myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Rock Creek, locals (97040) only!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gwarn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look I've been called a lot worse.

If I was worried about what the the brain trust of Iwindsurf thought of me the please direct me to a bridge so I can jump off it.

If you were truly concerned about the health and welfare of your community as soon as you saw the crowd from "out of the zip code" you would have turned around and left and not snap selfies so you can come here and preach how you're doing the right thing and there doing the wrong thing.

Also why you have me at it There are other people here preaching (U2U2) about how other people are idiots for going out put a Cork in it.

Like I said before get over...

I'm going sailing regardless of what you or anybody thinks of me.

I welcome everybody to the spots I sail at anytime regardless of what some self-serving politicians have ordered us to do...

Don't worry you guys I'll keep posting
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gwarn wrote:
If I was worried about what the the brain trust of Iwindsurf thought of me the please direct me to a bridge so I can jump off it. If you were truly concerned about the health and welfare of your community as soon as you saw the crowd from "out of the zip code" you would have turned around and left and not snap selfies so you can come here and preach how you're doing the right thing and there doing the wrong thing.

, ANNNNND

Gwarn also wrote:
I welcome everybody to the spots I sail at anytime regardless of what some self-serving politicians have ordered us to do...

I personally wouldn't go that far, however. A couple of others wouldn't be a problem but even a hint of a crowd sends our overzealous governor into a frenzy of total closures.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gwarn wrote:
Look I've been called a lot worse.

If I was worried about what the the brain trust of Iwindsurf thought of me the please direct me to a bridge so I can jump off it.

If you were truly concerned about the health and welfare of your community as soon as you saw the crowd from "out of the zip code" you would have turned around and left and not snap selfies so you can come here and preach how you're doing the right thing and there doing the wrong thing.

Also why you have me at it There are other people here preaching (U2U2) about how other people are idiots for going out put a Cork in it.

Like I said before get over...

I'm going sailing regardless of what you or anybody thinks of me.

Don't worry you guys I'll keep posting

Hey, I used the term idiots cause I felt I could get away with it, and be PC . Aside from that most don’t bother to actually read my posts.
And if I wrote what I really feel about you and those reckless selfish bozos, I would get a talking too from one of the forum self help monitors.
I can’t come to grips with the attitude , both Oregon and The Bay Area ,( probably a very minor percentage , and that are encouraging others to sail, it’s not the sail part that’s a danger it’s the risk of contamination, and passing it along. do they feel they are immune, do they honestly think they can’t effect others? Well do you?
I had lunch in the hospital on Monday, next to me were a Doctor, 2 nurses, that were discussing the death of a 20YO. A seemingly Healthy girl with a year old baby.She had passed during the night. No visitors are allowed, to ANY patient facility here. She died without having any comfort from her Mum Dad and baby girl, nor could they say good bye to their baby girl.
My crusade , is too stay healthy enough to fight the good fight, and feel the wind on my face and warm waters on my feet.
Those at the most risk, have an underlying medical condition, diabetes, leukemia etc.
The research medical facilities aren’t yet in unison , about most of the covid19 areas, as how long it lives outside a host, which preventative measures offer some actual protection. They agree on one thing, stay home.
From my porch, year 2 of cancer fight, I would like to see years 3 and 4.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
pahtoe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty bummed when I heard about this yesterday, but totally get it and respect it. I'm in Hood River and had been going down to Rock Creek to walk my dogs on the loop, keeping my distance. I won't now.

I missed the updated ink on the sign yesterday in the windless drizzle going in. I only saw it when I was leaving. Sorry about that. It's too bad folks couldn't respect the sign and rules. When I first read it, I thought to myself--well, let's hope this lasts. Sadly, I expected it wouldn't. I see folks swarming The Hook daily despite the signs there. Maybe it's open to 97031 only. I haven't heard that. So I keep away.

Getting tough to find trails in Hood River area to walk my rambunctious pups these days and give 'em swims with the whole scenic area being closed. Much less get OTW.

But, small price to pay, IMO, if it prevents others from getting sick--even if only by example. I figure HR county's enviable 15 cases per 100K (last I checked) is due in large part to the conscientious population around here. I attribute that to a wind sports attitude; everybody I've met on the water and on the beach are looking out for each other. I have had more than one occasion where a sailor or kiter sacrificed their session--or offered to--when I had a broken mast, snapped boom, torn sail, busted downhaul line, busted fin, blah blah blah (big guy going fast and learning to jump = busted gear).

The way I see it, respecting beach closures is just an extension of that attitude. Leaves us with a clear conscience and, hopefully, some accrued karma to sail other days, with perfect timing for the solid wind.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U2U2U2 wrote:
it’s not the sail part that’s a danger it’s the risk of contamination, and passing it along. do they feel they are immune, do they honestly think they can’t effect others? Well do you?

Yes, to a significant degree, with care. It's backed up by a century of research showing that viral disease transmission and even infection is dramatically curtailed in the great outdoors. The threat is many times higher indoors, especially if fresh air circulation is limited. The solution to pollution is dilution, and sunlight (not uv lamps) further boosts it. That's what my research indicates, and I'm sticking to it despite having four strikes already (76 yo, stage 4 cancer, immunity diminished by chemotherapy, and gender).

In addition, the scientific pendulum is swinging towards CV being no more deadly than influenza, and that's even before we have vaccines or thorough testing for CV. Furthermore, I don't catch colds or flu, so I'm hoping my apparent immunity to them extends to their close relative, the many corona viruses. With good precautions, you and I have bigger things to worry about than playing outdoors. I don't know about your melanoma, but my cancers, very notably my prostate cancer, respond very well to plentiful exercise. All my oncologists and extensive medical literature credit it for extending my life for many years beyond their expectations. Best of luck to you.

I'm heading out right now to explore some isolated wild spots where I can sail alone and rescue my own butt if necessary.
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The notice is posted. New fancy poster coming soon. Instant gratification happens on Star Trek only.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biffmalibu wrote:
The notice is posted. New fancy poster coming soon. Instant gratification happens on Star Trek only.

https://cityofmosier.com/2020/03/21/city-declares-state-of-emergency-3-18-20-due-to-covid-19/
no decree here still.

A decree ::
Is an official order issued by a legal authority.
A poster is : this case a notice on paper, who nails it to a tree.
It must be true,cause it’s posted verbatim on some kite forum.
The National Guard is probably on standby

U2U2U2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biffmalibu wrote:

I feel that a Star ship has deposited some alien life forms

biffmalibu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the keyboard commandos, unlicensed property lawyers, amateur epidemiologists, and armchair governors complaining about the gross unfairness (boo fricken hoo!) of the situation, there may be additional changes coming soon. Such as complete closure to all. This is Mosier's most valuable asset, arguably. We don't have many. And it would be sorely missed by many here.

I am not the decider. Just letting you know. Save gas and time. Stay home, stay safe.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biffmalibu wrote:
Yes, it is a complicated hodgepodge of territory that is a challenge to administer. But this should NOT have an affect on basic respect.

Hey Gwarn (and future trolls)! I expected some sort of commentary deriving from the assumption of the privilege to use this beach. How would YOU like it if this were YOUR little beach in YOUR neighborhood with YOUR old and infirm family members in residence and this was happening? Be honest. I'll be waiting. And if you want to tell me to my face how you feel about it, come by sometime after the decree ends and we can talk face to face like a man instead of like a troll.

This face to face line is harassment , threatening, and Ill be waiting. Get a grip.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: