myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
prove me wrong.... coronavirus is not airborne
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70, 71, 72  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-lingers-rooms-toilets-disinfectants-kill-082856656.html

Coronavirus lingers in rooms and toilets but disinfectants kill it

Quote:
Despite this disparity, the patient whose room was sampled before cleaning contaminated 13 of 15 room sites tested, including a chair, the bed rail, a glass window, the floor, and light switches.

Three of the five toilet sites were also contaminated, including the sink, door handle and toilet bowl -- more evidence that stool can be a route of transmission.

Air samples tested negative, but swabs taken from air exhaust outlets were positive -- which suggests that virus-laden droplets may be carried by air flows and deposited on vents.

The two rooms that were tested after cleaning had no positive results.

plus,
door knobs, keyboards and mice, light switches, refrigerator handles, soap dispensers, sinks, railings, window, elevator buttons, shopping carts, toilet handles, faucets, phones, cutting boards, escalator railings

https://newatlas.com/lg-handrail-sterilizer-escalator/50515/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=f803895a5b-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-f803895a5b-90245106

https://aricjournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13756-019-0569-4
Evaluation of the virucidal efficacy of disinfectant wipes with a test method simulating practical conditions

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/7706239_The_occurrence_of_influenza_A_virus_on_household_and_day_care_center_fomites
The occurrence of H1N1 and seasonal influenza A virus on household and day care center fomites

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fomite

Last edited by real-human on Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
real-human

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.ajicjournal.org/article/S0196-6553(18)30735-1/fulltext

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16038759/

Microbial transmission in an outpatient clinic and impact of an intervention with an ethanol-based disinfectant

Quote:
Conclusions
Microbes spread quickly in an outpatient clinic, reaching maximum contamination levels 2 hours after inoculation, with the highest contamination on examination room door handles and nurses’ station chairs. This study emphasizes the importance of targeted disinfection of high-touch surfaces.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16038759/
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40726-019-00123-6
Biology and Pollution (G O’Mullan and R Boopathy, Section Editors)
Open Access
Published: 31 August 2019
Microbial Exchange via Fomites and Implications for Human Health

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0027932

Survival of Influenza A(H1N1) on Materials Found in Households: Implications for Infection Control

Quote:
In conclusion, testing two H1N1 strains of influenza A (one of which was a 2009 pandemic virus) demonstrates that in an environment that is consistent with indoor domestic settings in temperate zones, virus deposited onto the touched environment is likely to survive up to a few hours, though rarely more than nine hours, on the vast majority of surfaces. Metallic and non-metallic non-porous materials pose the greatest risk and should be targeted for frequent cleaning if situated in close proximity to patients infected with influenza virus; fortunately the latter are also more conducive to surface cleaning with a wide variety of simple cleaning agents [12]. Whilst our data suggest that the risk of virus transmission might last several hours after deposition, we generated very little data suggesting that appreciable amounts of virus survived much beyond nine hours. This probably means that frequently touched environments such as classrooms, offices and living rooms, which are then left unoccupied overnight, will not contain much viable virus on surfaces by the next morning. Nevertheless, the data still support frequent cleaning of commonly touched items and surfaces throughout the working day, particularly when symptomatic persons are present, for example in physician waiting rooms. In terms of cleaning regimens, one critically important consideration is that survival of virus in high titres for prolonged periods is not necessary for fomite transmission if surfaces are frequently re-inoculated (e.g. by toddlers). However the contribution of such indirect transmission relative to respiratory droplets directly from one person to another or relative to aerosol transmission remains unknown.

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/features/beware-of-workplace-germs#1

Beware of Workplace Germs

Quote:
You collect more than a paycheck at work: Every time you touch your desk, keyboard, or telephone, you pick up germs. More than 10 million bacteria are on a typical office desk -- 400 times more bacteria than found on the average toilet seat -- which means that typing an email or making a call puts you at risk for illnesses.

The reason is pretty simple. "We touch a lot of different surfaces that hundreds of others might be touching," says Kelly Reynolds PhD, a professor and environmental microbiologist at the University of Arizona. "Germs spread quickly."

Even when professional cleaners do their best, germs linger. Bacteria counts are lowest at the beginning of the workday (because offices are often cleaned overnight), but it doesn't take long for germs to show up for work, too.

"As the day ramps up and more people touch more surfaces, the risk of coming in contact with bacteria goes up. Contamination levels reach their peak around lunch," Reynolds says.

CONTINUE READING BELOW
In one study, researchers asked volunteers to be artificially inoculated with a benign virus to test how fast it would spread. They found that "infected" co-workers spread the virus to 50% of workplace surfaces within 4 hours of arriving at work; thanks to shared contact with those surfaces, half of their co-workers also tested positive for the viruses.

To keep germs in check and avoid illness, clean your workspace. Wipe down your desktop, monitor, keyboard, computer mouse, and phone at least once a day -- but skip soap and water and opt for something stronger.

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is my analysis one is outdoors vs indoors. One is touching seats to get to your seat and one is not any cross contact. numbers going up in the states that relaxed. I am betting the outdoor protests will not be a big jump in cases because it is contact. I do hope they were washing their hands somehow still. In the trump potential spread at rallies if they have extra hand washing facilities we should not see a huge jump.

If there are not significant outbreaks from protests will the medical establishment then realize it is contact.

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ahve said from the get go the cruise ships  are not airborne with the slot machines and the buffet issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGQEuuv9R6E

Black Light Experiment Shows How Quickly COVID-19 Can Spread | NowThi  

Quote:
This black light experiment shows how easily a virus like the coronavirus can spread in public.

https://www.businessinsider.com/video-japan-nhk-uv-light-how-virus-spread-restaurant-2020-5?r=MX&IR=T  

A video with UV light shows just how far a virus can spread between 10 people at a buffet  

Quote:
A popular video in Japan released May 8 shows how quickly a virus can spread among restaurant diners.
The Japanese state broadcaster NHK gathered 10 volunteers to eat as normal in a simulated buffet environment.
One person was chosen to be carrying the virus, and fluorescent paint was put on the person's hand to represent it.
The 10 people were then left for 30 minutes to get food from the buffet, sit down together, and eat.
Ultraviolet light was then used to lay bare how the paint had spread. Scroll down to watch the video.
All nine other people, table surfaces, glassware, and serving utensils bore traces of the paint within minutes, NHK said.
Three people had traces of the paint on their faces.
Hiroyuki Kunishima, of the St. Marianna University School of Medicine, told NHK that a "high-touch surface" like tongs or container lids were "harboring danger."
Two health experts told CNN the lesson to learn was that regular handwashing is key to stopping a virus from spreading.

GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep updating us with research Dean. Like most, I'm sick of endless opinion pieces. Give us the latest facts, and we can act accordingly.

There is no necessity for me to be indoors with others, except for the weekly supermarket shopping, so I call first thing (7.30) on a monday morning when it's practically empty, except for the shielded staff. The rest of the time I'm outdoors where distancing is easy and fully effective. In view of what we now think we know about transmitting this virus. (Your previous post.)I no longer bother with a face mask. If the virus is spread mainly by touch. (Infected surfaces handled by many others), It no longer seems right to picture wafting clouds of the virus ballooning out of peoples mouths, infecting everyone, especially with the proper distancing rules.

It would seem more important to wear rubber gloves whenever we have to handle anything frequently handled by others. (Petrol pumps, door knobs, money, and so on.) The only chance I think I'm taking is to unpack and handle the shopping at home. (Plastic packaging, boxes, wrappers etc.) But if you are right the risk should be minimal, i.e. just a 'few' virus particles. In which case the immune system, properly fortified by sunshine, vitamin D, and very very vigourous exercise, should work! (I hope.)
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that social distancing, wearing gloves, and washing your hands are all more important than a mask for personal protection. But masks give a small increase in personal protection, even if you have a beard. And the best research shows that they are important to prevent the spread of the disease from those infected, particularly those without symptoms.

We’re now engaged in a massive experiment in multiple states as to the effects of ignoring social distancing and masks. I’m sure that the stooges will ignore all evidence gleaned from that experiment.

https://www.routefifty.com/health-human-services/2020/06/politicians-shunt-aside-public-health-officials/166242/
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
I agree that social distancing, wearing gloves, and washing your hands are all more important than a mask for personal protection. But masks give a small increase in personal protection, even if you have a beard. And the best research shows that they are important to prevent the spread of the disease from those infected, particularly those without symptoms.

We’re now engaged in a massive experiment in multiple states as to the effects of ignoring social distancing and masks. I’m sure that the stooges will ignore all evidence gleaned from that experiment.

https://www.routefifty.com/health-human-services/2020/06/politicians-shunt-aside-public-health-officials/166242/

No surprise here from your posted article. Health officials are only concerned about the virus spreading and if they were in total control, the entire country would be locked down and following all the proven safety requirements.

Great, fewer people with the virus, but the economy tanks big time and may never recover with millions and millions out of work because businesses and company's folding. Did we take Sweden's approach or try to find middle ground? Unfortunately, middle ground is subject to much criticism from all directions. Governors do what they think is best for their state.
vientomas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
mac wrote:

No surprise here from your posted article. Health officials are only concerned about the virus spreading and if they were in total control, the entire country would be locked down and following all the proven safety requirements.

Great, fewer people with the virus, but the economy tanks big time and may never recover with millions and millions out of work because businesses and company's folding. Did we take Sweden's approach or try to find middle ground? Unfortunately, middle ground is subject to much criticism from all directions. Governors do what they think is best for their state.

A global pandemic requires at least a national response. Why leave it to the governors? Why not let the mayors do what they think is best for each of their cities?

We are a mobile society, there is no border crossing stopping people moving between states or cities, that's why a national response is needed.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
mac wrote:

So now that Republicans are all in on death panels run by Republican governors--how much is a life worth? More than $20 if it is a black life?

Techno--your post is utter horseshit. First, recovery won't happen if the people who have money to spend--largely older people in the risk category with disposable income--don't go back to work. Second, nobody is talking about remaining in lock down. People who pay attention to science are in favor of sensible approaches that balance safety, and develop best practices.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify- I do not oppose the wearing of masks OTHER than when outdoors, where social distancing is THE most effective precaution. A mask then, serves no logical purpose.

Also, if touching or handling potentially infected articles is a prime way of contacting the virus, I make sure my skin (or clothing) does not come into contact with gates, fences, or any other outdoors 'furniture' when I'm riding my mountain bike.

To open catches on gates for instance, I carry a short wooden bar with a hook arrangement on one end to lift up the catches to open and close any gates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 4 of 72

Jump to: