myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Anti-pose ordinance for watersports access & parking
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject: Anti-pose ordinance for watersports access & parking Reply with quote

For now, there appear to be a small handful of river access sites that do not belong to the states of Oregon and Washington. You may or may not know of them. As the weather and water warms, more watersports enthusiasts may attempt to participate. If you do, King Trump has these orders for you:

*Share.

*Ask questions and listen to the folks who are most familiar with the site. Because you're probably new there and may not understand why things are the way they are. Ultimately, it's for your own safety.

*Be considerate (and safe!) with your parking and behavior. Help other people park and be safe.

*Don't hog more than one parking spot. Only the Hatchery allows hogging, sadly. And it is officially closed.

*Don't linger and "pose" if you are not actively coming or going; nobody cares how big your penis/clit is. LEAVE, if you are not active. Your money and huge vehicle do NOT give you a license to pose. Be generous and SHARE.

I probably forgot to list some other items of the ordinance. Somebody else can fill in the blanks. It's probably technically against the law to congregate at unofficial access sites. As a pragmatist, I think it's still probably going to happen until there is too much competition and consequent conflict. Then there will be a shutdown. Maybe the conflict can be minimized by thoughtfulness and generosity until the inevitable shutdown. And some nice short sessions can still be had in the cold cold water.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Anti-pose ordinance for watersports access & parking Reply with quote

biffmalibu wrote:
For now, there appear to be a small handful of river access sites that do not belong to the states of Oregon and Washington.
some nice short sessions can still be had in the cold cold water ...

Don't linger and "pose" if you are not actively coming or going ... LEAVE, if you are not active. Your money and huge vehicle do NOT give you a license to pose.

Many of the rest belong to the Corps, and they've closed their sites. Others have been closed by the RR for years. Still more activities (such as fishing ... with implications for sailors) and spots have been closed by some states just because launch ramps and river banks were simply getting too crowded. Some states and towns are promising thousand-dollar fines and jail time for "running too far" or leaving their homes without wearing masks.

At the same time, some cities and states are letting criminals -- in many cases including violent ones -- out of jail because it's "unfair to confine people", especially with CV looming.

I'm still hoping the closures will begin lifting by the time the river temp reaches my threshold. My last "short cold session" turned into hours of hassle for a LOT of people, total gear destruction, and a federal offense ticket.

Actually, and unfortunately, "posing" aka hanging out, camping, partying, "RVing", are legitimate uses of the parks. I once got chewed out at noon for using my portable Honda generator -- INSIDE MY VAN -- by four people occupying 6-8 painted parking spaces.
dvCali

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Anti-pose ordinance for watersports access & parking Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

At the same time, some cities and states are letting criminals -- in many cases including violent ones -- out of jail because it's "unfair to confine people", especially with CV looming.

Never heard of any city (?) or state suggesting to free violent criminals. Please quote your reference.

There are numerous voices calling for releasing people in jail for non violent crimes, and especially for selectively freeing people not convicted of anything but waiting in jail for trial. Jails are some of the best places for a virus to spread and there have been a number of deaths of people waiting in jail for a hearing (Cook county, New York City). There are more than 500,000 people locked up in the U.S.A who have not been convicted of anything but are simply waiting for a trial https://www.prisonpolicy.org/reports/pie2020.html
Gwarn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a pretty good example......

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/04/07/frustration-builds-over-covid-19-leniency-after-release-of-drug-trafficking-suspects/
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject: The subject is considerate behavior at the beach/parking. Reply with quote

Don't take the Isobars bait.

Isobars, stop hijacking the subject.
Start your own subject and blow your hot air there.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The subject is considerate behavior at the beach/parking. Reply with quote

No clue what you're talking about. I very specifically listed and addressed the topics you brought up.

biffmalibu wrote:
Don't take the Isobars bait.

Isobars, stop hijacking the subject.
Start your own subject and blow your hot air there.
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:35 pm    Post subject: MOCA Test recommendation Reply with quote

Isobars,
dvCali quoted you clearly hijacking this subject. It's as plain as day.

Either you can't read your own writing, can't remember, refuse to remember, or you've got thinking errors or any combination thereof. Regardless, I recommend starting with a MOCA Test administered by your healthcare provider. This could lead to other assessments for personality and mood disorders that would all be for the best. But MOCA would be a good start. Some disease processes can be treated, and it's best to treat them sooner rather than later.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Governor of Oregon wrote

Wording is: “Individuals are directed to minimize travel, other than essential travel to or from home, residence, or workplace; for obtaining or providing food, shelter, essential consumer needs, health care, emergency services; for the care of family members, household members, elderly persons, minors, dependents, persons with disabilities, or other vulnerable persons.”

What part of English don’t you understand ?

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All true. Thanks for posting. Definitely breaking the law.
As a pragmatist, I believe it is going to happen. So do it ad safely and considerately as possible.

Have you been abiding 100%? Be honest.

I am not at the beach now.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

off

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/

Last edited by U2U2U2 on Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: