment* is THE reason that the J6 Kangaroo Court and all their media minions have used the word "insurrection" thousands of times. Just look at the dozens of brilliant and blinded partisans people right here fooled by Cheney's deliberate, OBVIOUS omission of Trump's repeated pleas to send in 20,000 national guardsmen (only the Speaker can authorize that, and she refused repeatedly) and to keep any protest peaceful. I still don't see how the capitol police opening the doors, waving people in, chatting amiably with them including the "viking" ... we've seen the official videos countless times ... constitutes an insurrection, let alone warrants years in prison including solitary confinement for Trump supporters but absolutely NADA for Colbert's staff even after they were ordered to leave. And why was Ray Epps not prosecuted for his continuous, strident, specific urgings to the crowd to not only storm but break into the capitol?

That kind of documented, public record, partisan misbehavior in this forum and in Washington disgust and amaze me more every day, no matter which side it comes from (but my GOD the far left here and in the real world is beyond comprehension).

* Fourteenth Amendment Citizenship, Equal Protection, and Other Rights of Citizens

Section 3 Disqualification from Holding Office

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

yes moron there insiders enforcement agency capital police helping the capital overthrow... all the way to the top levels in many enforcement agencies of the usa. Why they were not ordered to shoot at will when the first mob overwhelmed the building I do not understand why.

again I am tough on serious crime that was there to overthrow the government with lies. There was not one legitimate grievance shown by any top right winger in any state as shown by not one republican could swear under oath they had real proof. I would be putting most of these people to 20 years no probation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: