myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
satelite and radar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericwelty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject: satelite and radar Reply with quote

Remember when we could click on sat. and radar to see where the clouds were. It seems like this is no longer an option at iwindsurf , are we getting less for more ? Question
bprice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still works on the new IW but not on the classic version anymore. I opened a support ticket about a week ago and got this response:
Feb 18, 11:50 EST
Although we fixed the satellite feed for our new sites, we've now confirmed that the data source we used to feed the classic sites is dead. We are investigating alternative data sources and will be working on bringing that feature back as soon as possible.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience - for the time being, you may want to use our new sites. We'll let you know when we have a new product in place.
ericwelty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you bprice , I will try to be patient
ctuna

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject: In the meantime Reply with quote

https://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/nexsat-bin/nexsat.cgi?BASIN=CONUS&SUB_BASIN=focus_regions&AGE=Latest&CCA=NorthAmerica-CONUS-West&SSC=x-California-x&PRODUCT=vis_ir_background&SUB_PRODUCT=goes_lowcloud&PAGETYPE=static&DISPLAY=single&SIZE=Full&PATH=NorthAmerica-CONUS-West/x-California-x/vis_ir_background/goes_lowcloud&ARROW=next&&buttonPressed=Latest

http://fog.today/

https://www.wunderground.com/satellite/vis/1k/US.html
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's another little startup company that might suffice. It's called NOAA. Very Happy

I rely on radar and satellite images every time I see a surge in the wind at a favored spot. They often clearly distinguish between synoptic (thus fairly reliable) wind and a passing thunderstorm, making my Drive/No Drive decision easier, usually even a no-brainer. Ditto right on the beach; Tstorm cause, it won't last and can strand me offshore. No Tstorm, it's much more likely to get me back home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: