myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
this weekend
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boardsurfr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterKook wrote:
Who is up for a Corporation Beach session on Sunday?

We'll probably head to Skaket in the morning. It should get a bit more wind than Corporation, and we have a few Skaket fans. Won't be perfect since high tide is at 9, but should be fun.
Ronald.C

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boy o boy, summer guests really eff'd my computer. ron.c might never be seen again.

If the wind stays up, 10-10:15 would be a decent start. I kinda like it at 2 hours past HT to start with a stiff NW wind.

Man - I am blessed. Windsurfed with Kalmus' icons to dark yesterday. I got home and my wife said to don't get too comfortable, we went right back to the Hyannis to see James Bond

This afternoon, very nice surf at CG. Some waves needed your undivided attention.

2 solid aces. Maybe 3?

One more insight to my twisted mind. I'm gonna say a good night prayer for Valentino!

ron.c
boardsurfr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, starting a while after high tide would be better for Skaket. But I don't trust the wind to stay around. Both models predict a 7-8 mph drop between 7 am and 1 pm. NW just likes to fade early.

We might end up sailing Corporation, after all, it the meter readings in the morning look promising. Depends a bit on who else is going to sail where & when.
WaterKook

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be at Corp. at 7am Very Happy
Let the games begin!!!
Boardsurfr I will bring Marty's trophy.
Hoping for classic Corp. Tide high at nine should be great. For those who don't know NW is basically over by 10am. Early bird gets the wind. Wink

paulf.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

was blowing pretty good at 4am when i checked and looks like it was done by 8. glad i didn't make the drive. any reports?
WaterKook

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailed 7:30 - 10:30 at Corp. 5.4 Ezzy Taka on 83 JP Wave. Nothing epic had to work a bit to get and keep planning but great workout which I needed as this year has SUCKED for wind in my opinion. Bring on winter sailing!!!! Laughing
flaherty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron will probably sound in , Skaket was sweet, from 10 to 12. Small wind swell, but nice smooth periods, inbetween. 5.0 for me and Ron.. 6.0 for Ken, 5.8 for his son Michael. No gloves needed, beautiful, sunny.
Was planning on Chapin or Corp, but meters said 15 at Chapin 26 at Hatch Beach. How can that be, they are probably only 10 to 15 miles apart, but decided on Skaket, and glad we did.
boardsurfr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flaherty wrote:
Was planning on Chapin or Corp, but meters said 15 at Chapin 26 at Hatch Beach. How can that be, they are probably only 10 to 15 miles apart.

The Chapin meter is behind the dunes, and understates the wind in northerly directions. The gusts tend give a decent idea about the actual averages.
In contrast, the Hatch Beach meter tends to overstate the wind in NW by a few miles. So the actual wind was closer than the meters make it appear - probably around 20 at Corp and 24 at Skaket. That kind of difference is pretty typical. The models usually predict a couple of miles difference, and I think Skaket benefits from the "elbow effect" and the marshes behind to get a bit extra.

We went to Corporation to try a new spot. As much as I like sailing new spots, I'll call it a mistake. Skaket in between tides is really sweet, and probably was quite nice even at high tide. I sailed a 6.0/96 l combo first which was too small in the lulls. I later went out on 5.6/110 which worked much better, but the wind had become steadier by then. Did not like the first runs at all; the second part was ok, but not as good as Skaket can be. But Nina (on 5.0/90 l) and Martin (on 5.5/88 l), who also had not sailed Corporation before, liked it.
DelmarEdward

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

original poster here-

thanks for info on where to go for west winds, but i wanted to avoid the waves and ended up staying near home at seabrook NH.

counting me there were 2 windsurfers and maybe three kiters each day, i got out both saturday and this morning. i wanted the flatter water to keep improving, i am now comfortable in the straps and harness and can waterstart pretty consistently. i figure i'll stay out of any wavey territory until i can jibe from one tack to another even without planing through the jibe.
Ronald.C

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow

Paul said it. No complaints from me.

3 days, sail - surf - sail

The Patriots won

Payton lost

the only drawback to a darn near dream weekend, my prayers for Valentino (Rossi) went unanswered. This year's MotoGP series was a barn-burner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: