myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
prove me wrong.... coronavirus is not airborne
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 70, 71, 72  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg wrote:
Common sense is a vague term that cannot stand on its own as it has no foundation. Common sense is like an amoeba with no defined footing so it cannot be peer reviewed, researched or disputed because it is meaningless.

Your attempt to categorize Blacks as “hard-wired” for “street smarts” is revealing. Not that you are racist; just that you have had very little interaction with Blacks.

I have many years of coaching experience with Black athletes and their parents & they are just as diverse as any other racial group. The immigrant Black’s (most of my immigrant students have been from Nigeria) are very different culturally from the poorer, generally single parent impoverished Black student’s as are the Black students who come from highly educated professionals, what you call libtards. Their cultural & economic background shapes their behavior, not their race. Some are grounded in “street smarts”, some are in dire need of attention, some in need of discipline and some are the most respectful students I have ever coached.

Coachg

[quote="coachg"]

Thanks

Last edited by MikeLaRonde on Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:36 am; edited 4 times in total
mac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mlaronde"]
coachg wrote:
Common sense is a vague term that cannot stand on its own as it has no foundation. Common sense is like an amoeba with no defined footing so it cannot be peer reviewed, researched or disputed because it is meaningless.

Your attempt to categorize Blacks as “hard-wired” for “street smarts” is revealing. Not that you are racist; just that you have had very little interaction with Blacks.

I have many years of coaching experience with Black athletes and their parents & they are just as diverse as any other racial group. The immigrant Black’s (most of my immigrant students have been from Nigeria) are very different culturally from the poorer, generally single parent impoverished Black student’s as are the Black students who come from highly educated professionals, what you call libtards. Their cultural & economic background shapes their behavior, not their race. Some are grounded in “street smarts”, some are in dire need of attention, some in need of discipline and some are the most respectful students I have ever coached.

Coachg

coachg wrote:

Hi CoachG, and thank you very much for replying.

I very much appreciate your point of view, but I wonder how it compares to most of America. I noticed that most of the, um, "educated" viewpoints here stem from some very privileged CA /west coast communities, where (I'm guessing) the Black youth is really out of their element.

I mostly grew up in a tough neighborhood in Boston. The Blacks in my youth were already/still a minority, but often dominant nonetheless. They were usually feared by all the white kids. They had sort of an "animal" instinct. They could take your lunch box without even beating you up! Just by getting inside your head. Sorry folks, that is street smarts executed to perfection by a 9-year old child.

Later in life, when I got to well know a few Black American citizens, I could understand them in a bit more detail. They proved to be some of the most down-to Earth and righteous people I've known. The common ground was that they didn't take sh_t from anyone, and were not easily fooled.

Enough already. It is your downplay of "common sense" that I find completely repulsive. Like it or not, it stands on its own.

This is how a white bigot tries to explain that he is not really a racist. By repeated racist tropes. Like repeating anti-Semitic Tropes about Soros. Clueless in Boston suburb.
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by MikeLaRonde on Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"So many keep questioning the messenger, and ignoring the message. This may prove to be tragic. It's also another head-scratcher. Why must an independent reporter or researcher be subject to such scrutiny, while the bought and paid for "mainstream" media always get a free pass?"

The idea the that the messenger and the messages should, or must be separated isn't really a credible argument. One builds a reputation over time in many ways, and history always matters.

Speaking for myself, I don't buy the negative mainstream media message coming from the right. Most of the folks regularly writing opinions for respected news media in this country have long records that their reputations are based on, and that includes writers both on the right and the left.

What I find quite notable over the last 4 to 5 years is the number of respected conservative opinion writers have turned on and divorced themselves from the more radical characters on the right. Why is that, and who really cares about conservative values? I don't know about you, but I'm not fooled by what's being manufactured and crafted through very dubious internet sources.
techno900

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlaronde wrote:
swchandler wrote:
mlaronde,

After looking over your two sites, I can clearly see where you are coming from on vaccinations.

I have to say though, I checked out Chananya Weissman a bit after reading her craft on vaccinations. You have to note some of the other far right things that she's in to. There is a good bit of bending and twisting going on in her world, and it's in the wrong places.

So many keep questioning the messenger, and ignoring the message. This may prove to be tragic. It's also another head-scratcher. Why must an independent reporter or researcher be subject to such scrutiny, while the bought and paid for "mainstream" media always get a free pass?

Hasn't anyone noticed that a ridiculous percentage of TV ads are now from pharmaceuticals? Is it so crazy to conclude that "big pharma" now owns the MSM?

I thought this link was particularly useful because it is practically 100% common sense based. Common sense stands on its own; it does not require peer review, research, or indisputable proof.

This argument is my favorite from the list (of reasons to not get the "vaccine"):
Quote:

13. There is an intense propaganda campaign for people to take this treatment. Politicians and celebrities are taking selfies of themselves getting injected (perhaps in some cases pretending to get injected), the media is hyping this as the coolest, smartest, most happy and fun thing to do. It is the most widespread marketing campaign in history. This is not at all appropriate for any medical treatment, let alone a brand new one, and it makes me recoil.

This is totally worth re-posting, since the, um, regulars here managed to bury it last time:
https://www.chananyaweissman.com/article.php?id=263

I totally get your point and understand your skepticism, but the Covid crisis is unique and the world's attempt to gain control of the virus does in many ways, justify the push for everyone to get vaccinated. When the vaccine first was announced, I said that I would not be first in line and would wait a bit to see how the story played out. However, as infections and deaths mounted, especially in the older population (I am 75), I decided the risk was justified and got both my Pfizer shots in Jan./Feb. Zero issues and I am not concerned in the slightest regarding my decision (my wife too). Life is beginning to return to normal.

My concern with those that choose to not get vaccinated is that they will likely propagate the continued spread of the virus and lengthen the time that it takes the world to reach heard immunity.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on Techno. This is a worldwide pandemic. According to worldometers.info there have been 131 million cases and more than 2.8 million deaths. Yesterday there were more than 637,000 new cases in the world and 70,000 in the US. Suppression efforts, which involve more than vaccination, have stopped the geometric progression—in the US. Bur the US numbers are steady at 60-70,000 new cases a day, with a death rate over 1.5%. This is not as devastating as the 1918 pandemic, or smallpox or the plague, or probably retroviruses that show up in our DNA. It won’t depopulate the earth, or change the course of evolution. But perhaps 400,000 people have died in the US that would not have died if our response had been wiser.

Without vaccination—which needs to occur worldwide—the virus will continue to mutate. It could get less deadly, less transmissible, or worse. I want to bet on science, not chance.
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a recent peer reviewed science thatis interesting to read how they do not put a definitive to if it is airborne. Only give a probability which could be non-airborne as much as it is. Again the bullet trains in china to me prove to a high degree of certainty since the it was done before mask wearing, and you breath forward and hench should have seen a greater probability of catching covid if airborne. But sitting next to an infected person average time 3.6 percent but if in front 1.8 percent in a 2 hour average timeframe.

Also they referenced a study before masks in a ship, that determined it was absolutely not passed on by the ships ventilation system. https://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/doi/10.1289/EHP7886

Quantitative Microbial Risk Assessment for Airborne Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 via Breathing, Speaking, Singing, Coughing, and Sneezing

the cruise ship
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.09.20059113v1

Transmission routes of Covid-19 virus in the Diamond Princess Cruise ship

mac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is clearly not over. Spreading rapidly in some places, and mask mandates becoming less common. Here from today’s SF Chronicle is the number of cases per 100,000 over the past seven days:

Florida 164
South Dakota 157
Colorado 148.7
North Dakota 144.5
Alaska 129.9
Nebraska 124.4
Iowa 120.3
Idaho 110.9
Tennessee 107.6
South Carolina 107.5
Indiana 95.8
Utah 90.7
Montana 82.9
Wyoming 73.1
Missouri 68.6
Texas 61.1
Alabama 54.6
Arizona 54.4
Kansas 49.6
Mississippi 49.6
Oklahoma 46.9
California 44
Arkansas 40.5

Of these states, only Colorado, Georgia, Arizona and California have Democratic governors. Now we know that the GOP was serious about death panels.
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mlaronde"]
mac wrote:
mlaronde wrote:
coachg wrote:

Coachg

coachg wrote:

Hi CoachG, and thank you very much for replying.

I very much appreciate your point of view, but I wonder how it compares to most of America. I noticed that most of the, um, "educated" viewpoints here stem from some very privileged CA /west coast communities, where (I'm guessing) the Black youth is really out of their element.

I mostly grew up in a tough neighborhood in Boston. The Blacks in my youth were already/still a minority, but often dominant nonetheless. They were usually feared by all the white kids. They had sort of an "animal" instinct. They could take your lunch box without even beating you up! Just by getting inside your head. Sorry folks, that is street smarts executed to perfection by a 9-year old child.

Later in life, when I got to well know a few Black American citizens, I could understand them in a bit more detail. They proved to be some of the most down-to Earth and righteous people I've known. The common ground was that they didn't take sh_t from anyone, and were not easily fooled.

This is how a white bigot tries to explain that he is not really a racist. By repeated racist tropes. Like repeating anti-Semitic Tropes about Soros. Clueless in Boston suburb.

Det. macLibtard somehow knows I used to live in Dedham (borders Boston to SW). Bravo. My family moved there around 1980. The neighborhood I'm reminiscing is Jamaica Plain, near Forest Hills. Most of JP is much different than it was 50 years ago. Now it's mostly upscale, and decidedly liberal.

Man, forget the old fatface Soros. I only mentioned him as an example of a Globalist. Maybe he's a big stakeholder, probably he is. Who cares if he is or he isn't, and what is his religion.

Who needs him when you have the mother of all billionaire psychopaths, Bill Gates, ALL IN, with the controlling stake in all the players from Geneva and Davos: WHO, WEF, and GAVI
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miaronde,

While we're beginning to find out some of notable folks in news that you don't like too much, who are the notable folks that you really like and respect? To keeps things on track, we can keep it about vaccinations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 50 of 72

Jump to: