myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Candlestick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterbelden

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange. I wonder why BRC shows bad water quality http://brc.healthebay.org/37.70829717459134/-122.38567631997291/16
while the city website shows good water quality
https://sfwater.org/sapps/beachesandbay.html
THe swim guide also shows good water quality
https://www.theswimguide.org/beach/1655

I guess it could be the different days, 5/19 vs 5/26 and 5/26.

On the BRC site I can't find more than the letter grade (F) and that it is from 7 days ago. It doesn't say what the data source is. The SF Water site shows a date of 5/26 (only 2 days ago) and shows some numbers that justify their rating of meeting standards for recreation. Swim guide is also 5/26 and lists its source.
YippieYo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevinkan wrote:

Regarding Stick, it's not so bad. We just park on the opposite side of the street now. Fewer people in the park itself, and the wind has been fantastic.

Only bottleneck is getting through the gap in the RVs and over the fence w/ your gear. Sometimes you have to wait a few seconds, so you can keep your distance from other people rigging up or coming and going.

Can you clarify where across the street people park? Do you park parallel on the street or in the little lot near the Gate 1 sign? Last weekend I was going to go sailing for the first time in a long time, saw the situation, and drove down to Haskins instead because I saw no one else out. Then today I went to the stick again, and was dissuaded by no one being out and not knowing where others are parking. I feel nervous about leaving my cell phone or wallet locked in my car at all now at stick.

Also, about Haskins - do people not park in the Atreca or patheon pharma parking lots anymore? Do you actually park on Haskins at the end of the road? Some slightly sketchy looking dudes hanging out there too.

Thanks in advance
dmount

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the office buildings have cordoned off the parking places. I parked a couple times at the end last week with no problems.

There are three or four public parking spots at the end of the street just before you drive into the Recology site. The parking spots are located on the right. You'll have to rig on the walkway there and still do your best billy goat impression climbing down the path to the water.

Last Sunday afternoon, about 15 muscle cars drove into the garage of the first office building. I don't know what was planned - but within minutes the South City police were there.

Remember Haskins is best sailed going into a high tide.
vmaher2045

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At YipieYo

At stick most people park across from the RV's next to the curb but not in the parking lot in front of the gate. Don't block the gate on weekdays they're doing construction. You'll see the obvious launch area. Today, Saturday< there were two people when we showed up at four and two of us sailed until six or so. What time did you get there?

RE safety of you car it seems safe enough. Weird but I rank it above most of the other sailing spots. You could double park right next to the RV's which is what some people are doing.
peterbelden

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have had probably a dozen thefts on our block in Potrero Hill but I have never heard of a theft at candlestick. As for wallet I just leave mine at home. The carpets are such a fabulous enhancement to the stick. Thank you Bob!

Sailed Berkeley yesterday and was reminded how nice it is with the fake grass and the hoses, all paid for by the coastal commission. Perhaps we should do some advocacy to get improvements at the stick...
ctuna

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject: When are they going to open the park and clear out the RV's Reply with quote

When are they going to open the park and clear out the RV's
That would be the biggest improvement.
City subsidized beach front living.
Are the bathrooms open?
Is the shower still functional?

I been going there for 20 years or more and it looks to sketchy
for me.
vmaher2045

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Showers are working.
fxop

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any changes to last year's status at the Stick? Bathroom and shower status?

fxop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: