myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Biden 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My greatest fear of the new administration changed just last night. Kamala and AOC want us to reduce or cease our beef consumption, probably switching us to beef substitutes, so we tried Beyond Beef yesterday. Two conclusions:
1. It needs an L ... right in the center of the second word. My wife is an outstanding cook, but no matter how we seasoned it this horrible excrement tasted at least as bad as a liver and licorice hockey puck might taste. Even at 50/50 ketchup it was still inedible.

2. Its texture struck us as a very lightly blended cattle hoof and gristle smoothie ... call it a gristle "roughie" and tell Kamala where to put the food executive orders she has threatened. A well-marbled ribeye cap with butter on it is on the opposite of the taste scale, far more healthy, and goes down like creme brulee.

Don't mess with my food, you freaks.

mac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can’t invent irony like this. A man suffering from cancer touts the benefits of eating steak, while displaying his rage and paranoia.

Laugh of the day.
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
You can’t invent irony like this. A man suffering from cancer touts the benefits of eating steak, while displaying his rage and paranoia.

Laugh of the day.
Heartless P.O.S. all just over politics.
What a worthless swamp bottom feeder.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the flailing is good entertainment for sure. I love Beyond Burgers and the stock price would disagree with the great ISO..
vientomas

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isoparanoid. I challenge him to provide evidence of the "meaty" executive orders threat.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
mac wrote:

Laugh of the day.

Just for you NW. This is called cognitive dissonance.

Quote:
J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr
. 1992;(12):79-85.
Cancers associated with high-fat diets
C La Vecchia 1
Affiliations expand
PMID: 1616815
Abstract
The association between fat intake and several common cancers, eg, those of the colorectum, breast, endometrium, ovary, and prostate, received its strongest support from correlation studies on populations. On an international scale, strong direct correlations were observed between fat intake and incidence or mortality from these neoplasms; several correlations were also observed on a national level and persisted after allowance for major identified covariates. Further support came from the observation of change in rates in migrant groups. This association, however, has been described as being weak in individuals as opposed to populations. Briefly, diets high in fat (and meat) have been associated with high risk of colorectal cancer in several case-control studies, with saturated fat being specifically implicated.
isobans

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certified videos prove that mac, Chandler, vientocaliente, Dean, Obama, Billy Graham, Mother Theresa, Kamala Harris, and Joe Biden gleefully eat/ate deep-fried fried human babies for breakfast. No one has ever SEEN those videos, but by golly they exist

- iso 2020
vientomas

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobans wrote:

Certified videos prove that mac, Chandler, vientocaliente, Dean, Obama, Billy Graham, Mother Theresa, Kamala Harris, and Joe Biden gleefully eat/ate deep-fried fried human babies for breakfast. No one has ever SEEN those videos, but by golly they exist

- iso 2020

Now now, I've said this before, I prefer my human babies baked as they are much healthier than fried human babies.

BTW, if you are what you eat, Trump must subsist on a diet entirely of human babies.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars is hardly a man of taste slathering his food with ketchup.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made this mess, so I’ll clean it up:

nw30 wrote:
mac wrote:
You can’t invent irony like this. A man suffering from cancer touts the benefits of eating steak.[/b]

mac’s comment didn’t bother me. My cancer is a fact of life I’m dealing with openly, usually in the hopes of persuading other men to check their PSA and question the hell out of their doctors. If I were uptight about it I’d never have let on to it, but it's just biology. I’m just not as convinced as he is that occasional red meat, COOKED PROPERLY, is carcinogenic, and the whole sat fat phobia came from one proven liar in the 1960s and has been contradicted by science ever since he published it.

As for mac’s single abstract, I’ve cited 100 to 500 (don't recall which) published peer-reviewed studies here blowing the whole sat fat BS completely out of the water. The smartest integrative oncologist I know agreed with my literature research conclusion that the red meat scare is highly overblown and misrepresented.

boggsman1 wrote:
I love Beyond Burgers

And some people like liver, licorice, wine, Greek yogurt, sauerkraut, blue cheese, dill pickles, and a host of other things I can’t stand. NONE of us wants the government to mandate or restrict our food choices, even though many of them cripple or kill us years to decades ahead of our time.

vientomas wrote:
Isoparanoid. I challenge him to provide evidence of the "meaty" executive orders threat.

Endless speeches, public proclamations, written and verbal campaign statements, and more of Harris threatening to use EOs* and/or regulations (EPA, cowfarts, global warming and all that) to at least curtail** meat consumption. Global warming freak … er, czar … AOC is even more outspoken and crazy about it. AOC can’t sign EOS, but if she is formally appointed some sort of czar or another as Biden has stated, she can sure as hell have the EPA regulate damned near any agriculture practices she wants. C’m ON, man … do you SERIOUSLY watch only CNN and Facebook?

* I realize that a VEEP can’t issue an EO, but she can surely tell the White House figurehead to choose between rubberstamping them and being declared a blithering idiot under Article 25. That’s obviously been their plan all along, hasn’t it?

** Who doubts that the far left's (including Biden's chosen gun czar, O'Rourke) ultimate goal is to shove the Second Amendment up our collective rear end, that "curtail" (and "buy back under the force of law") are pre-election-speak for "eliminate" (and use armed force when necessary)?

swchandler wrote:
isobars is hardly a man of taste slathering his food with ketchup.

When trying to eat dog crap, what do you slather on it to cover up the taste? We tried ketchup, maple/bacon syrup, BBQ sauce, a variety of spices, red and green salsa, and cheese on subsequent spoonfuls of the stuff before pronouncing it inedible in any form … and my wife eats frigging Brussels sprouts. What did we miss?

I was gonna try Impossible Burger, but its first ingredient borders on toxic according to many nutrition sources.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 69 of 106

Jump to: