myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Impeachment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isobars is an uninformed and dishonest idiot. From, Vox, what Trump has said encouraging violence:

Quote:
He told a crowd rallying south of the White House to “walk down to the Capitol,” adding, “You will never take back our country with weakness.”

At Trump’s behest, throngs of his supporters descended on Washington, DC, to dispute the results of the presidential election, climbing the steps of the Capitol and busting through its doors and windows. Throughout the day, Trump continued to falsely claim that the election was stolen without any evidence to support this unreality, further riling up his followers to “take the country back.

In August, he defended a teenage supporter who shot three people at a Black Lives Matter protest. And at the first presidential debate of the 2020 election, the president shocked many viewers when he was given an opportunity to condemn white supremacists, but declined.

In October, he equivocated on condemnation of the domestic terrorists who allegedly planned to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, after Trump had stoked outrage over the state’s pandemic safety measures. He criticized Whitmer when the kidnapping plot was revealed and fished for compliments.

August 11, 2015: Trump indirectly took aim at Black Lives Matter protesters, calling Sen. Bernie Sanders “weak” after Sanders allowed protesters to seize the microphone at a campaign rally. “I thought that was disgusting. That showed such weakness — the way he was taken away by two young women. … They just took the whole place over.”

Trump added, “That will never happen with me. I don’t know if I’ll do the fighting myself or if other people will. But that was a disgrace. … I felt badly for him, but it showed that he’s weak.”

August 19, 2015: Two Boston brothers invoked Trump when they were arrested for urinating on a homeless man and beating him with a metal pipe. While in custody, one of the brothers told the police, “Trump was right. All of these illegals need to be deported.” The 58-year-old Mexican American they assaulted was a permanent US resident.

In response to the news that the Boston assault was inspired by his rhetoric, Trump did not denounce the violence, instead calling his supporters “passionate.” “I think that would be a shame. I will say, the people that are following me are very passionate. They love this country. They want this country to be great again. But they are very passionate. I will say that,” he told reporters the next day.

October 23, 2015: After repeatedly being interrupted by protesters at a campaign rally in Miami, Trump warned he’ll “be a little more violent” next time when addressing protesters. “See, the first group, I was nice. ‘Oh, take your time.’ The second group, I was pretty nice. The third group, I’ll be a little more violent. And the fourth group, I’ll say get the hell out of here!” he said. On video, the pro-immigration protesters could be seen being forcibly dragged out of the campaign event.

RELATED

No, Trump hasn’t been the best president for Black America since Lincoln
November 21, 2015: At a rally in Birmingham, Alabama, Trump demanded the removal of Black activist Mercutio Southall Jr. after he yelled, “Black lives matter!” Onstage, Trump exclaimed, “Get him the hell out of here! Get him out of here! Throw him out!” In a video captured by CNN, Southall fell to the ground as Trump made his statements and white men appeared to kick and punch him.

Of course, the people who chanted "Jews will not replace us", threatened others with guns, and drove a car into the crowd were "good people."

White supremacists never missed the signals.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand, it was members of Donald Trump's family, Eric and Don Jr. in particular, that really whipped up the crowd with incendiary language. Add to the fact that Trump himself repeatedly sold the lie since November that the Democrats fraudulently stole the election.

It's no big surprise that Trump was impeached for a second time for boldly lying and inciting his dangerous followers to storm the Capitol.

Why deny the truth in what happened?
vientomas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what Trump said to the terrorists as the attack was going on:

"We love you. You're very special. You see the way others are treated that are so bad and so evil but go home and go home in peace."

Can you imagine what the reaction would have been if Obama had said to Bin Laden:

"We love you. You're very special. You see the way others are treated that are so bad and so evil but go home and go home in peace."

The Republican Party is a cult devoid of all reason that supports terrorists.
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Donald Trump said to his supporters the day before the storming of the Capitol on Jan. 6th is a moot point. It was everything he said prior to that. mac pointed this out in detail which is quite accurate. Trump knew what mayhem was in store and he said what he did to try and protect himself.

After all, Charles Manson never laid a finger on anyone, but that defense didn't work out too well for him.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We love you
You’re special
Nuff said
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's lots more.

Quote:
During a rally for Montana Republicans ahead of the midterms, Trump praised Rep. Greg Gianforte, who allegedly body slammed a reporter back when he was initially running for his congressional seat in 2017.

"Any guy that can do a body slam, he is my type!" Trump said on Thursday to cheers.

Quote:
Protesters regularly interrupted Trump's rallies during the 2016 presidential campaign -- which he often mentioned in his speeches.

In Cedar Rapids, Iowa, on the day of the Iowa caucuses, for instance, he told audience members he would pay their legal fees if they engaged in violence against protesters.

"If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, OK? Just knock the hell ... I promise you I will pay for the legal fees. I promise, I promise," the future president said on Feb. 1, 2016.

And then there is his lawyer, Rudy the senile, who said

Quote:
Rudy Giuliani, President Donald Trump's personal lawyer, called for "trial by combat" while addressing a mob of pro-Trump supporters in Washington DC, just hours before hundreds of them violently stormed the Capitol on Wednesday.

And his supporters knew what Fat Donny was talking about when he promised things would be wild, and said:

Quote:
"take back our country"
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You clowns should consider reading the actual articles of impeachment rather than just regurgitating the $#!+ you see on ABCNBCCBSMSNBCETC. What little wasn't too vague to even make sense has been disproved by legally admissible evidence sworn to by >400 witnesses.

Hint: "Trump's a two-headed monster, his ugly wife wears combat boots, and I hate their guts" isn't proof of even one high crime or misdemeanor.

I have yet to find any evidence that the speech in question incited a riot at the Capitol Bldg, his speech proves he did just the opposite by requesting peaceful and patriotic assembly, he twice asked when some agitators went wild during the speech that the protestors to go home in peace, and none of you offered any proof to the contrary. Sorry, but the fact remains that neither logic nor an IQ is issued with a Senator's or Representative's election; they have to provide those themselves.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
You clowns should consider reading the actual articles of impeachment rather than just regurgitating the $#!+ you see on ABCNBCCBSMSNBCETC. What little wasn't too vague to even make sense has been disproved by legally admissible evidence sworn to by >400 witnesses.

Hint: "Trump's a two-headed monster, his ugly wife wears combat boots, and I hate their guts" isn't proof of even one high crime or misdemeanor.

I have yet to find any evidence that the speech in question incited a riot at the Capitol Bldg, his speech proves he did just the opposite by requesting peaceful and patriotic assembly, he twice asked when some agitators went wild during the speech that the protestors to go home in peace, and none of you offered any proof to the contrary. Sorry, but the fact remains that neither logic nor an IQ is issued with a Senator's or Representative's election; they have to provide those themselves.

This is what happens when you bathe your brain in Fox news and "plonk" those who disagree with you. The death of information gathering and critical thinking. It is entirely possible that Mikie doesn't know that Trump invited the most vile people in his coterie to come have a "wild time". Of that he is unaware that Trump said "take back our country", and his attorney said "by combat." Or that he thinks those are appeals for peaceful demonstration. Or that he is suffering from worsening dementia.

What is clear is that he will believe the best of the worst people.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

is he still willing to pay for the legal fees to those who commit felony assult?

remeber the days when we would take care of people like that in violence... the good hate days. get um out of here. "knock the crap out of him..."

nw30

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes a picture tells the complete honest story, even more than the crap that comes out of his mouth.
Communisms has become so in vogue lately, I'm feeling sorry for our country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: