myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
alex jones takes another hit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:40 pm    Post subject: Alex Jones lies Reply with quote

this ultra right wing hero despicable in-human typical right winger liar, well may he rot in a hot place and lose every peny of his millions he makes from his hate talk.. my goodness what right wing values lying about a children's school massacre.

hahahaha he is caught in a lie which could be perjury because his lawyers made a mistake and sent a copy of all his text messages to them.
Which allowed them to call out Jones lies, he was to turn over all text messages to the party suing him, he sent NONE (get the pattern here with republicans ..
But many more were found in the messages he turned over to his lawyers. Thus it appears to me he may have committed perjury... wow of

https://news.yahoo.com/alex-jones-lawyer-sent-text-messages-sandy-hook-parents-defamation-trial-184125918.html

Alex Jones learns on witness stand that lawyer sent his text messages to rival attorneys

Quote:
While being cross-examined at his defamation trial in Austin, Texas, on Wednesday, Alex Jones was informed that his attorneys accidentally sent two years of text messages from his cellphone to the lawyer for the Sandy Hook parents suing him — and then failed to note that the messages were protected under attorney-client privilege.

Mark Bankston, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, presented a text message about Sandy Hook that Bankston said came from Jones’s cellphone.

“Do you know where I got this?” Bankston asked Jones.

“No,” Jones replied.

Bankston explained: “Twelve days ago, your attorneys messed up and sent me an entire digital copy of your entire cellphone with every text message that you’ve sent for the past two years — and when informed, did not take any steps to identify it as privileged or protected.”

Alex Jones attempts to answer questions about his text messages at his defamation trial in Austin, Texas, on Wednesday. (Briana Sanchez/Pool via Reuters)
Alex Jones attempts to answer questions about his text messages at his defamation trial in Austin, Texas, on Wednesday. (Briana Sanchez/Pool via Reuters)
In a pretrial deposition, Jones had testified under oath that he had searched his phone for text messages about Sandy Hook in preparation for the trial and found none.

“That is how I know you lied to me when you said you didn’t have any text messages about Sandy Hook,” Bankston told Jones. “Did you know this?”

Jones said he did not, and that he had given his phone to his attorneys.

"I guess this is your 'Perry Mason' moment," he added.

"You know what perjury is, right?" Bankston asked.

“Yes, I do,” Jones replied. “I mean, I’m not a tech guy.”

The dramatic exchange came during cross-examination of Jones on the second day of his testimony.

Earlier Wednesday, Jones sought to portray himself as a victim who had been “typecast” for claiming that the 2012 mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., was staged.

Jones, the only witness called by his defense team, began by complaining about media outlets that refuse to report that he now believes that the massacre, which left 20 children and six educators dead, actually happened.

“It's 100% real,” Jones said under direct questioning from his lawyer F. Andino Reynal.

Neil Heslin, father of 6-year-old Sandy Hook shooting victim Jesse Lewis, testifies at trial.
Neil Heslin, father of 6-year-old Sandy Hook shooting victim Jesse Lewis, testifies against Alex Jones on Tuesday. (Briana Sanchez/Pool via Reuters)
The concession came a day after Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis, the parents of Jesse Lewis, a 6-year-old boy killed at Sandy Hook, told the jury that false claims that the attack did not occur have made their lives a “living hell.”

Heslin and Lewis are suing Jones and his media company Free Speech Systems for $150 million for the harassment they've received as a result of the unfounded conspiracy theory spread by Jones and his guests on Infowars, a far-right website that hosts talk shows and other content.

Jones was asked by Reynal to explain what he now thinks about the massacre in Newtown.

“I think Sandy Hook happened. I think it was a terrible event,” he said, before adding: “I think it was a cover-up. The FBI knew it was going to happen.”

Under cross-examination, Bankston peppered Jones with questions about statements that have been made on Infowars during the trial, including the suggestion that Judge Maya Guerra Gamble is rigging the proceedings with an actual script, and that Gamble is somehow involved in a pedophilia ring.

Bankston asked Jones if such statements were evidence that he is taking the trial seriously.

“I think this is serious as cancer,” Jones replied.

Mark Bankston shows a document to Alex Jones, who looks perplexed.
Mark Bankston, a lawyer for Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis, asks Jones about his emails and text messages during the defamation trial Wedneday. (Briana Sanchez/Pool via Reuters)
Bankston also asked Jones about other mass tragedies that he has claimed were "false flag" events, including the mass shootings in Las Vegas, Parkland, Fla., and Sutherland Springs, Texas, and the Boston Marathon bombings.

As was the case during Jones's testimony on Tuesday, Gamble repeatedly reminded him to answer only the questions he was asked.

“This is not your show,” the judge said.
vientomas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones is a trashy opportunist who spews absolute bullshit to line his pockets. Filing for bankruptcy? Afraid the truth will prevail? I hope the jury sends a clear message to Jones and his ilk. No more lies for profit! You listening Trump?
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

came out in court he did lie about being bankrupt now, as one of the text messages he discussed just one day they brought in $800,000.00 and he has 70 employees.

his ex wife now wants copies of the messages as she believed get this he lied in his divorce about money?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/a-rude-gesture-courtroom-antics-and-revealed-text-messages-5-highlights-from-alex-jones-sandy-hook-defamation-trial/ar-AA10heJb?ocid=winp2sv1plus&cvid=1b4c373d8f81403997475d6a3cc831df

A rude gesture, courtroom antics, and revealed text messages: 5 highlights from Alex Jones' Sandy Hook defamation trial

and this the legal experts agreed with me... time to lock him up...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/alex-jones-could-face-perjury-charges-and-up-to-10-years-in-a-texas-jail-after-his-lawyer-mistakenly-revealed-text-messages-the-infowars-host-claimed-didn-t-exist-legal-experts-say/ar-AA10hjlZ?cvid=62d460832aeb468afc433f8c14a35325&ocid=winp2sv1plus

Alex Jones could face perjury charges and up to 10 years in a Texas jail after his lawyer mistakenly revealed text messages the InfoWars host claimed didn't exist, legal experts sa
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and now the Jan 6 committee wants his text messages, seems his were lost but now found...

As we know even the dept of defence has seemed to lose their messages conveniently too.

But now we have Jone's for well 2 years. already showing he perjured himself... hahahahaha

https://news.yahoo.com/alex-jones-text-messages-jan-6-committee-sandy-hook-lawyer-171334017.html

Jan. 6 committee requests Alex Jones text messages from Sandy Hook lawyer

Quote:
A lawyer for the parents of a Sandy Hook shooting victim who are suing Alex Jones said Thursday that the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol has requested his text messages and phone records that were inadvertently disclosed by his legal team.

While Jones was on the witness stand at his defamation trial in Austin, Texas, on Wednesday, he learned that his lawyers accidentally sent two years of text messages from his cellphone to Mark Bankston, an attorney for the plaintiffs — and then failed to note that the messages were protected under attorney-client privilege.

Bankston said in court Thursday that the committee has requested the text messages and related documents, and that he intends to turn them over unless he’s instructed not to do so.

Mark Bankston, a lawyer for Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis, asks Alex Jones about his emails and text messages in the courtroom.
Mark Bankston asks Alex Jones about his emails and text messages during his defamation trial in Austin, Texas, on Wednesday. (Briana Sanchez/Pool via Reuters)
“I’ve been asked to turn them over,” Bankston informed Judge Maya Guerra Gamble, who is overseeing the trial in Austin. “I certainly intend to do that unless you tell me not to.”

Bankston said he also intends to share the messages with lawyers for the plaintiffs in a separate defamation trial against Jones in Connecticut.

Gamble said she would give Jones’s attorneys time to research whether they have a legal argument to block the transmission of those text messages.

The judge denied a request by Federico Andino Reynal, Jones’s lead lawyer, for a mistrial. Reynal told Gamble that Bankston should have immediately destroyed the records.

Bankston said he informed Reynal of the apparent gaffe but that Reynal did not take any steps to identify the messages as privileged or protected.

Alex Jones on the witness stand.
Jones under cross examination on Wednesday. (Briana Sanchez/Pool via Reuters)
Thursday’s exchange came as the jury was deliberating the case against Jones brought by Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis, the parents of 6-year-old boy Jesse Lewis, who was killed along with 19 other children and six adult educators in the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

Heslin and Lewis are seeking $150 million in damages from Jones and his media company Free Speech Systems for falsely claiming the 2012 massacre was a hoax.

The Jan. 6 committee subpoenaed Jones in November over his role in promoting the events that led to the deadly riot as well as his ties to Stewart Rhodes, the leader of the Oath Keepers militia.

In January, Jones sat for a deposition during which he later said he invoked his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination “almost 100 times.

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the specific case law he must overcome to get his way,

But then he and his attorney would have to turn over the documents anyway as they had been requested but not all of the documents in discovery... so he is in deep do do, but this is texas and they do not care about the law when it is a republican.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/alex-jones-and-his-lawyer-lost-a-defamation-case-their-legal-troubles-are-just-beginning/ar-AA10lZP3?cvid=8185c70690b544ccdfd3da41788ac02c&ocid=winp2sv1plus

Alex Jones and His Lawyer Lost a Defamation Case. Their Legal Troubles Are Just Beginning.

Quote:
As Bankston told the court, Reynal’s legal assistant accidentally sent opposing counsel a 300 gigabyte file with much of Jones’ data history on it. Also on the file were medical files for plaintiffs against Jones in a separate Sandy Hook defamation case, which clearly should not have been released to anyone. Bankston told the court that he deleted the medical files, but not the rest. Reynal’s initial response to the inadvertent disclosure was to reply “please disregard” and “I will work on preparing you a new link.”

As Bankston noted to the court, though, and as the judge accepted, the plaintiff’s attorney was under no obligation to treat “please disregard” as a legally binding request. Indeed, under Texas Civil Rules of Procedure 193.3—which Bankston noted Reynal had cited in his mistrial motion— Reynal had ten days to assert specific privileges, such as attorney-client privilege, over specific portions of the disclosures. Reynal did not do so, and 12 days later, Bankston made the revelations in court.

wsurfer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
Jones is a trashy opportunist who spews absolute bullshit to line his pockets. Filing for bankruptcy? Afraid the truth will prevail? I hope the jury sends a clear message to Jones and his ilk. No more lies for profit! You listening Trump?

Sounds like Tucker, too!

Who didn't know there was good money to be had dishing out bullshit all of the time? To them that's why the internet exists!

Seems that's the playbook for the likes of Lying Loser 45 as well.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones hires a free speech lawyer and well it did not go well for lying speech, see the photo attached. this is a different case.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hear-what-alex-jones-lawyer-says-on-the-stand-in-sandy-hook-defamation-trial/vi-AA11RNAg?cvid=7cb3b5a060a34151afb47ba42e9b0754&ocid=winp2sv1plustaskbarhover&category=foryou

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: