myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
If still undecided with 2020 election
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justall

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: If still undecided with 2020 election Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Sorry dude but I'm not buying your take on voter intimadation....complete bullshit and the fact that you ignore the violence and thuggery that is far more frequent from the left is comical.. You also failed to mention an even bigger threat to our democracy, a party who does not accept election results. It started day one when dems chose not to attend Trumps inaguration.

States do allow poll watchers, with rules defined by each US state. The President's frequent encouragement of people to go to/into the polling sites and watch seems to have intimations beyond this, to me. But, if purely for vote monitoring or participation purposes, your call may be correct.

Oh, glad you mentioned violence we have seen on both sides. I absolutely am appalled and stand against violence from either side ... and from moderates, for that matter.

Yes, I do feel we have to accept election results, even if they do not go our way. While concerned at the last inauguration, I was praying for him, that he would provide strong compassionate leadership.

mat-ty wrote:
I do agree that letting Trump lose could be a good thing for the party...Trump loses, we win back Senate seats and House seats in the midterms, and then win in four years(Nikki)

Hmm, interesting thought. I assume you mean Nikki Haley? I have not followed her in detail. By what I have seen, she seemed smart, compassionate, willing to adjust her views when presented with new data, and showed strength by standing up to the president when she thought he was wrong at times. I think she would be much less divisive. Good qualities.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who hasn't decided for whom to vote is either watching only one side of the news, is a raging Marxist, and/or or hasn't read the absolutely frightening Sanders-Biden Unity Manifesto threatened ... er, "issued" ... shamelessly by the Biden campaign. Google the latter and some of the countless discussions of it, and every other election issue pales in comparison. My list posted earlier is just the tip of the iceberg.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isobars grasp of political ideologies, from Marxism to the Proud Boys, is less than rudimentary. Closed mind or dementia? You choose.
vientomas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting for Isoangry to provide a "open borders" qoute. Since he can't, I have to assume his allegation amounts to bovine excrement. Par for the course for Mr. Know It All. Come on Mr. Clavin, prove me wrong!
justall

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to me it unfortunately boils down to this -- Do we Americans want our kids and grandkids to believe that the path to the greatest position in the World, the US Presidency, is through unrestrained arrogance, slander and deceit? I do not, so think we should vote Trump out. As one wise person said it best, we should put an end to baseless, ad hominem attacks; and, I think this should include the behaviors of a US President.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justall, I have never been a member of either party and have voted for both Republicans and Democrats. I did not vote for Trump. However, you started this thread by providing your opinions as a Christian. I am also a Christian, so, in the context of Christianity can I ask you a couple of questions?

- do you support the premise that it is a woman's right to abort her child, for any reason whatsoever, well beyond viability? Kamala Harris does.

- Biden has stated his belief that life begins at conception. He casts himself as a devout Catholic, but, despite the vehement opposition of that church to abortion, actively promotes abortion rights. Do you support a candidate that actively promotes a procedure that he believes results in the the taking a a human life? Is he not making the "show of religion"?

Sometimes we are faced with poor choices. I too dislike Trump's self absorption and arrogance, but doesn't that pale into insignificance when compared to the willingness of a candidate to promote what he believes is a fundamentally evil procedure?

I'm interested to hear your view. Thanks.
vientomas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass the popcorn please.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Justall, I have never been a member of either party and have voted for both Republicans and Democrats. I did not vote for Trump. However, you started this thread by providing your opinions as a Christian. I am also a Christian, so, in the context of Christianity can I ask you a couple of questions?

- do you support the premise that it is a woman's right to abort her child, for any reason whatsoever, well beyond viability? Kamala Harris does.

- Biden has stated his belief that life begins at conception. He casts himself as a devout Catholic, but, despite the vehement opposition of that church to abortion, actively promotes abortion rights. Do you support a candidate that actively promotes a procedure that he believes results in the the taking a a human life? Is he not making the "show of religion"?

Sometimes we are faced with poor choices. I too dislike Trump's self absorption and arrogance, but doesn't that pale into insignificance when compared to the willingness of a candidate to promote what he believes is a fundamentally evil procedure?

I'm interested to hear your view. Thanks.

Utter nonsense. Anyone who actually read Roe v. Wade would know that restrictions on abortion once a fetus is viable was part of the decision.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, Mrgybe may want to double check a bit of Harris's history. As AG of California she got cross wise with the abortion rights activists over her support of allowing a Catholic hospital system to restrict abortions services for a subsidiary hospital.
vientomas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Roe v. Wade the Court said that a fetus is not a person but "potential life," and thus does not have constitutional rights of its own. The Court also set up a framework in which the woman's right to abortion and the state's right to protect potential life shift: during the first trimester of pregnancy, a woman's privacy right is strongest and the state may not regulate abortion for any reason; during the second trimester, the state may regulate abortion only to protect the health of the woman; during the third trimester, the state may regulate or prohibit abortion to promote its interest in the potential life of the fetus, except where abortion is necessary to preserve the woman's life or health.

https://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/human-life-and-dignity/abortion/upload/Summary-of-Roe-v-Wade-and-Other-Key-Abortion-Cases.pdf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: