myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sailed Lopez today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Sailed Lopez today Reply with quote

So lots of water even down wind from the launch. I got an hour with 10 to 18 mph winds. Along the shore there are weeds and debris that hinder launching. Not to much of and issue but not that good either. I did not have any issues with tree tops or weeds once off the shore. There was enough floating grass and weed parts that next time I sail it will be with a weed fin. Today was one of the first days with the wind in the proper direction and I think this issue will clear up fast with more wind. The area walking to the water was mostly grass with not much tall growth. Very rutted from all the run off. Its still a bit of a hike but at least the water is still rising with more rain next week. One thing I think we need to watch for is hooks and lures in the weeds where we launch. Looks like people have been fishing in the launch area. I have had more that my share stuck in my leg in the past. As of now the windsurfing area has nothing in the water to inform boats and jet ski's of the 5 mph speed limit. Needless to say the bass boats were flying through the area. I will talk to the powers to be about this next time I go up.
Air temp today was almost 80. I sailed in a spring suit and was more than warm. The water has cleared up as much as it does at Lopez. I was amazed how warm it is. I went in twice and it felt good to get wet. the pond is good to go for awhile so come up and sail with me....Tony
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report Tony. We hope to get up there early May.
stevegoebel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally stoked! Thanks for the update Tony. Looking forward to getting up there again! San Diego Steve
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets drink a beer after day of sailing when you guys come up! I'm in South Padre for April so I'll see ya in May
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: