myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
COVID models vs. data: Launch site opening?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riggs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject: Sneak onto the river? Reply with quote

We are tempted to sneak onto the river to windsurf and kiteboard, but if you choose to. Pretty PLEASE go with a buddy. That person will be the person to save you IF something was to happen.

During an avalanche recently this Spring a backcountry snowboarder sustained serious injuries. 15 people were in contact with this person, not knowing if infected. But the SAR people, nurses and helicopter pilot saved this person's life without thinking twice about themselves.

Fellow Windsurfer
kmf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could windsurf and be safe if the beaches were open. I can rig and get in the water while keeping my distance, but the powers that be will be the ones who decide whether or not to open the beaches, not me. So I am not in control, and I am not going to disobey the directives that government puts on us to keep the majority safe from the few.
I am at peace with this.....not real happy about it, but the contentment of my place in life isn't 100% tied to windsurfing.
Bond1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the info I've gathered, 6 feet won't be enough space at the beach. It works in the house at home when the micro droplets hang suspended in the air where they were exhaled, but in the wind there's no telling what's coming at you from upwind.

If this season happens it will be my 38th windsurfing in the Gorge. I've skipped 5 days in the corridor that I would have sailed any other year. I could get to the water if I wanted, but I don't want to get or give COVID to anyone. The sooner this is over the sooner we can sail and I can go back to work.
AlexM

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Bond1"]Based on the info I've gathered, 6 feet won't be enough space at the beach. It works in the house at home when the micro droplets hang suspended in the air where they were exhaled, but in the wind there's no telling what's coming at you from upwind.

I think this article should allay your concerns about the likelihood of viral transmission in the outdoors, especially in windy conditions. In my opinion the author makes a compelling case for why parks should be opened and outdoor recreation encouraged.
AlexM

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOps - here's the article!
https://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2020/04/why-outside-air-is-safe-and-park.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&m=1
Bond1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexM wrote:
OOps - here's the article!
https://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2020/04/why-outside-air-is-safe-and-park.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&m=1

I've read that and I'm not buying the argument for several reasons.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is easy.A clinical study ,the author of this paper and you are the subject's.
You are exposed to humans that are
infected with covid19 , 10 confirmed and 10 humans who only have the symptoms.
The study professor randomly picks who gets confirmed or symptoms.
They , the sick ones, or near sick, will cough and breath, into ,a fan, while the clinical participants,In a typical, outdoors setting , ah, 12 feet away will be rendered immobile. For a short period.
You will be sent into the world, and return at 5 day intervals to be tested. Covid 19, nostril test,* long dry swab, into each nostril, deep, near the brian, and swirled around.
If tested positive, you will be treated accordingly, if negative you will be returned to society to carry on a regular lifestyles.

* I can attest firsthand that this test is not pleasant .

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: