myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Biden 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
It’s wrong in my view to suggest that infrastructure spending is narrowly defined by roads/bridges/and concrete etc, etc

I'm not going to waste time debating definitions with you........I'm well aware of what most people would consider infrastructure and the use of that term to describe this bill is, to put it mildly, deceptive. However, you and others here touted Biden as a moderate, bi-partisan consensus builder. Yet, in his first 3 months, he has proposed $6 trillion......that's trillion.......spending and has been setting records with executive orders. He has also turned sharply left when compared to his first half century in politics. Are you OK with getting something that is so radically different than the man that was advertised during his campaign?
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s funny how he subconsciously lifts the term “radical” from the thousands of hours of Fox News he is absorbing. Just insert the term “leftists before radical and you can get a guest spot on Hannity. He takes anyone.

As I recall, Biden campaigned to shut down the wall, spend money for covid relief and spend money on infrastructure. He promised to spend money. He also promised to pay his bills. To tax the very wealthy and tax large corporations to pay for it all.

You know how Wall Street responded to this dire news? A Wall Street that looks out years ahead? It’s on a terror not seen since FDR. It’s radical.
wsurfer

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you ignore infrastructure for decades, marginalize and disenfranchise the middle class for decades, allow Wall St. lobbyists to convince everyone that the shareholder is the most important part of society and that corporations are persons then yes it does take Trillions to begin to remedy.

Look here brother, who you jivin' with that cosmik debris?
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as working with republicans, he is. H’e not tweeting 30 times a day for their destruction. He’s not calling them seditious right wing, treasonous, radical, gun nut, militia, white nationalists fuckheads that they are. He’s not calling for their heads on national TV.

He is fist pumping his friends from the other side. Trying to bring back some respect to the office. Thats called working after a low life like Trump.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
It’s wrong in my view to suggest that infrastructure spending is narrowly defined by roads/bridges/and concrete etc, etc

I'm not going to waste time debating definitions with you........I'm well aware of what most people would consider infrastructure and the use of that term to describe this bill is, to put it mildly, deceptive. However, you and others here touted Biden as a moderate, bi-partisan consensus builder. Yet, in his first 3 months, he has proposed $6 trillion......that's trillion.......spending and has been setting records with executive orders. He has also turned sharply left when compared to his first half century in politics. Are you OK with getting something that is so radically different than the man that was advertised during his campaign?

Before I answer, could you outline Biden plans that would land him in the "sharply left" camp?
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggsy, I'm not playing that game. If you are not concerned by the direction Biden is heading, you should be.
mac

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I say that mrddt would not contribute to an adult discussion? Nailed that one.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never hang my hat on Republican predictions, especially these days. The folks that do are fools.
mac

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is sadly missing from the righties here is any semblance of a coherent argument on infrastructure. One rants about $6 trillion in proposed spending--ignoring the time frame and the fact that it is an investment. For comparisons sake, the out-of-the box estimates for the Trump tax cuts was $2.3 trillion over a decade. Nobody will actually engage the question of what we should do to compete with China--perhaps they still on believe in tariffs and the infallibility of the pope?

The Biden proposal for infrastructure, which is actually what is currently on the table, is for $1.9 trillion. Building out those projects, in my experience, will involve a decade of work--and infrastructure that will last 40 to 80 years. Less than the Trump tax cuts and more able to stimulate the economy. For a factual basis, one might compare GDP growth during the last three years of the Obama administration--2.4%, with that during the first three years of the Trump administration--2.5%. I think it is fair to leave out the recessions that they didn't cause, and I'll generously ignore the fact that Trump's incompetent response to Covid made it much worse. MrDDT certainly doesn't want to debate infrastructure on that ground.

One can make legitimate complaints about how well targeted the various relieve bills have been--from the stimulus in 2009 through the 2021 Covid relief that Republicans refused to vote for. Yet one should not ignore the simple political reality that refusing to engage, which has consistently been McConnell's approach, means that the result is an exercise of raw political power--and less appealing because of that. From blocking Garland on.

So nobody on the right here, or in Congress, will make an effort to define what exactly we need to invest in our infrastructure to compete with China. Not surprising.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Boggsy, I'm not playing that game. If you are not concerned by the direction Biden is heading, you should be.

Ha Ha
Simply honest question , and for you , it’s a “game”.. You can now return to your regularly scheduled programming .. I must say it’s off the top hilarious seeing faux deficit chicken hawks , who are suddenly struck by a bout of fiscal frugality ... freakin hilarious ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 78 of 106

Jump to: