myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Antifa
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vientomas

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassman wrote:
Useful idiots of the left;

Gullible voter.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BY ELLEN URBANI AUGUST 6, 2020 6:48 AM EDT
Urbani is the author of Landfall and When I Was Elena
Our president wants you to believe I am a terrorist, a professional agitator stalking the Pacific Northwest.

Four days before federal agents shoot me in Portland, Ore., I riffle through the garage, shooing spiders from my son’s snowboarding helmet. Will it buckle beneath a steel baton? I press my daughter’s swim goggles to my face, testing the fit. Can they repel tear gas? I run my hands over my husband’s life jacket. Can it stop a bullet?

I don’t yet realize how many other moms are slipping oven mitts into backpacks (to minimize burns when tossing aside flaming grenades and tear-gas canisters), how many dads are hoisting leaf blowers from sheds (to clear tear gas), how many teens are gathering plastic toboggans to shield themselves from officers in combat fatigues aiming stun-grenade launchers through temporary fencing around the federal courthouse. This is what happens when you rattle the barricade that policymakers hide behind, screaming “Black lives matter,” protesting for 60-plus nights the brutal tactics officers use to kill Black men on camera and Black women in beds.

The night I am shot, the sky shimmers with a leftover Fourth of July firework lit by a privileged son whose college closed in the spring. He is here because Black lives matter to him but also because he senses the video game he now plays nightly has sprung to life and he won’t be left out. That boy is pretext, he and his friends tossing plastic water bottles at stone walls, justification for an elite force to quell a gathering of Black people and their allies at the door of the same courthouse where four years earlier the white militiamen who led an armed takeover of another federal building in Oregon were acquitted of any wrongdoing in a 41-day siege.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it too much to ask of the lefties WHY scores to hundreds of mayors and many governors overtly allow, deny, and/or even ENCOURAGE months of widespread arson, destruction, violent and sometimes deadly assaults on cops and businesses and bystanders and the press, barrages of commercial explosives and rocks, laser weapons (ever see a green laser in operation?), permanent ruination of small businesses, bull-horned incitation of full-scale riots and the murder of cops and white people, and so much more?

I flat-out do not understand tacit, let alone overt, tolerance of this and more.
vientomas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Is it too much to ask of the lefties WHY scores to hundreds of mayors and many governors overtly allow, deny, and/or even ENCOURAGE months of widespread arson, destruction, violent and sometimes deadly assaults on cops and businesses and bystanders and the press, barrages of commercial explosives and rocks, laser weapons (ever see a green laser in operation?), permanent ruination of small businesses, bull-horned incitation of full-scale riots and the murder of cops and white people, and so much more?

I flat-out do not understand tacit, let alone overt, tolerance of this and more.

Is it too much to ask of Isoangry to provide even a single citation to support his screed?
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hundreds of cops injured, some cops and shop owners killed and/or crippled for life, scores of large and small businesses destroyed, unopposed open warfare for months now, and you're making jokes about it?

Maybe that explains the left's attitude across the board. How about it, lefties? Speak up; it's mostly (maybe all) your mayors and governors allowing this very explicitly, and at least some of your constituents think it's funny.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Is it too much to ask of the lefties WHY scores to hundreds of mayors and many governors overtly allow, deny, and/or even ENCOURAGE months of widespread arson, destruction, violent and sometimes deadly assaults on cops and businesses and bystanders and the press, barrages of commercial explosives and rocks, laser weapons (ever see a green laser in operation?), permanent ruination of small businesses, bull-horned incitation of full-scale riots and the murder of cops and white people, and so much more?"

You know, I flat-out do not understand the need for such a bent and tortured run-on sentence. It's far beyond normal. Really, the created and imaginary right wing idea of Antifa is hardly anything to really get worried about.

Yet, when it comes to off-the-wall extreme right wing groups, Rep. Jim Jordan has claimed today not to have a real clue about QAnon, and he could really care less. Yet, at the same time, he's a very vocal supporter of Marjorie Taylor Greene's run for the House of Representatives in Georgia.

I wonder what isobars thinks about QAnon, and its goals and efforts.

Last edited by swchandler on Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
vientomas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Hundreds of cops injured, some cops and shop owners killed and/or crippled for life, scores of large and small businesses destroyed, unopposed open warfare for months now, and you're making jokes about it?

Maybe that explains the left's attitude across the board. How about it, lefties? Speak up; it's mostly (maybe all) your mayors and governors allowing this very explicitly, and at least some of your constituents think it's funny.

Asking you to support your screed with evidence is not a joke. Maybe that explains the right's attitude: "If you say it, it must be true. The Right fabricates facts to support their agenda. True facts be damned."

You want a joke? Look in the mirror.

Oh, BTW, rockin 3.2 sess at the Hatch today. Really sweet swell. Did the wind make it out to Patterson?
isobans

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OF COURSE it's the woman's right to choose ... WHETHER TO SPREAD HER LEGS. Beyond that point biology takes over. Neither she nor Obama has the right to let a viable newborn die on the slab just because Mommy Dearest no longer wants it.

And even though I was born and raised in rural Alabama in the '40s, '50s and '60s, including finishing high school in Montgomery in 1961, I haven't been back there in decades. In just one year in Montgomery and a trip through it a few years later, I personally saw a nighttime KKK march through a neighborhood, MLK's subsequent march into Montgomery from Selma, and Negroes/colored people (those were the preferred term for them back then) forcing whites off the downtown sidewalks on a daily basis. But Rebel flags? Very rare back then.

iso 2020
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
isobars wrote:

Asking you to support your screed with evidence is not a joke. Maybe that explains the right's attitude: "If you say it, it must be true. The Right fabricates facts to support their agenda. True facts be damned."

You want a joke? Look in the mirror.

Oh, BTW, rockin 3.2 sess at the Hatch today. Really sweet swell. Did the wind make it out to Patterson?

Yeah. I was there. Best Hatch day in a long time for me. I have some post surgery and taking care of dying parent excess weight on me so I fought it out on a depowered 4.2. Pretty sweet swells!
wsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's good people on both sides!

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/portland-police-far-right-proud-boys-094500346.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: