myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Are there outdoor showers at Crissy Field this time of year?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jiwindsurf

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 3:36 pm    Post subject: Are there outdoor showers at Crissy Field this time of year? Reply with quote

Planning on a windsurf trip from Oregon to San Francisco in June and wondering if there is either an outside shower at Crissy (or at least a working hose) to let me rinse off my wetsuit and gear after sailing? Or is there nothing available because of water shortage and/or pandemic?
Thanks,
Jim
rigatoni

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an outdoor shower with four separate heads. Works for rinsing body and wetsuit. Occasionally someone tries getting in there with gear but not ideal. There is also a dog wash station that works for rinsing stuff off too.
jpf18

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Are there outdoor showers at Crissy Field this time of year? Reply with quote

jiwindsurf wrote:
Planning on a windsurf trip from Oregon to San Francisco in June and wondering if there is either an outside shower at Crissy (or at least a working hose) to let me rinse off my wetsuit and gear after sailing? Or is there nothing available because of water shortage and/or pandemic?
Thanks,
Jim

The shower was shut off last year for a few weeks. That in an effort to detract visitors due to Pandemic concerns. It is back online since fall 2020. Looking back that was the prudent thing to do if you asked me.
The "extreme" drought concerns of next to all water districts do not apply to us, we get our water from Hetch Hetchy Reservoir. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the powers came out and shut the shower off anyhow at one point. Things aren't trending in a good direction for sure. https://nwis.waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?cb_00054=on&cb_62614=on&format=gif_default&site_no=11275500&period=&begin_date=2018-04-30&end_date=2021-05-07

At any rate, you can check the area out on the web cams. https://www.parksconservancy.org/parks/park-web-cams
The lower one can be PTZed right to where the showers are at.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: