myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nutty California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193 ... 203, 204, 205  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead, a very thoughtful post. I can only wish that folks can be focused and pragmatic enough to see the truth. I guess that November's election will define how sensible folks are.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Boggsy, Would you be OK with your son receiving vaccinations at school without your knowledge or consent?

Boggsy, You may have missed this question.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
mrgybe wrote:
Boggsy, Would you be OK with your son receiving vaccinations at school without your knowledge or consent?

So uninformed, so Wall Street talking points. The proposed California legislation that would have allowed minors to be vaccinated was withdrawn. Mrgybe, as a relentless reposter of all things Murdoch, doesn’t seem to realize the concept of emancipated minors, irresponsible parents who refuse to vaccinate their children because of quackery, or bother to read the legislation.

Brain dead or closed mind? Between 1.6 and 2.8 million youth run away each year. A startling number of them have been sexually abused. But parental permission….
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
mrgybe wrote:

no
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggsy, Thank you. I had assumed that would be your position given your stance on certain vaccinations. I agree with you and completely reject suggestions of "child abuse.......because of crazy beliefs about the side effects of vaccines". That's why I'm surprised that you would find Techno's opposition to much more consequential medical procedures without parental consent or knowledge a "push". For any parent (or grandparent) to be unconcerned that faceless school bureaucrats have the power to effect life altering medical procedures on their child, without their involvement, is stunning. An ashamed 13 year old girl who finds herself pregnant, and desperately wants a way out, is not a "patient" making an informed decision.....she is a frightened child who is being influenced by adults who don't know her. Predictably, supporters will trot out incest to justify sidelining parents in a wide array of circumstances, while failing to acknowledge other laws that already cater to that tragic situation.

A child is the most precious and important feature in the life of the overwhelming majority of parents, and while it's clear that most here don't care if school bureaucracies have the power to ignore parental authority and responsibility, this parent absolutely does care and would fight tooth and nail to preserve it.
vientomas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious. Is it your position that the legislation authorized medical care to be delivered by school bureaucrats as opposed to licensed medical professionals who have sworn to uphold certain ethical standards? If so, please cite the authority for your position. If you are unable to cite any such authority, please refrain from stating that school bureaucrats will be delivering medical care. Thank you.

Last edited by vientomas on Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Gybe
I'm not sure why you're dragging me into this discussion .. I haven't posted here in a long while..Maybe you're confusing me w someone else ..My comment was isolating the uniqueness in CA , which in fact does not exist .. Hence , his push to reference California ...
coachg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
For any parent (or grandparent) to be unconcerned that faceless school bureaucrats have the power to effect life altering medical procedures on their child, without their involvement, is stunning.

I will totally agree with that statement, 100%. However, that statement is directed at absentee parents, so perhaps you or Techno may have a better insight into that perspective? I am fully involved in my children’s school so there are no “faceless school bureaucrats” making medical decisions for me.

Coachg
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrgybe…nobody here has suggested they are fine with “school bureaucrats”making medical decisions for minor children. You continue to move the goal posts on any conversation. No doubt some here aren’t all that interested in engaging you. No problem for you…you’ll just make up an opposing argument and assign it to who ever you wish to argue with.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Boggsy, Thank you. I had assumed that would be your position given your stance on certain vaccinations. I agree with you and completely reject suggestions of "child abuse.......because of crazy beliefs about the side effects of vaccines". That's why I'm surprised that you would find Techno's opposition to much more consequential medical procedures without parental consent or knowledge a "push". For any parent (or grandparent) to be unconcerned that faceless school bureaucrats have the power to effect life altering medical procedures on their child, without their involvement, is stunning. An ashamed 13 year old girl who finds herself pregnant, and desperately wants a way out, is not a "patient" making an informed decision.....she is a frightened child who is being influenced by adults who don't know her. Predictably, supporters will trot out incest to justify sidelining parents in a wide array of circumstances, while failing to acknowledge other laws that already cater to that tragic situation.

A child is the most precious and important feature in the life of the overwhelming majority of parents, and while it's clear that most here don't care if school bureaucracies have the power to ignore parental authority and responsibility, this parent absolutely does care and would fight tooth and nail to preserve it.

A position invented out of whole cloth and assigned to those he doesn’t listen to. To divert from Trump stealing documents that should have remained in SCIF’s?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193 ... 203, 204, 205  Next
Page 192 of 205

Jump to: