myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Punta San Carlos conditions post Hilary
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpnv

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:01 am    Post subject: Punta San Carlos conditions post Hilary Reply with quote

Any word on conditions at PSC after the storm ? Road conditions ? Solo sports campo still standing ?
Angel had done a lot of work to fortify the campo over last winter. Hope it didn’t go to waste
-Mike[/img]
loopless

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how the old campo did but the road to PSC is very bad at various points - almost impassable without serious 4WD capabilities including maybe winching. I have seen the photos. One would assume the locals will figure out something.

Hwy 1 was actually closed before the PSC turn off a couple of days ago.
mpnv

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Loopless ! I expect the locals will get the road sorted sooner rather than later. The road was pretty exceptionally smooth when we were there in mid April this year. Hope the locals at the fish camp didn’t have too much damage . Life appears pretty hard down there without a Hurricane thrown in the mix
loopless

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest update is that PSC is still inaccessible. Road crews will be attending to the road in the near future. Don't try and go now.
JamesHardy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The information I'm getting is from Ivan one of the managers of the fish camp. Currently the road is impassable due to multiple 60 yard wide 20 foot deep washouts the only way in and out for now is by boat. The military had a mandatory evacuation order for the fish camp and the point. There was one couple Jim & Lorena who stayed at fish camp, reports are that last years hurricane had stronger winds and more rain but Hillery caused more damage. They say that Pinball is impassable and the airstrip is washed out in multiple spots, fish camp lost 5 roofs and the roads inside the camp are washed out. I have seen pictures and a few videos and it doesn't look good. Road crews are supposed to start work next week getting the road open focusing on making it passable with repairs starting sometime late next spring. If this winters El Nino is as strong as predicted I would assume there will be more damage to the road as well. As soon as the fisherman can get back into camp I will know more about the condition of the old Solo Ports camp, the trailers, and outhouses and will post what I hear.
JamesHardy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry posted 2x's
mpnv

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks James. Already starting to plan for our spring trip, so appreciate the info
-Mike
katiedog

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latching onto this post as it includes those who have a interest . PSC/Solo has filed chapter 7
Trt84

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:24 am    Post subject: Latest PSC Road Conditions Reply with quote

We have a group scheduled to go around October 13th. We can go full 4WD if necessary any road updates? The locals are amazing in building work arounds and they are usually fast.
benspikey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard pinball Alley was a mess. Giant crevices from washouts. People have made it but required 4x4 planks, digging. Long slow grind.. Be prepared for a very rough ride and possibly serious damage to your vehicle if you slip into a crevice / wash out.

Also heard rumors about the area actively being put up for sale.

Again this is just what I have heard from some pretty reliable people who have personal aircraft and flew in
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: