myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Wildfires and global warming
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter what many people "believe", the facts are that the biggest contribution to emissions reductions in the US have come from the switch to natural gas from coal in power plants..........way more than so-called "green energy". Biden's climate plan will target those natural gas plants for closure. Smart move to give a bartender the job of drafting that plan. As for the "increasing costs of carbon energy"......natural gas prices are now less that half the levels of 2014.
vientomas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
It doesn't matter what many people "believe", the facts are that the biggest contribution to emissions reductions in the US have come from the switch to natural gas from coal in power plants..........way more than so-called "green energy". Biden's climate plan will target those natural gas plants for closure. Smart move to give a bartender the job of drafting that plan. As for the "increasing costs of carbon energy"......natural gas prices are now less that half the levels of 2014.

Are you really that much of an ass that you would condem someone for working to help their family make ends meet?

After graduating from high school, Ocasio-Cortez enrolled at Boston University. Her father died of lung cancer in 2008 during her second year,[24][25] and Ocasio-Cortez became involved in a lengthy probate battle to settle his estate. She has said that the experience helped her learn "firsthand how attorneys appointed by the court to administer an estate can enrich themselves at the expense of the families struggling to make sense of the bureaucracy."[26] During college, Ocasio-Cortez served as an intern for U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy, in his section on foreign affairs and immigration issues.[27] She recalled, "I was the only Spanish speaker, and as a result, as basically a kid—a 19-, 20-year-old kid—whenever a frantic call would come into the office because someone is looking for their husband because they have been snatched off the street by ICE, I was the one that had to pick up that phone. I was the one that had to help that person navigate that system."[27] Ocasio-Cortez graduated cum laude from Boston University in 2011 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in both international relations and economics.[8][23][28][29][30]

After college, Ocasio-Cortez moved back to the Bronx and took a job as a bartender and waitress to help her mother—a house cleaner and school bus driver—fight foreclosure of their home.[31][32]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandria_Ocasio-Cortez

Last edited by vientomas on Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
mac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dismissing an elected official as a bartender—another in a series of misogynistic comments by conservatives—and cherrypicking are what we have come to expect from gybe. From this interesting source on energy use and trends, I’ll include a graph that shows the reduced energy consumption required to produce a unit of GDP, and a chart showing the deaths caused by carbon fuels, which do not reflect climate change. If you look into the source you can see how paltry investments—lower by the US than by China—have dropped the cost of solar production. https://ourworldindata.org/energy
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me see now. I graduate college cum laude, and I want work to support my struggling family. My choices are a) find a high paying job which leverages my degree, my bi-lingual skills and my minority status, or b) work in a bar for years making a fraction of my potential earnings and putting a huge red flag on my resume for any future employment opportunities (apart from those presented by voters who would vote for a tea cup if it had a "D" next to it).

Hmmm........which choice would be best for my family and demonstrate that my judgement can be trusted?
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

California is nothing compared to this constant problem.
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/147075/a-new-tool-for-tracking-amazon-fires
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or this problem, 80 times the size of Californias 2019 fires.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/australia-wildfire-bushfire-size-2020-n1112006

No global warming here folks.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me see now, I made a lot of money defending the oil industry, and they’re under attack for their role in climate change that has the west on fire. What can I post to divert from the blood on my hands?
vientomas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Let me see now. I graduate college cum laude, and I want work to support my struggling family. My choices are a) find a high paying job which leverages my degree, my bi-lingual skills and my minority status, or b) work in a bar for years making a fraction of my potential earnings and putting a huge red flag on my resume for any future employment opportunities (apart from those presented by voters who would vote for a tea cup if it had a "D" next to it).

Hmmm........which choice would be best for my family and demonstrate that my judgement can be trusted?

Let's see now...you presume to know all of the facts and circumstances surrounding the circumstances which contributed to her decision. How novel of you to be so presumptious and to project your ideals upon her. Is that a vestigage of your colonialist heritage?
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, mrgybe degrading a strong and empowered woman, flaws and all, anyone surprised?

Misogyny defined. I bet mrgybe still has his girlie magazines hidden in the garage.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that if I spent 16 years working for one of the worst polluters in California.......an organization whose emissions record was so appalling during my tenure, that the local community filed a Civil Rights suit, claiming a complete disregard for the health of the largely minority local community........I would be disinclined to be constantly shouting baseless accusations at others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 2 of 24

Jump to: