myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Climate Change
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 192, 193, 194  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Kirk is a pimp for fossil fuels. MBA or not (University of spoiled children before it was really a college?), Bard is a sucker for every right wing con.

How many concussions?

The real con is that "Climate change " has been happening since the big bang...
mac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
mac wrote:
Kirk is a pimp for fossil fuels. MBA or not (University of spoiled children before it was really a college?), Bard is a sucker for every right wing con.

How many concussions?

How many concussions? It is clear that math, science, and credible commentary don’t penetrate your damaged brain.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
mac wrote:

How many concussions?

How many concussions? It is clear that math, science, and credible commentary don’t penetrate your damaged brain.

You crazies use data picked to prove your point. THE CLIMATE HAS ALWAYS CHANGED! My home is elevation 65 feet. We've got shells and other ocean dwelling things in our yard. My home was under water only a few millenia ago. Jesus
mac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
mac wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
mac wrote:

How many concussions?

You crazies use data picked to prove your point. THE CLIMATE HAS ALWAYS CHANGED! My home is elevation 65 feet. We've got shells and other ocean dwelling things in our yard. My home was under water only a few millenia ago. Jesus

Did I say science doesn’t penetrate your damaged brain? Coastal Southern California is a series of wave cut platforms that have been uplifted by tectonic events. That’s earthquake for you ignorant folks. The last ice age began to end about 20,000 years ago, and sea level has risen roughly 300 feet since that time. You could read just a tiny bit about geology and shoreline morphology and not write such ignorant comments.

Those events are fundamentally different than those caused by in increase in atmospheric CO2–and methane. CO2 has increased from under 320 ppm in 1960 to about 420 now. Keeling, who started measuring CO2 at Mauna Loa told me about this in the 1970’s.

People who are ignorant say something like you’ve typed above—with no idea that they’ve demonstrated their profound ignorance.

How many concussions?
vientomas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
mac wrote:

How many concussions?

Hol up there padner! You strike me as a "the world was made in six days" kinda peep. Big bang theory? You belive in that but not CO induced climate change? Got any proof of that banger theory? Whoa, Cognitive dissonance alert! Rolling Eyes
coachg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
The last ice age began to end about 20,000 years ago, and sea level has risen roughly 300 feet since that time.

Mac, you have to remember, Malibu is a BabylonBee guy. According to him the Earth is only 6,000 years old.

Coachg
mac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg wrote:
mac wrote:
The last ice age began to end about 20,000 years ago, and sea level has risen roughly 300 feet since that time.

Mac, you have to remember, Malibu is a BabylonBee guy. According to him the Earth is only 6,000 years old.

Coachg

I see. Only 24 employees, so you have to sign up with them to get your brain washed. Like I said, science and math don’t penetrate. Concussions—and drugs—will do that.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, it sounds to me like you are a classic example of a person that got a very lopsided higher education. From what you've said in the past, it seems that your MBA has greatly benefited you financially in life, but you appear to lack an educational balance that would give you a broader understanding of many other important things in life that have little to do with money.

That's kind of sad, but maybe you can begin to open your mind to the humanities, to include some modern science. You will find very little of that wasting time on the radical right wing social media path you're on. If you really think about it, I don't think that Jesus would be following that kind of nonsense.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god its just a hoax.

Quote:
Rapidly warming oceans are cutting into the underside of the Earth’s widest glacier and posing a major sea-level-rise threat, startling new data and images show.

Using an underwater robot at Thwaites Glacier, researchers have determined that warm water is getting channeled into crevasses in what the researchers called “terraces” — essentially, upside-down trenches — and carving out gaps under the ice. As the ice then flows toward the sea, these channels enlarge and become future potential break points, where the floating ice shelf comes apart and produces huge icebergs.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
University of California, Los Angeles scientists have found that climate change caused the Colorado River basin to lose 10 trillion gallons of water from 2000 to 2021. That’s a volume that would fill Lake Mead, one of the river’s major reservoirs. About 40 million people in the West, including much of Southern California, rely on Colorado River water for much of their supplies.

From Calmatters.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 193 of 194

Jump to: