myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nutty California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 193, 194, 195 ... 203, 204, 205  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"DYOGDHW"

The teenager in you shows. So high on your own nonsense, and going nowhere.
coachg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
I have no kids

Our country thanks you for that service.

Coachg
techno900

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is what California wants - you can have it.

Quote:
GREG BURT
SEPTEMBER 6, 2022
The California Senate had an intense debate over a bill now sitting on Governor Gavin Newsom’s desk affecting the ability of parents to oversee the medical and counseling treatment received by their minor children. Assemblyman Rudy Salas (D-Bakersfield) authored AB 1940 to fund healthcare clinics within K-12 public schools. That might sound good until you realize many of the primary health care services the bill funds, such as mental health care, abortions, birth control, and treatment for sexual assault and drug abuse, don’t require parental consent. Abortions and birth control don’t require parental consent for minors at any age, and the other services listed above don’t require a parent’s permission once the child turns 12.

Senate Republicans were particularly concerned about these onsite health centers in light of a bill passed last year, AB 1184, requiring insurance companies to hide from parents “sensitive” services their children are receiving, including abortions and treatment for sexual assaults, gender transition drugs and surgeries, and mental health treatment. This bill was sponsored by Planned Parenthood. The abortion giant stands to benefit from AB 1940 as well. Just over three years ago, Planned Parenthood announced plans to open up 50 “Wellbeing Centers” in Los Angeles high schools. Who knows how many more clinics they could open in schools across the state if the Governor approves this health clinics bill?

"We are basically emancipating our children with their healthcare in the state of California. As a parent and future grandparent, I am extremely concerned about where we are going,"

Senator Rosilicie Ochoa Bogh
Tweet
Several Republican Senators stood up on the floor of the Senate to explain their deep concern with AB 1940. “We are facilitating health clinics now that are going to be comprehensive in health care, after passing a law last year that prohibits our parents and caregivers from knowing what services, medical services, medications our children are receiving … . Think very deeply about what that could mean,” Senator Rosilicie Ochoa Bogh (R-Redlands) told her fellow Senators during the Senate floor debate on AB 1940. “That means that state, our school boards, can actually facilitate medical treatment for children with absolutely no knowledge or engagement from the parents. We are basically emancipating our children with their healthcare in the state of California. As a parent and future grandparent, I am extremely concerned about where we are going.”

More at: https://www.californiafamily.org/2022/09/ca-senator-says-legislators-are-emancipating-our-childrens-healthcare-to-k-12-school-based-clinics/
mac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So at least we know now who is pulling Techno’s chain, and most likely gybe’s. The California Family Council. A right wing, Christian Nationalist lobbying group out of Fresno. No facts are required in opinion pieces. But it gives our cranky old men their daily dose of adrenaline and outrage. https://www.californiafamily.org/about-us/
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg wrote:
Not only am I probably more aware than you of low-income minorities...........

You may wish to live/work in multiple African countries for years, then provide pro bono services to a leading African relief agency for a decade in retirement, in order to judge whether those experiences provide as much insight into low income living as teaching in a (private?) California school.

coachg wrote:
Your & Techno’s assumption that schools are populated by “faceless bureaucrats” that would actually attempt to make medical decisions without fist trying to contact the parents is what I find rather disturbing. That is not the laws intent.

The laws specifically prohibit parental notification in most situations without the consent of the minor. I'm willing to be corrected but that seems to be not only the intent of California Minor Consent laws, but their very purpose.

http://www.publichealth.lacounty.gov/dhsp/Providers/toolkit2.pdf
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Mrgybe…nobody here has suggested they are fine with “school bureaucrats”making medical decisions for minor children. You continue to move the goal posts on any conversation.

I can only assume you haven't read the other posts here. As for moving the goalposts, I have no idea what you are talking about.
coachg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
If this is what California wants - you can have it.

FINALLY you get it!!! You don't live here so your opinion doesn't matter. If your brother doesn't like it here, tell him to join you in NC. We all choose where we want to live based on what we are comfortable with. You are happy in NC, I am happy in CA. I could come up with a huge laundry list of what I feel is wrong with your state, but I don't care because I don't live there; you should do the same.

Coachg
coachg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
coachg wrote:
Not only am I probably more aware than you of low-income minorities...........
You may wish to live/work in multiple African countries for years, then provide pro bono services to a leading African relief agency for a decade in retirement, in order to judge whether those experiences provide as much insight into low income living as teaching in a (private?) California school.

You are obviously qualified for low income students in Africa, but we are talking about low income schools in CA, not other states & most certainly not in other countries. A massive difference culturally. So 30 years of teaching low income students in CA Trumps 0 years of teaching low income students in CA.

Coachg
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how about the laws that expressly forbid the parental notification you believe occurs. That is the central point of the discussion. Do you have any comment?
coachg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
And how about the laws that expressly forbid the parental notification you believe occurs. That is the central point of the discussion. Do you have any comment?

Sigh,...... Already been answered. You & Techno see Boogymen; I don't. You look at the law through your rose colored glass & I'll look at it through my rose colored glass. But by all measurable data on health & wellbeing for both adults & teens when comparing NC to CA, my rose colored glass is better.

Coachg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 193, 194, 195 ... 203, 204, 205  Next
Page 194 of 205

Jump to: