myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
OBX-Looking for a room 5/23-5/30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pmlct

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 10:55 pm    Post subject: OBX-Looking for a room 5/23-5/30 Reply with quote

Perhaps this is a bad idea as far as being around strangers, but I might as well see what is available. Salvo/Waves preferred, doesn't have to be on water. I'll be there the week before. Please let me know what you have. You can call or text me at 860 538 0357. Thanks, Peter PS. I'm a windsurfer
isobars

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter, we all recognize, share, and identify with your windsurfing obsession. However, isn't there a safer way to fill the square for now without exposing yourself, your family, your friends, and your coworkers to a disease that too often has devastating effects on victims' very breathing, digestion system, nerves, most organs including the brain (strokes, heart attack symptoms, hallucinations), kidneys (including total failure), lives, sense of taste, deep vein thrombosis and acute heart and intestine inflammation even in kids, muscle and joint pain, and much more?

I'm not panic-stricken. I'm windsurfing, but that doesn't include proximity to other people. My solution to your dilemma, given no options besides OBX, would be to suck up the cost of solo lodging and stay the heck away from other people. I'm not going to risk all those things just because some frigging politician allows it.

OTOH, that's easy for me to say, partly because our wind this season has been quite spotty, so CV hasn't cost me any sailing yet.

Mike \m/
fanatik

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 5:45 pm    Post subject: it's ok Reply with quote

it's ok to not feel ok right now.

just don't blame others for feeling ok.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emotionally OK, fine.

OK to risk others' welfare, no.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: