myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Trmp making America hate again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/12/9/2001021/-Krebs-lawyer-says-that-a-shadow-group-is-plotting-assassinations-of-complicit-Dems-and-Repubs

UPDATE: Krebs' lawyer says a ‘shadow group’ plotting assassinations of ‘complicit’ Dems and Repubs

Quote:
Statement from Jim Walden, Attorney for Christopher Krebs, former Director of CISA

New York, NY, December 9, 2020 — Yesterday, Jim Walden of Walden Macht & Haran, attorney for Christopher Krebs, the former Director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, filed a lawsuit accusing the Trump campaign and its agents of fomenting a campaign of violence toward those who uphold the integrity of the 2020 presidential election.

Today, Walden states, “We became aware tonight that a shadow group has launched a campaign on a website called ‘enemies of the people’ proposing the assassination of various Republican and Democratic leaders who they falsely claim are complicit in manipulating the 2020 presidential campaign. If anyone needs to be reminded that public calls for violence beget violence, this is the clarion call. If blood is spilled, it is on the hands of the president, his campaign, his lawyers, and the silent Republicans standing in the president’s shadow. We have deployed every conceivable resource to counteract this tangible step toward terrorism — although it may be domestic or foreign actors trying to stoke the violence. Either way, this toxic campaign proves the truth of everything we said in our lawsuit yesterday.”

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it shows this was co-ordinated, and seems some in congress were part too.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/1/13/2008822/-Footage-Emerges-Of-Terrorists-Inside-Capitol-Building-Talking-About-The-Schematics?pm_source=story_sidebar&pm_medium=web&pm_campaign=recommended

Footage Emerges Of Terrorists Inside Capitol Talking About The Building's Schematics.

Quote:
Footage emerged that shows the terrorists who attacked the Capitol and held it under siege had knowledge of the building’s schematics. Their ringleaders brought information and a plan with them.

The footage adds to what Clyburn said about the terrorists finding his unmarked, unofficial office. Also, a staffer for Pressley said the panic buttons in her office had all been removed.

Among the terrorists who appear to be ‘ring-leaders’ is a woman wearing a pink hat.

This wasn’t a angry dumb mob, there were leaders directing the crowd’s movement and behavior.

If this has been posted, can someone send me a message and I’ll delete this. Thanks!

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/1/13/2008857/-Rep-Paul-Gosar-s-siblings-call-for-his-ouster-in-wake-of-Capitol-riot?pm_source=story_sidebar&pm_medium=web&pm_campaign=recommended

Rep. Paul Gosar's siblings call for his ouster in wake of Capitol riot

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/1/12/2008740/-WOW-Congresswoman-says-GOP-Reps-led-extremists-through-Congress-on-Reconnaissance-before-coup?pm_source=story_sidebar&pm_medium=web&pm_campaign=recommended

WOW: Congresswoman says GOP Reps led extremists through Congress on "Reconnaissance" before coup

[quote]

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/massachusetts-teen-publicly-identified-family-members-who-were-at-capitol-riot/ar-BB1cJd7o?ocid=msedgntp

Massachusetts teen publicly identified family members who were at Capitol riot

Quote:
Massachusetts teen publicly identified family members who were at Capitol riot
Helena Duke, 18, called out her family members in a tweet by sharing a video of her mom, Therese Duke, getting punched in the face after allegedly trying to grab a woman's phone.

"hi mom remember the time you told me I shouldn't go to BLM protests bc they could get violent...this you?" Duke tweeted.

In the following tweet, she identifies her mother, along with her aunt and uncle, Richard Lorenz and Annie Lorenz, who went to the Capitol riot.

"I think a lot of it came from the fact that it was just very hypocritical, and what she was doing in this video was incredibly wrong," Helena Duke told host Carol Off of As it Happens.

Duke said that her mother has lost her job following the incident. UMass Memorial, while not confirming the identity of the employee, said in a tweet that a "caregiver" has been fired for their involvement in the Capitol riots.

Ashanti Smith, the woman who punched Therese Duke, started a GoFundMe that received more than $130,000 in donations. In the fundraiser description, she said she has been suspended from her job pending an investigation and is facing legal repercussions from the fight.

There have been dozen of arrests since the Capitol riots have occurred. FBI and local authorities are still looking through videos and pictures to identify more of the rioters.[/quote]

https://www.masslive.com/news/2021/01/i-defended-myself-ashanti-smith-officer-seen-punching-therese-duke-in-viral-video-at-us-capitol-charged-with-assault.html

‘I defended myself’: Ashanti Smith, officer seen punching Therese Duke in viral video at US Capitol, charged with assault

Quote:
A Black woman in uniform who was seen punching a woman in a viral video in D.C. on Wednesday has been arrested and relieved from her job.

In the video, which has been widely shared on social media, Ashanti Smith, 28, can be seen amongst a large group near Black Lives Matter Plaza. A white woman, identified as Therese Duke from Charlton, Mass. by her daughter on Twitter, seems to be reaching for Smith’s phone. Smith then punches Duke.

Smith was charged with assault.

Smith was wearing full uniform and was “on a Civil Disturbance Unit (CDU) mountain bike deployment” during the incident, according to court documents. Although it does not state if she worked for Capitol Police.

The punch, court documents state, caused a “small laceration” to Duke’s left eye. Later in the video, Duke can be seen bleeding.

Smith was then followed and punched by Anne Lorenz, court documents state.

Lorenz is related to Duke, a tweet from her niece stated.

Lorenz punched Smith twice in the head or shoulder area, according to the documents. She was charged with assault on a police officer.

After the woman identified as Lorenz punches Smith, the crowd broke out into a larger fight, which is later controlled by officers, the video shows.

“The officers in the police line released OC spray to control the crowd,” court documents state.

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nyt

Quote:
• Intelligence agencies warned in a joint bulletin yesterday that far-right extremist groups were likely to be emboldened after the attack on the Capitol, which the authorities called a “significant driver of violence.”

• The federal officials wrote that extremist groups seeking to start a race war had seen the breach of the Capitol as a success and were rallying around the death of Ashli Babbitt, a QAnon follower who was shot by the police during the siege, treating it as “an act of martyrdom.”
• Written jointly by the National Counterterrorism Center and the Justice and Homeland Security Departments, the bulletin is labeled “Domestic Violent Extremists Emboldened in Aftermath of Capitol Breach, Elevated Domestic Terrorism Threat of Violence Likely Amid Political Transitions and Beyond.” It states that antigovernment militias and racist extremists “very likely pose the greatest domestic terrorism threats in 2021.”
• Americans are keenly aware of the heightened threat of violence, according to recent polls. Seventy-four percent of respondents in a nationwide CBS News/YouGov poll released Wednesday said it was at least somewhat likely that attempted violence could occur at Joe Biden’s inauguration ceremony.
• A clear majority in that poll and others said Trump was to blame for the rioting at the Capitol; his approval ratings have fallen to historic lows in his final days in office.
• But support for impeaching and removing him isn’t as widespread. Surveys generally showed a slimmer majority supporting Trump’s impeachment or removal from office. And polls have historically underestimated his support in elections.
• In a sign of major institutional blowback against Trump and the right-wing extremism he has helped foster, a growing list of corporate giants and major Republican philanthropists are pledging to cut ties with politicians who supported the president’s effort to challenge the election results based on false premises.
• A representative of Charles Koch’s political and nonprofit network, which is one of the largest and most influential in conservative circles and spent about $60 million in federal elections last year, said that opposing certification would be a factor that would “weigh heavily” in determining its future spending decisions.

mac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The losers that follow Trump. Some of them post here.

Quote:
Donovan Crowl, a fifty-year-old former marine, who had served as a helicopter mechanic on an amphibious assault ship in the Persian Gulf, in 1990, was among the uniformed men. At the Capitol, Crowl wore a combat helmet, ballistic goggles, and a tactical vest with a handheld radio. In a video, he can be seen in a line of people making their way through the crowd up the Capitol steps, each with a hand on the shoulder of the one in front. In another video, he is standing alongside a group breaching the doors of the Capitol. The crowd responds to the question “Who’s our President?” with the shout “Trump!,” and, as people start to enter the building, a man can be heard saying, in astonishment, “We’re the first wave!” Crowl was later photographed in the Capitol Rotunda, and additional videos and photographs show him appearing to stand guard at the doors and on the steps of the Capitol. Crowl’s sister and mother, who identified Crowl, said that he had become increasingly radical in recent years, both in his support of Trump and in his expression of racist views. A friend of Crowl’s said that he had discussed plans to travel from his home, in Ohio, to Washington, D.C., to protest the certification of Joe Biden’s election.

In addition to his military attire, a patch on Crowl’s sleeve identified him as a member of the Oath Keepers. Founded in 2009, by Elmer Stewart Rhodes, a graduate of Yale Law School and a former Army paratrooper, the Oath Keepers is a loosely organized anti-government group with chapters around the country. It claims to have recruited tens of thousands of former law-enforcement and military officials into its ranks. While the organization says that its mandate is defending the Constitution, several human-rights groups have identified it as one of the largest and most dangerous extremist groups in the country. Oath Keepers has been involved in several armed standoffs with law enforcement in recent years, and a number of its members have faced criminal charges for threatening violence or other criminal activity. The group has in recent years embraced Trump, and, earlier this year, Twitter accused its founder of inciting violence and banned him.

In an eighty-minute interview, during which Crowl acknowledged that he was drinking, he confirmed to me that he had entered the Capitol, saying that he had gone to Washington to “do security” for “V.I.P.s” whom he declined to name. He said that his intentions had been peaceful and that he had never been violent, claiming “we protected the fucking Capitol Hill police.” He declined to substantiate the claim.

Along with the Oath Keepers, Crowl has participated in events organized by the Ohio State Regular Militia. Last November, he appeared with the group, whose members wore military fatigues and were armed with pistols and paintball guns, at an event at the Ohio Statehouse, where Biden supporters were celebrating his election. At the time, members of the militia declined to identify themselves to reporters, but said that they had voted for Trump and were attending to “protect people.” Mary McCord, a former acting Assistant Attorney General for National Security in the Justice Department, said that while “these types of modern unlawful militias have been around for decades, ever since Ruby Ridge and Waco,” Trump’s incitement had encouraged them. “All his false statements about the election being stolen, that he won in a landslide, that ballot boxes were being stuffed and dead people were voting en masse—those were all predicates to setting the stage for asking these groups to ‘fight like hell,’ as he said that morning.”

VIDEO FROM THE NEW YORKER
Biden Calls for Unity in His First Speech as President-Elect

During the assault on the Capitol, a thirty-eight-year-old Ohio-based bar owner named Jessica Watkins, who described herself as the commanding officer of the Ohio State Regular Militia, posted live updates on Parler, the recently defunct Twitter alternative embraced by some right-wing extremists. She made reference to “forcing entry into the Capitol Building,” and later posted a video from inside the Rotunda, writing, “made it into the Senate.” In the posts, Watkins called Capitol police, one of whom died after attempting to repel the insurrectionists, “fuckweed cops.” She captioned one photo, showing Crowl in his tactical gear, “One of my guys at the Stop the Steal Rally today.”
In interviews, a friend of Crowl’s, and his mother and sister said that he had served in the Marines for six years, rising to the rank of corporal, and had at one point been been stationed on the U.S.S. Iwo Jima. They said that, encountering health issues, Crowl left the Marines in 1993 and returned to civilian life. He struggled with addiction and held occasional jobs in construction. Legal records show that, last year, Crowl was arrested in Ohio for driving under the influence, and he has been charged with misdemeanors for violating probation and for domestic violence. During the Obama Administration, the family members and friend recalled, Crowl expressed fury at the President, along with wider animosity toward Black people. “The only good Black person is a dead Black person,” his mother, Teresa Joann Rowe, a retired nurse, recalled Crowl saying—though she stipulated that Crowl used a racial epithet. She said that she had become estranged from her son owing to his views and had not been aware of his involvement in the attack on the Capitol until she saw photos. “I would have called the Ohio state police if I had known he was going to that place,” Rowe told me. “I’m sitting here sick to my stomach.” During the Trump Administration, the people close to Crowl said, he began to express increasing ardor for Trump and to embrace conspiracy theories. “It’s stuff he heard from that psychopath Alex Jones and those echo chambers on the Internet,” his sister Denissa Crowl, who is also a nurse, told me. She said that such radicalization was a familiar phenomenon in Crowl’s rural Ohio community. “That’s like ground zero,” she told me. “I fear him,” she added. “He’s very skilled in firearms. He was an expert sharpshooter.”

Crowl identified himself to me as a member of both the Oath Keepers and the Ohio State Regular Militia, and said that he had attended events representing those groups. “I went to Columbus, Ohio,” he said. “I’ve been to Louisville, when the B.L.M., when they came.” He acknowledged his criminal charges, and said that he struggled with post-traumatic stress disorder. He said that, at the Capitol, “I expelled three fucking people,” whom he refused to identify but said had been injured. He acknowledged that there had been violence, saying “patriots dragged this fucking maggot off the wall and started beating his ass.” Crowl made vague threats during the interview, telling me, “I already know where you live.” He repeatedly denied that he harbored racist views or had made racist comments, but he said that he believed in phrenology, the discredited pseudoscience that infers intellectual ability from skull shape, and told me that he had responded to The New Yorker’s request for comment after examining pictures of my head. As people involved in the riot began to be identified and arrested, Watkins, the self-described leader of Crowl’s local militia, posted on social media, insisting, as Crowl later did to me, that the group “never smashed anything, stole anything, burned anything.” In an interview this week with the Ohio Capital Journal, which first reported the Ohio State Regular Militia’s presence at the riot, Watkins said that she was also a member of the Oath Keepers. Watkins did not respond to repeated requests for comment.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You idiots must be so proud. A Matty in the blue line.

Quote:
In Rocky Mount, Va., the presence of two officers in the riot, which included displays of the Confederate battle flag, came to light after a colleague and another city official leaked photos of them inside the Capitol to an area activist. The president of the local Black Lives Matter chapter posted them on her Facebook page and one of the officers quickly defended himself and threatened future violence.

“A legitimate republic stands on 4 boxes,” Officer Thomas Robertson, 47, wrote in response on his Facebook page. “The soapbox, the ballot box, the jury box and then the cartridge box. We just moved to step 3. Step 4 will not be pretty...I’ve spent most of my adult life fighting a counter insurgency. Im about to become part of one, and a very effective one.”

Robertson and fellow officer Jacob Fracker, 27, were both arrested Wednesday by the FBI and are so far the only law enforcement officers facing federal charges, which include one count each of “knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority” and one count each of “violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds.”
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daughter lives and teaches near Portland, and has been telling me about these dangerous Trumpists for years.

Quote:
During the past year, Portland, Oregon, has been the site of frequent public demonstrations by right-wing extremist groups. There have been events staged by the Proud Boys and another group called Patriot Prayer; anti-lockdown protests; counter-protests to the Black Lives Matter movement, pro-police “Back the Blue” demonstrations, and, eventually, in the fall, “Stop the Steal” rallies, which were focussed on the alleged threats to the integrity of the Presidential election. Whatever the protest of the day, the faces in the crowd were often the same. Some, like Joey Gibson, a man from Washington State who founded Patriot Prayer and was charged with inciting a riot in 2019, have become a little bit famous. (Gibson has pleaded not guilty to the charge.) Sergio Olmos, a journalist on the protest and extremism beat for Oregon Public Broadcasting, compared Portland’s right wing to a punk scene in a college town: some people come and go, but, over time, you begin to recognize the mainstays. You learn who’s likely to start a fight, and who’s eager to explain why they’re there. You notice when someone shaves his beard.

Shortly after the riot at the U.S. Capitol, on January 6th, Olmos got a tip from someone who said that a man in photographs from the attack in Washington appeared to be the same person who had taken part in an occupation of Oregon’s capitol, in Salem, in November. In images from both events, the man was burly, with a prominent lower jaw and a thick brown beard. In Salem, he’d gotten in the face of a journalist and screamed at him, a memorable moment in a lengthy live stream. In Washington, he’d drawn attention to himself by posing with a statue of Gerald Ford, which had a Donald Trump flag tucked under its arm and a maga hat on its head. Olmos compared the images, taken on opposite ends of the continent two weeks apart. “You never think it’s the same guy at first,” Olmos said. “But some of these streams are really nice quality, with multiple angles.” There was the same blue cap and what looked like the same hoodie. “So you think, all right, looks like the same dude,” Olmos said. “Then you see the tattoos”—in particular, one on the inside of the man’s right forearm—“and it’s like, oh, fuck me.”

Scrolling through the videos taken by right-wing live-streamers of the incursion in D.C., Olmos recognized other familiar faces. One was a thirty-one-year-old man named David Medina, who had challenged Olmos at an “Oregonians for Trump” election night party, yelling about the fake news. Another was a fifty-nine-year-old named Tim Davis, whom Olmos remembered as having been “very confrontational” at a rally in Salem. Olmos called Davis, and Davis confirmed that he had been at the Capitol on January 6th. Four days after the riot, Olmos and a colleague, Conrad Wilson, published a story about Medina, Davis, and the bearded man with the blue cap and the two tattoos, whose name they didn’t know. It was clear to them that the chaos in Oregon over the past year had been a prologue to the insurrection at the U.S Capitol.
vientomas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A snowflake, cancel culture, dimwit, traitor. Will the 3 Stooges come to her resuce and say it's her right to block people even thought it's been found to be unconstitutional to do so?

A former state lawmaker has filed a lawsuit against Repbublican Congresswoman Lauren Boebert of Colorado alleging that she violated the First Amendment by blocking constituents on Twitter.

Boebert has blocked at least 12 people on Twitter, with most of the accounts belonging to constituents residing in Colorado's 3rd Congressional District, according to Colorado Politics.

Former Democratic State Representative Bri Buentello, one of the blocked constituents, sued Boebert in federal court on Sunday for infringing on her free speech rights. In the lawsuit, filed by attorney David Lane in the U.S. District Court in Denver, Buentello said that she was blocked by the @laurenboebert Twitter account after calling the House Republican's actions seditious...In 2018, a federal court judge ruled that it was unconstitutional for Trump to block people on Twitter over their dissenting political opinions. Judge Naomi Reice Buchwald in New York City ruled that the president's personal social media accounts, and those of other government officials, were public forums, and that blocking critics was in violation of the First Amendment.

https://www.newsweek.com/lauren-boebert-sued-blocking-constituents-twitter-trampling-first-amendment-1562256
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setting examples?
But this was no big deal, the media didn't seem to mind, so why should anybody else? Trump's limo during his inauguration.
Also not seeing or hearing about any conservative groups or celebrities raising money to bail out the arrested capital demonstrators. Another example, that so far hasn't been followed.
This country is suffering thru a very bad 'pandemic of over-reaction', it's been going on for years.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Setting examples?
But this was no big deal, the media didn't seem to mind, so why should anybody else? Trump's limo during his inauguration.
Also not seeing or hearing about any conservative groups or celebrities raising money to bail out the arrested capital demonstrators. Another example, that so far hasn't been followed.
This country is suffering thru a very bad 'pandemic of over-reaction', it's been going on for years.

Being concerned over armed white nationalists invading the capitol to murder law makers, at the direction of Trump, is hardly a pandemic of over-reaction. But I wouldn't expect deep or original thought from NW.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 41 of 44

Jump to: