myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
What happened to the Buoys?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShreddinEd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject: What happened to the Buoys? Reply with quote

Why are all the buoys offline? Also, seems like a lot of the regular sites (Waddell, Long Marine Lab) also have been having problems. What's up?

I thought there was a tech support sub-forum, so forgive this note there's a more appropriate place.
bprice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put in a support ticket on Wednesday at 11am for the Buoy issue. They confirmed the problem and are working on it.
dvCali

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: What happened to the Buoys? Reply with quote

ShreddinEd wrote:
Why are all the buoys offline?

I was wandering about the buoys too. The Farallon buoy is my only real time forecast together with the wind sock on the deck of my house. (Thye work like a charm for westerlies.) It is operated by the National Data Buoy Center and this is what it says:

On 03/09/2021 the NDBC primary processing servers were shut off due to a facilities issue. Station pages on the NDBC website are not updating and there is no ETR at this time. We will update this banner as we learn more.

first time I noticed it happen in 2 decades plus ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: