myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
O'Neill Psycho 1 4/3 or O'Neill Heat 4/3 Thoughts Please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dlee,

I'm the same age as you, and I started surfing in 1963. As far as surf suits, my experience is vast, but each body is different, and it is safe to say that wetsuit brands and their models can vary greatly.

If you live on the coast, finding a surf shop that has a stock of wetsuits that you can try on before buying is relatively easy. Speaking for myself, I've found that O'Neill wetsuits to be some of the best and most durable designs out there. I would start there.
donwh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
[quote]If you live on the coast, finding a surf shop that has a stock of wetsuits that you can try on before buying is relatively easy. Speaking for myself, I've found that O'Neill wetsuits to be some of the best and most durable designs out there. I would start there.
--------

OP here, that's the problem, I have to do mail order. Had to return the LG Psychotech, too small, going to look for XL and take my chances but for $500 bucks I'll return it if it doesn't fit properly...
dllee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saying.....surfing wetsuits have the Tightest ankle diameter per size.
You state they have the loosest ankles.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and I'm right.

Seriously though, I'm talking about me and my past experience. That's why I recommended trying stuff on before you buy. Yet, like what donwh has pointed out, not everyone lives on the coast where surf shops are common, and they must buy online and take a chance. I share his predicament when it comes to windsurfing shops.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though Hood River is just two hours away, I've ordered suits in 2 or 3 sizes, tried them on in my living room, picked one, and returned the rest. It's simpler and cheaper than driving into the shops.
dllee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I thought I was getting old!
techno900

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing like sitting in a shop and trying on a half dozen shits to find the perfect one. However, the nearest shop is 4 hours away and inventory is limited - so - it's mail order or nothing. As I mentioned before EVO has a great inventory and they were great to work with. The only issue with a return is a $7 charge for the return sticker/label. Not a big deal when trying to find the right size of a $500 wet suit.

IN THE LAST FEW MONTHS, WHEN POSTING A REPLY ON THIS FORUM, I HAVE NEVER HAD ONE GO THROUGH ON THE FIRST ATTEMPT, IT'S ALWAYS AN "INVALID SESSION". IF I KEEP TRYING, IT WILL GO THROUGH, BUT OFTEN IT GETS DUPICATED. HELP!!!
LloydKBennett

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice post
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: