myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
CREATING NEW SPORT: Concept Feedback from Fellow Windsurfers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gabriel

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject: CREATING NEW SPORT: Concept Feedback from Fellow Windsurfers Reply with quote

Hello Friends!

Wanted to get your thoughts on something. I've been a windsurfer for a good while now and I love it! But I'm not at all great at it. It inspired me to make windsurfing a part of a fantasy book of mine though, which I'm also excited for. I wanted your thoughts about if the general concept is realistic. Basically it is a combination of windsurfing and soccer with two teams needing to throw the ball in an opposing team's net on a goal dock. The wind of course would be perpendicular and the docks are occasionally adjusted according to the change in wind.

Here's a link to the rules and details about the sport (also called windboarding/Mephris in the book) if you want more details to give specific feedback: https://gmdantes.com/mephris/

Also, if anyone sounds particularly interested in helping with this, I'd love to have a fellow windsurfer read over the windsurfing section to make sure it actually makes sense and is realistic. Feel free to message me on here or privately!

Cheers,
Gabriel Dantes
isobars

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We loved it back in the 1980s, when it was officially called buoyball. Unfortunately (also fortunately), it died a peaceful death when bombproof plastic boards were replaced by more fragile hulls.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: