myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Warming oceans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jp5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wahoo! The ocean is been cold off SoCal for too long!!! I love to windsurf in a shorty!
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my God!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Mammals shrink when Earth heats up — horses the size of cats?

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/03/15/watch-out-mammals-shrink-when-earth-heats-up-study-says/
~~~~~~~~~~~
You just know what's next, the shrinking of men's penises, that will get them for sure.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW, let's play a game. I assume you know what an algorithm is. Did you know the pH scale is one? Of course you say. Seawater is slightly basic. The pH of surface ocean water has fallen by 0.1 units. Since pH is like an Earthquake, this change represents a 30% increase in acidity. Furthermore, it is a fact that the ocean absorbs 1/4 of CO2. Callous game you play.
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know what an Al Gore rhythm is, it's what he used on various masseuses, which led to Tipper kicking him to the curb.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of these righties don't understand exponents or log functions. They still don't pay attention.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some may also be aware, should they climb off their high horses, that new research has found a way of mimicking what natural forces have always done throughout geological history. i.e. absorb rising CO2 gas concentrations, and turn them into stone. Limestone! (Millions of tons of limestone formed on sea beds, and thrust up into huge mountain ranges by subsequent plate movements.)

CO2 has been pumped into volcanic rock under Iceland, when a natural process forms carbonate minerals, and LIMESTONE.

Apparently the researchers were astonished at just how quickly the CO2 gas turned solid, a mere two years as against the expected hundreds of thousands of years.

Do keep up chaps - to mimic another with his constant ridicule. There's more in heaven and Earth than meets ....etc etc!
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
Some may also be aware, should they climb off their high horses, that new research has found a way of mimicking what natural forces have always done throughout geological history. i.e. absorb rising CO2 gas concentrations, and turn them into stone. Limestone! (Millions of tons of limestone formed on sea beds, and thrust up into huge mountain ranges by subsequent plate movements.)

CO2 has been pumped into volcanic rock under Iceland, when a natural process forms carbonate minerals, and LIMESTONE.

Apparently the researchers were astonished at just how quickly the CO2 gas turned solid, a mere two years as against the expected hundreds of thousands of years.

Do keep up chaps - to mimic another with his constant ridicule. There's more in heaven and Earth than meets ....etc etc!

If it's a liberal position IT'S SETTLED SCIENCE, don't you know that? Laughing Laughing
mac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is indeed settled science that CO2 can be removed. But it cannot, as of yet, be done economically.

There's more news about climate change to ignore. First comes the revelation that much of the Great Barrier Reef has died from ocean het, 30 years ahead of predictions. I guess the models aren't conservative enough and underpredict impacts? https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/nov/29/great-barrier-reef-scientists-confirm-largest-die-off-of-corals-recorded

Naw, we like surfing in bathwater.

Next there is the great algae bloom in the Arabia Sea:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/39cdba54f35548ffb0914094343bb0c6/growing-algae-bloom-arabian-sea-tied-climate-change
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh woe is me, we're all doomed, I tell ye. The end of the world is nigh!

To think though, the Permian mass extinction (especially corals) of 250 million years ago, which wiped out practically all sea life and most land life, and was caused by a variety of natural sources which combined to cause a greenhouse effect (not quite runaway, and not sustainable) , happened entirely without our involvement! Amazing.

It may not happen again, but I'm quite sure we are very long overdue a catastrophic medium sized asteroid strike. That will produce a similar, or far worse effect, We must have some gloom and doom to hang onto, though I fail to see what we could do about it. (And I certainly wouldn't have caused it by insisting on driving my motor-car!)

Meanwhile, I ashamed to say I've been windsurfing again today, with hardly a care in the world. Now how irresponsible must that be!!
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And no, I didn't see any woefully mooing (or what ever it is they actually do when pissed off) Polar Bears!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: