myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nutty California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152 ... 203, 204, 205  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techno900

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "real story" is history, but at the time, the choice was simple, Hillary or Donald.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
The "real story" is history, but at the time, the choice was simple, Hillary or Donald.

Exactly. Lord save me from voting for a woman, I’ll vote for a crooked New York real estate guy who has discriminated against black renters, called for the execution of innocent black teenagers, bragged about grabbing pussies, hung around with the mob, and cheated everyone he has ever dealt with.

For Techno and Trumpists—a no-brainer. In every way.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900, what about the 2020 election between Donald Trump and Joe Biden? Do you believe that the results of the election were fraudulent and illegally manipulated by Democrats, and that Trump actually won? Where do you stand on the outcome of the 2020 election?

Regarding your vote in the 2020 election, I think that there is little doubt that you sided with the dishonest and unfit candidate, and that you found it convenient to ignore his trail of lies and look the other way. Unbelievable in my view, but that says an awful lot about your character and outlook. Dishonesty and lies are OK as long as he throws me some scraps that I like, right?

Last edited by swchandler on Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno,

Just read this ridiculous thread. The premise of the article you posted is that 1) San Francisco is a city in decline 2) the decline is in large part attributable to the policies of the people who have run that city for decades 3) it's fair to assume that those same policies would have similar results if spread more widely across the country. Not one of the responses has addressed any of those points directly. Rather they have moved off at tangents and accused you of being part of the radical right, being a member of a party that doesn't care about the rights of minorities, of having a closed mind, of being a coward, a loser, a sinful hypocrite, of having a questionable character and an outlook which is OK with dishonesty and lies. They threw gun control and Trump into the mix because.......well, why not?

It is entirely reasonable to characterize SFO as a city in decline, to attribute that decline to decades of liberal policies, and to assume that those same policies would almost certainly have the same results elsewhere. They will never acknowledge that is a legitimate point of view. It's easier to engage in illiterate name calling, vulgarity and absurd stereotyping. Ignore them. They have no interest in a civil discussion.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
<snip> They will never acknowledge that [anything with which they disagree] is a legitimate point of view. It's easier to engage in illiterate name calling, vulgarity and absurd stereotyping. Ignore them. They have no interest in a civil discussion.

That's why I shake my head in amazement when otherwise intelligent adults STILL occasionally try to engage them as peers.
coachg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
1) San Francisco is a city in decline 2) the decline is in large part attributable to the policies of the people who have run that city for decades 3) it's fair to assume that those same policies would have similar results if spread more widely across the country.

Unfortunately, all true. But what are the options? Let us have a look at what conservative policies across the U.S. have led to. 1) Lower college graduation rates. 2) Higher suicide rates. 3) Higher murder rates. 4) Lower life expectancies. 5) Increased assault on minority voting rights. 6) Higher infant mortality rates.

I could go on & on but why?

Surely you don't want conservative policies spread across the county?

Techno was correct in it was a tough choice between Hillary or Chump but failed to consider a third option. Neither liberal nor conservative policies can stand alone; what is needed is a third option or accept the current pendulum policy of switching from one extreme to the other.

Coachg
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Techno,

Did you see Trumps rally last night? It was fantastic. Filled with all the useful information Americans need. He spent a couple hours airing the same old grievances, the same old lies, the same old fantastical bullshit. He quinquagintupled (50) down on the stolen election, the ballots under the table, the hydrocloroquin, how the democrats used Covid 19 to steal the election, etc, etc, etc. The election was of course fraudulent, he won and I really just loved the way he filled the brains of those watching with hate and vitriol. It was a magical night in Ohio. I’m mean the amount of hate and divisiveness was something like “I’ve never seen before”. You and Gybe would have been all cozy there with your friends.

Just the ticket for your moral compass. It was so thick you could bathe in it. In fact no need for a compass. You just soak up in nothingness and enjoy the ride. Your favorite representative Marjorie Taylor Greene was there! Everyone laughed and had a good time. They even got the “lock her up” chant going! I mean Hillary is so 2021. It was a such beautiful night. Godlike in my opinion.

I’m sure you can catch the tour. Gybe you all in as well with your superb and keen morals?
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Techno,

Just read this ridiculous thread. The premise of the article you posted is that 1) San Francisco is a city in decline 2) the decline is in large part attributable to the policies of the people who have run that city for decades 3) it's fair to assume that those same policies would have similar results if spread more widely across the country. Not one of the responses has addressed any of those points directly. Rather they have moved off at tangents and accused you of being part of the radical right, being a member of a party that doesn't care about the rights of minorities, of having a closed mind, of being a coward, a loser, a sinful hypocrite, of having a questionable character and an outlook which is OK with dishonesty and lies. They threw gun control and Trump into the mix because.......well, why not?

It is entirely reasonable to characterize SFO as a city in decline, to attribute that decline to decades of liberal policies, and to assume that those same policies would almost certainly have the same results elsewhere. They will never acknowledge that is a legitimate point of view. It's easier to engage in illiterate name calling, vulgarity and absurd stereotyping. Ignore them. They have no interest in a civil discussion.

OMG, buggy whip is back. Reinventing the content of an article to conclude, from thousands of miles away, that San Francisco is in decline—because of progressive policies. What metrics are used to measure decline need not be stated. What policies are responsible for this decline need not be stated—the purpose here is name calling, not reasoned discourse. The propaganda purpose is to argue that crime is rising, and we need some more tax cuts and prisons to stave this off. You don’t really need another picture of Willie Horton—everyone knows a dog whistle when the dogs start howling.

But let’s take the claim that Proposition 47 green lights crime, and put it into its historic context. In 1994, conservatives in California rammed through a three strikes law, intended to imprison people convicted of three crimes. California’s population of incarcerated soared—between 1980 and 2010 it went up five-fold. Many of the contributing crimes were related to marijuana—now legal. And somehow, you could obtain drugs in every jail in the state.

In response, nearly 60% of voters supported a reform to that conservative overreach—proposition 47. It is not news that what passes for conservatives these days is contemptuous of such direct democracy—or democracy in general.

As to the dog whistle—before the pandemic, property crime was 1/7 of its high. Violent crime was 1/5. The result of progressive policies? The result of three strikes? Neither. Mostly due to aging.

We don’t get intelligent comments about this—or what should be done about homelessness, or fentanyl, or meth. Obviously neither government nor capitalism have solved those problems. But the name caller who pretends to hate name calling doesn’t offer anything substantive on any of these subjects. Just support for dog whistles, buggy whips.and carbon emissions.

And then, of course, there are the inconvenient facts.
wsurfer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:

Duckwald's "win" in 2016 was a rounding error of 88,000 votes in three states all the while losing the popular vote by over 3 Million.

We now have The Real Big Lie that he "won" in 2020.

Pathetic really.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

California nutty and San Francisco in decline? It depends on what criteria you use. Let’s look at vaccination rates. California—48.83%, North Carolina 38.86. San Francisco? 81% of those over 12 have been vacinated.

Does this matter? Let’s look at test positivity rate. North Carolina is way ahead. 2.2. Virginia, 1.6. California, 0.9.

As the movie noted, “staying alive.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152 ... 203, 204, 205  Next
Page 151 of 205

Jump to: