myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nutty California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 194, 195, 196 ... 203, 204, 205  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vientomas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the authority Gybe!

Therein is a reference to: https://law.justia.com/cases/california/supreme-court/4th/16/307.html

Abortions for minors without parental consent have been around in Calif. for years, and as the above cited case indicates, most recently reaffirmed in 1997. Where has your outrage been hiding all these years? Building up? Or perhaps you were ignorant of the state of Calif. law on the issue until recently?
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There ya go, MrGybe and Techno ... messing with the big government-loving control freaks' minds by citing facts they can't verify on their primary new source, TikTok. (It's not like Hillary hasn't been proclaiming for decades that the government knows more about raising our children than their parents do ... the "village" and all that.)

Hillary Stills Wants “The Village” To Raise Our Kids
Posted on August 12, 2015 by Tom Balek Standard

20 years ago, First Lady Hillary Clinton uttered perhaps her most memorable and politically-revealing declaration, “It takes a village to raise a child.”

Borrowed from an ancient African proverb, “It Takes A Village” quickly became her mantra, frequently repeated on talk shows and speeches throughout her husband’s presidential campaign. A book by that title was published in 1996, and while Mrs. Clinton claimed to have written it by herself “in longhand,” it was ghost-written by Barbara Feinman, who was none too pleased that she received practically no acknowledgment for having done all of the heavy lifting.

Clinton’s assertion that “it takes a village” has been the subject of conservative derision and outrage pretty much ever since. Bob Dole summed up the reaction of conservatives when he addressed the 1996 Republican Convention: “… with all due respect, I am here to tell you, it does not take a village to raise a child. It takes a family to raise a child.”

Clinton doubled down on her contention when she unsuccessfully ran for president in 2007 and tripled down this year in her presidential campaign launch speech, saying, “It takes an inclusive society. What I once called “a village” that has a place for everyone.”

My local newspaper today includes an article about “Operation Backpack.” Now in its third year, the York County Sheriff’s Foundation program provides backpacks and school supplies to county schools who pass them on to families “in need.” It is one of literally dozens of similar programs in the area.

School supplies and backpacks are now one more thing that parents are no longer expected to provide for their children.

I am more baffled every day by the change in our culture. There was a time, not long ago, when we expected parents to take care of their children and be responsible for meeting their needs. Today, it apparently does take “A Village” to care for many of our children. Parents (single mothers) are no longer asked to feed their children, with SNAP, WIC, free school breakfasts and lunches provided by the leaders of The Village, year-around. They don’t have to buy Christmas presents thanks to the many generous gift programs. There are clothing drives and free entertainment and camps and cultural opportunities. Housing is free under Section 8. Minority children are usually offered free college educations, regardless of merit, and enjoy hiring preferences. Ours has become a culture of entitlement for anyone who is deemed “needy” by the leaders of The Village, and those who acquire the title are considered courageous and honorable – held in high esteem by the liberal media and the undiscerning.

A single mother who is hooked into today’s benefit programs has practically no responsibility for raising her children. She can spend the family’s cash benefits entirely on her own entertainment, since everything her children could possibly need or want is provided by The Village.

In Hillary Clinton’s world-view, this arrangement works perfectly. Parents can’t be trusted, so The Village must raise the child according to the directions of its leaders. The child learns to depend on The Village and the system is perpetuated, generation after generation. The leaders of The Village are permanently empowered.

I have a soft spot for disadvantaged kids, and I know that many of them aren’t blessed with parents who are able to give them what they need. Been there. The Village can be a life saver. Unfortunately, it’s the leaders of The Village and their self-centered ambitions that worry me. Forgive me if my family chooses to take full responsibility for raising our children, providing for them on our own, and teaching them to be independently responsible for the welfare of our future generations.

Tom Balek – Rockin’ On the Right Side

Last edited by isobars on Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg wrote:
Sigh,...... Already been answered. You & Techno see Boogymen; I don't. You look at the law through your rose colored glass & I'll look at it through my rose colored glass. But by all measurable data on health & wellbeing for both adults & teens when comparing NC to CA, my rose colored glass is better.

You found it "disturbing" that Techno and I would believe...... "that schools are populated by “faceless bureaucrats” that would actually attempt to make medical decisions without fi(r)st trying to contact the parents" ......but when you discover that our assumption was accurate, and yours was inaccurate, you are no longer disturbed by that scenario? The dodging and weaving by you and others here, and the lack of understanding of the fundamentals of the law, is precisely why any sensible parent should never entrust healthcare decisions for their children to a school bureaucracy except in rare emergency situations.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was no mere "assumption". It was neither a judgement call nor an opinion. It did not originate with Fox News, MrGybe, isobars, techno, or any other "man on the street". It was and remains the product of a wide variety of ever-growing hard evidence that liberals, democrats, and absentee parents (and Biden family corruption deniers) simply don't want to hear.

mrgybe wrote:
when you discover that our assumption was accurate, and yours was inaccurate...
SAS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
So at least we know now who is pulling Techno’s chain, and most likely gybe’s. The California Family Council. A right wing, Christian Nationalist lobbying group out of Fresno. No facts are required in opinion pieces. But it gives our cranky old men their daily dose of adrenaline and outrage. https://www.californiafamily.org/about-us/

I checked out the web site of the CFC and this is their mission "Advancing God’s Design for Life, Family, & Liberty through California’s Church, Capitol, & Culture"

The Taliban could have the same motto if they substitute Afghanistan's for California's and mosque for church.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAS wrote:
mac wrote:
So at least we know now who is pulling Techno’s chain, and most likely gybe’s. The California Family Council. A right wing, Christian Nationalist lobbying group out of Fresno. No facts are required in opinion pieces. But it gives our cranky old men their daily dose of adrenaline and outrage. https://www.californiafamily.org/about-us/

I checked out the web site of the CFC and this is their mission "Advancing God’s Design for Life, Family, & Liberty through California’s Church, Capitol, & Culture"

The Taliban could have the same motto if they substitute Afghanistan's for California's and mosque for church.

SAS—this is the full on culture war bs, and gybe and Techno are targets of multiple websites. They reliably repost the talking points, usually without any understanding or ability to communicate what they are outraged by. Rage is enough—hate feels so good to them.

My older daughter became sexually active in high school, and obtained birth control without our permission. I’m glad she did. She is now in her forties, has four kids and is married to an Oakland cop. Getting pregnant at 16 would have changed all of that. Over 40% of teenagers have become sexually active—and they don’t want to tell their parents. Gybe and Techno support politicians that restrict access to contraception, trying to impose their religious views on those who don’t share them. The result, as we can see in Texas, is more pregnancies, more abortions, and more teen-age mothers.
coachg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
“faceless bureaucrats” that would actually attempt to make medical decisions without fi(r)st trying to contact the parents"

Sigh,..... One last time. No, your "faceless bureaucrats" are not making medical decisions; contrary to your opinion the law does not give school administrators, teachers or counselors medical powers.

Coachg
techno900

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

Mac, we all know that your persistent efforts to knock sources rather than confront / debate the stated facts, puts your credibility in the trashcan.

And last but not least, all of the liberals here must have short memories. As previously stated, several times, my issue on this thread is not California, IT'S THE LIBERAL LEADERSHIP, and this current topic is a prime example of the nuttiness.

And when it comes to where people choose to live...........

Quote:
Californians, Floridians, and New Yorkers all head to NC
3 states account for ~30% of inflow into North Carolina from out of state.
Of all searches for moves into North Carolina from other states in 2022, those from California made up 13.5%, Florida 9.3%, and New York 7.1%.

Quote:
From 2020 to 2021, North Carolina ranked #4 in the nation for population increase, with its population jumping another 93,985 residents, according to U.S. Census estimates. Only outdone by Texas, Florida, and Arizona, North Carolina joins this popular group of population winners. And for some of the same reasons, all boast fair weather, low taxes, and affordable costs.

https://www.movebuddha.com/blog/move-to-north-carolina-migration-report/
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg wrote:
And Techno, I loved your “I read the statute” comment. There are three people that make me laugh really hard when they say that; You, Malibu & Donald Trump.

Coachg, I guess you can add your name to that list now, since, despite 30 years in the school system, you had a fundamental misunderstanding of the governing law. So now your only refuge is wordsmithing. A frightened, embarrassed, 12 year old, who believes she is pregnant and is desperate not to be found out by her parents, will follow the lead of a school nurse and/ or counselor as they refer her for treatment, or provide her with "emergency contraception". Of course that gives them medical powers, and a pivotal role in the decision no matter how often you sigh.
coachg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Coachg, I guess you can add your name to that list now, since, despite 30 years in the school system, you had a fundamental misunderstanding of the governing law.

Interesting. Because I agree with a law it shows a misunderstanding of the governing law? So, by your logic if I disagree with a law, then I have a complete understanding of the law? Thank you for helping me understand conservative logic

mrgybe wrote:
So now your only refuge is wordsmithing.

Really? So now your inability to speak/type clearly is my fault? Very Iso of you.

mrgybe wrote:
A frightened, embarrassed, 12 year old, who believes she is pregnant and is desperate not to be found out by her parents, will follow the lead of a school nurse and/ or counselor as they refer her for treatment, or provide her with "emergency contraception". Of course that gives them medical powers, and a pivotal role in the decision no matter how often you sigh.

Ahh, yes. Here it is, your hypothetical situation where your “faceless bureaucrats” become the Boogeyman who will only refer the student to a health clinic for treatment without first trying to convince the student to involve the parent. This is where we drastically disagree because of my over 30 years of CA school service & your 0. I’m not saying there are not some “faceless bureaucrats” in the school system that would do what you describe, I’m saying there are far more that are caring & would do their best to get the parents involved. Now, if the child refuses to get the parents involved despite the best efforts of their trusted teacher/counselor, I expect there are some other underlying major issues at home, far beyond the scope of this discussion. I can think of quite a few hypothetical situations where it is obvious where the parent should not be notified.

Coachg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 194, 195, 196 ... 203, 204, 205  Next
Page 195 of 205

Jump to: