myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
January 6th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I'm glad you seem to enjoy bickering -- not debating, or even arguing, just BICKERING -- with these children. More power to ya; you're in the right place. I've explained to them at least 20 times, ranging from quick paragraphs to detailed pages, why it's pointless to assume they even can ... let alone want to ... behave as sensient, informed, thinking, inquiring adults. They almost never demonstrate any will or desire to get beyond baseless, irrelevant ad hominem or MSNBC/The View-level blather. Even the one or two who occasionally cite a source can't help but wrap their posts in bile and order us to spend hours answering a litany of tangential (if even that) questions.

Mat-ty wised up and left the building. MrGybe and Malibu are trying hard to ignore them. Even asking a legitimate, sincere question such as "Is Biden being isolated from facts or is he just a far bigger liar than Trump?" gets no adult response, so I'm reduced to just opening the porta-potty door and lid and tossing in an occasional cherry bomb (supported by original sources if it's represented as fact).
coachg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeLaRonde wrote:
You got some kind of point, coach G-strap? ONCE AGAIN, you skipped the meaningful part of my quote

Very simple point. You aren’t capable of meaningful thoughts. I’d have to get too shit faced to even come close to following your logic. At least Iso is easy to understand because he simply plagiarizes FOX News & uses proper grammar. I will give you one prop. It’s easy to tell when you’ve gone off the wagon.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Coachg
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isobars is OK posting about Biden’s bowel movements but chastises other posters for not engaging in a dialogue HE describes as “blather”. I don’t really care about Isobars opinions in general. But, what I do find telling is that he is not alone in this attitude.

This is a thread on Jan 6. An incident occurred by a Trump supported mob to take control of our government. Isobars, and others by their silence here, do not seem too upset about all of this. This double standard speaks volumes about what is ailing this country…especially from the right wingers (no disrespect to the few true conservatives left).
vientomas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/27/politics/capitol-attack-january-6-fanone-albuquerque-head-sentenced/index.html

I'm sure Iso will rage at the sentence. After all, the defendant was just an innocent grandpa waved in by law enforcement. Rolling Eyes
wsurfer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/27/politics/capitol-attack-january-6-fanone-albuquerque-head-sentenced/index.html

I'm sure Iso will rage at the sentence. After all, the defendant was just an innocent grandpa waved in by law enforcement. Rolling Eyes

It's just a shame that we did away with tar and feathering!
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wsurfer wrote:
vientomas wrote:

It's just a shame that we did away with tar and feathering!

Agreed! Take flight, dodo!
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Mike, I'm glad you seem to enjoy bickering -- not debating, or even arguing, just BICKERING -- with these children.

Hey Mike, how's it going? You know, you might just try a little humor yourself. Laughing

You know who I was just thinking of? Do you remember "Brucie" ? That's right, the late Robert Bruce Swift. I have to admit, I feel bad, because of all people here, I could have actually known the man, having spent much of my youth in Brucie's stomping ground: East Falmouth MA.

I also recall that, whenever dearest Brucie got too out of hand, "Mo and her crayons" would show up, and treat us all to her genuinely talented artwork. All of her caricatures of "Brucie" were completely hand drawn, based on the limited pictures the Bruce one himself made available.

NTTAGT, but Brucie was truly the master of Internet trolling. He would set you up by pretending to be serious and knowledgeable, then going "McVeigh" on anyone foolish enough to reply. Laughing

He was at least a decade ahead of his time, huh Monkeyface Laughing !

\ Cool/
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humor is lost on these guys.

Consider the ICBM joke earlier, straight from Gutfeld, recently the highest ranked late night cable or broadcast TV show. One of his show's spontaneous events almost topped the last 10 seconds of Cheers, which left me LMAO well into the next show (back when I had time to watch TV).

But I gotta admit, because my wife and I both notice it: Back when the left began rearing its putrid head in rec.windsurfing and before I realized that their behavior is endemic from rec.w to Washington, DC, I took them seriously. I got high praise for ignoring their ad hominem and focusing on their substance (they actually discussed issues way back then between their bogus blasts at messengers).

Alas, thinking they were decent, rational human beings with different political and social mores bit me in the ass. The bite marks still linger to this day in my temperament, so I cut back my TV news time by 90% and replaced it with Spotify. I feel Much Mo Bettah now.

Speaking of Mo (Gunn) ... I praised her great talent many times here, both before and after her content went beyond funny to simply vicious. Hell, Ted Bundy had talent, too, but his dark side also got to be a bit much.

As for Brucie (and pueno/oneup) ... he was indeed talented at internet bowling (setting up pins and knocking them down). The trolls here today aren't nearly as subtle, imaginative, interesting. or clever as Brucie was. These guys are just blunt instruments intent on verbal violence usually sans substance or relevance.

This whole scene has gone the way of the computer in front of me, which is infested with notorious operating system malware. The minute the Apple agent on the phone and linked to my computer saw the words "Any Search" on my screen, he pronounced my computer DOA. He did his best to slay the dragon for the next 3 hours (despite it being 10 years old and beyond formal life support; Go, Apple!), but merely wounded the malware and said that it would regenerate, starfish-style. The only solutions were (1) reverting it to brick mode and loading all new OS and app software direct from original, clean sources or (2) buying a new computer and loading its apps from clean sources. I chose to do both, and he offered to walk me through the OS replacement.

Too bad that won't work with radical liberals. I did try solution (2) by switching to another WSing forum that actually promised to be moderated, but that, as with iW, was false advertising. The "moderator" of that forum was also part of the problem.
vientomas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

Consider the ICBM joke earlier, straight from Gutfeld, recently the highest ranked late night cable or broadcast TV show. One of his show's spontaneous events almost topped the last 10 seconds of Cheers, which left me LMAO well into the next show (back when I had time to watch TV).

But I gotta admit, because my wife and I both notice it: Back when the left began rearing its putrid head in rec.windsurfing and before I realized that their behavior is endemic from rec.w to Washington, DC, I took them seriously. I got high praise for ignoring their ad hominem and focusing on their substance (they actually discussed issues way back then between their bogus blasts at messengers).

Alas, thinking they were decent, rational human beings with different political and social mores bit me in the ass. The bite marks still linger to this day in my temperament, so I cut back my TV news time by 90% and replaced it with Spotify. I feel Much Mo Bettah now.

Speaking of Mo (Gunn) ... I praised her great talent many times here, both before and after her content went beyond funny to simply vicious. Hell, Ted Bundy had talent, too, but his dark side also got to be a bit much.

As for Brucie (and pueno/oneup) ... he was indeed talented at internet bowling (setting up pins and knocking them down). The trolls here today aren't nearly as subtle, imaginative, interesting. or clever as Brucie was. These guys are just blunt instruments intent on verbal violence usually sans substance or relevance.

This whole scene has gone the way of the computer in front of me, which is infested with notorious operating system malware. The minute the Apple agent on the phone and linked to my computer saw the words "Any Search" on my screen, he pronounced my computer DOA. He did his best to slay the dragon for the next 3 hours (despite it being 10 years old and beyond formal life support; Go, Apple!), but merely wounded the malware and said that it would regenerate, starfish-style. The only solutions were (1) reverting it to brick mode and loading all new OS and app software direct from original, clean sources or (2) buying a new computer and loading its apps from clean sources. I chose to do both, and he offered to walk me through the OS replacement.

Too bad that won't work with radical liberals. I did try solution (2) by switching to another WSing forum that actually promised to be moderated, but that, as with iW, was false advertising. The "moderator" of that forum was also part of the problem.

So sayeth the guy who calls people "fuggin' idiots" in tiny font. Can you say passive aggressive? Rolling Eyes
wsurfer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

Why don't you just leave and post on Truth Social...your idol will love you for it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 29 of 33

Jump to: