myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Ezzy Customer Service... WOW !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windswell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject: Ezzy Customer Service... WOW ! Reply with quote

I elbow punched an 11 inch tear in my 5.8 Ezzy Tiger on a fall in surf. Amazingly, the tear didn't spread on my 3 minute sail back to the beach. Yesterday I emailed info@ezzy.com with my plan to make the fix. There's nobody local to do the repair, and I'm an inveterate DIYer with some experience in fabric laminates, stitching and repair.

David Ezzy, himself, replied to my email within 65 minutes with detailed instructions on how to make the fix easier and better, along with diagrams and suggestions on extending the life of the sail. I then ordered 10" and 14" wide adhesive-backed Insignia cloth from Sailrite.
I'll post photos of the repair when done.
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been with Ezzy since he left North sails. Besides the fact that the sails are great and last a long time, The service between Tim in The gorge and Dave is remarkable. They supply rigging videos for all the sails. If you still feel that your sail isn't working properly you can send a few pictures to Dave and he will tell what you need to do. One example is, way back when I had a few of his cam sails. Rode them for over a year with no issue. They had a few issues with the cam ears breaking. Ezzy sent everyone that had theses sails all new cams after the year warranty was up. He didn't wait for people to have problems...Just saying
manuel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOVAAN wrote:
I have been with Ezzy since he left North sails. Besides the fact that the sails are great and last a long time, The service between Tim in The gorge and Dave is remarkable. They supply rigging videos for all the sails. If you still feel that your sail isn't working properly you can send a few pictures to Dave and he will tell what you need to do. One example is, way back when I had a few of his cam sails. Rode them for over a year with no issue. They had a few issues with the cam ears breaking. Ezzy sent everyone that had theses sails all new cams after the year warranty was up. He didn't wait for people to have problems...Just saying

How are your mast tips from using ezzy only? Mine get sanded down from the top batten design.

NOVAAN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the time that happens from the head cap edge digging into the mast.
The first thing I do when I get a new sail is remove the head cap and install the plug type insert. I have not had an issue since.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: