myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nutty California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 185, 186, 187 ... 203, 204, 205  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to race, just provide a video to settle the gybing matter once and for all! Windsurfing experts who write in magazines do precisely that when instructing others in how to do things.

The last time this whole claim cropped up (on the windsurfing forum) such proof was asked for. Somebody offered, as I remember, to spend a session shooting him proving his claims (pictures worth a thousand - or should that be hundreds of thousands - words) but it came to nothing.

The reply, as I recall, was something along the lines of, he wasn't going to waste his precious windsurfing time just to prove to doubters what he routinely does.

So the matter remains open!
SAS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall Iso posting something about him being one of the best sailors in the Gorge, going on about how much he slashes his turns. I was especially amused when he tried to convince people he is a wave sailor because he rides the swells of the Columbia River. He actually compared this to sailing at wave sites like Ho’okipa. I wonder if he knows how to short board tack. How are his jumps? Can he do any freestyle moves? Can he do any jump tricks such as a basic tail grab. I doubt he has ever had the guts to try something like a forward loop, let alone landing one.

None of these things really matter as long as you’re having fun. But if you brag and call yourself a “world-class expert” you better be able to back it up.

Sailing in Maui with true world-class experts lets me know that, while I am an excellent windsurfer, I’m no world-class expert
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. I've raced with pros, and our last Olympic medal winner. They are much faster than I am around a course. A race, or a freestyle contest, puts your skills in context. Sailing with great sailors will humble you--but it will also develop actual relationships.
isobans

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Wow! 80 posts, without one original thought ... just plagiarism. Hey, it provably got Joe Biden through college and many of his political speeches, so it seems to fool some of the people some of the time.

Let's go, Isobans.

BTW, thanks for reminding me: I need to update and clarify some spots in that tutorial.

-typical psychobabble. we wouldn't expect you to acknowledge 80 posted quotes (not 'plagiarism') selected from your own 20,727 posts. topped off by this ridiculous 'jibe tip'. yes, please update and clarify some spots in your tutorial that no one will ever read.....
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So why has it been posted in other languages on multiple continents? Why has it received so much praise, both online and in face to face thanks from many people? Back to your cut'n'paste world, I tell ya. Back!
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
So why has it been posted in other languages on multiple continents? Why has it received so much praise, both online and in face to face thanks from many people? Back to your cut'n'paste world, I tell ya. Back!

Classic narcissism.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAS wrote:
I recall ... expert sailor

mac wrote:
If he wanted to prove he's fast ...
"
GT wrote:
As I remember ...

Where do you people GET this shit? Sure as hell not from anything I've ever said or posted. In fact, I've posted and supported the opposite of your twisted claims. You take one word and fabricate paragraphs and entire concepts from it, and try to justify it by adding such things as "as I remember" or "Iso said".* Is it any wonder I don't see one tenth of one percent of the crap you lefties post?

* No, you don't "remember" anything of the sort, because I never said it.

For example, the video offer was tended by a foreign documentary photographer who wanted to document my sailing style in general, but included the demand that I drive 300 miles to his turf. Good luck with that. The specific jibing video was an incessant demand from some idiot that I order some wind junkie to take his precious sailing time to find and set up a camera, follow me around the river, edit the video, and post it here to somehow satisfy the idiot's mental problem.

The other claims above are even more asinine and even less deserving of comment, yet are extremely common from the left. Just one easy example, relevant to mac's brilliant reparte: How do facts imply narcissism?

A. It's obvious as hell that you lefties don't want to share your world with anyone with opinions other than your own, on any topic. B. You incessantly prove, such as above, that you have no shame about being caught lying about what's right there in the archives. A and B demonstrate that you'll take any measures, including B, to achieve A, despite their impacts on your credibility.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember some years back where Craig was open to shooting isobars, but I'm sure that was more oriented to spots like the Hattery or the Wall where Craig frequents. I've seen many of Craig's fine videos over the years, and he does a great job of catching the stoke and character of his friends on the water.

Needless to say though, folks need to get together so things can happen.

I have to guess that isobars is no longer sailing the Hattery or the Wall these days. It must be too far away. I can understand that getting old tends to weaken our drive and limit our range.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote- 'No, you didn't remember anything of the sort, because I never said it.' That says all we need to know about him! It's the classic defence of accuse the accusers of lying.

But yet another bare faced lie - A while ago he stated (AS I RECALL - can't be bothered to check back and quote him exactly because it's not worth the effort) that nothing I write in future will grace his computer screen ever again.

So to prove it, he quotes what I said yesterday!!!
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, with regard to longboards and his past dismissing them by claiming to have covered 'hundreds of thousands of miles' on them. (Passing himself off as a world authority on their use. He said it - I read it!)

I was an avid user of longboards from 1982, through to the mid 1990's. I kept detailed logs of 'cruises' and island circlings and long coastlines I covered, on extended camper van holidays in Scotland.

Milages were - HI-FLY 555 2,046 miles
Bic Be-Bop 4,798 miles
Surf partner Air 2,022 miles
Bic Bamba 2,590 miles
Kona 850 miles.
Total 12,306 miles.

Obviously, I've always used short boards wave and slalom and I'm no longer 'into' longboards simply because I can no longer afford to run a camper van for extended holidays. It's local beaches only nowadays.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 185, 186, 187 ... 203, 204, 205  Next
Page 186 of 205

Jump to: