myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1328, 1329, 1330 ... 1352, 1353, 1354  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wsurfer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

real-human wrote:
didn't he say he waould not bee golfing and would not take the pay... when he was running...

but gee he golfed and made money off the SSD having to stay at his place at top dollar rates.

and get this the grifting still goes on..

https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-gave-adult-children-110414217.html

Donald Trump gave his adult children 6 months of Secret Service protection after he left office, at the taxpayers' expense, says report

Quote:
Donald Trump cost taxpayers $1.7 million by providing his adult children and three officials with six months of Secret Service protection after he left office, according to a Washington Post analysis of new spending documents.

Before leaving office, Trump triggered a highly unusual order, the paper said, giving extra protection to his four adult children, Donald Trump Jr., 43, Ivanka, 39, and Eric, 37, and Tiffany, 27.

Ivanka's husband, Jared Kushner, was also granted protection, as was Eric's wife, Lara.

Trump's protection order also includ

You see this is how the mind of Loser 45 works. He claims to donate his salary which agree and support his efforts!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamandrzejewski/2021/02/27/president-donald-trump-probably-donated-his-entire-16m-salary-back-to-the-us-government--here-are-the-details/?sh=1fdebf341a8d

He does still feel the need to claw back that money since he lost the election, hence the $1.7 M for Secret Service. It's just how a grifter thinks and acts.
wsurfer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there no honor among thieves???

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-looks-for-challenger-to-depose-mitch-mcconnell-as-split-widens-11632060002

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/09/donald-trump-mitch-mcconnell-feud

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/09/republican-senators-trump-plan-oust-mcconnell.html
mac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who cheats at golf will probably cheat at everything.

Quote:
President Donald Trump (Eric Baradat/AFP/Getty Images)
By Devlin Barrett
Today at 2:00 p.m. EDT

A Senate report on President Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election offers new details about an Oval Office confrontation between Trump and the Justice Department, revealing the extent to which government lawyers threatened to resign en masse if the president removed his attorney general.

The interim report by the Senate Judiciary Committee was issued Thursday. While Republicans on the panel offered their counter-findings, arguing that Trump did not subvert the justice system to remain in power, the majority report by the Democrats offers the most detailed account to date of the struggle inside the administration’s final, desperate days.

The report underscores the gaping political divide that has emerged in this country over one of the most basic functions of government — conducting free and fair elections. Democrats charge Trump nearly provoked a constitutional crisis, but for the steady hands of senior Justice Department officials; Republicans say Trump was “faithful” to his sworn duty as president in seeking assurances about voter integrity.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Republican Senate response is dumbfounding, to say the least.

Because the AG and others in the Justice Department refused Donald Trump's seditious requests, nothing really happened, and as a result, Trump was just doing his job. In other words, because the attempted crime was unsuccessful, everything is just fine and no harm done. Time to move on and forget that anything untoward happened.

Republican depravity in full bloom for all to see. Unbelievable.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swchandler, all these republicans have some form of massive infarction. Tissue death due to lack of oxygen. Could be either brain or heart. Probably both. It’s what happens when you inhale Trumps excrement. The most potent of all excrement. 1000 x more powerful than any cool aid known to man. Eventually you will succumb. In the meantime, rejoice you are not one.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J64TWB wrote:
Swchandler, all these republicans have some form of massive infarction. Tissue death due to lack of oxygen. Could be either brain or heart. Probably both. It’s what happens when you inhale Trumps excrement. The most potent of all excrement. 1000 x more powerful than any cool aid known to man. Eventually you will succumb. In the meantime, rejoice you are not one.

your wrong they never had a heart. well maybe never a brain too, the rest i agree with.

vientomas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who voted for Trump is either an anarchist or just plain dumb. Our democracy has no room for either. Sadly, a lack of intelligence seems to be spreading like a disease. Is there a cure? COVID anyone? I suspect the average Trump voter is an anti-vaxxer and anti-masker. Maybe there will be fewer Trumpers voting in the next election.
feuser

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
Anyone who voted for Trump is either an anarchist or just plain dumb. Our democracy has no room for either. Sadly, a lack of intelligence seems to be spreading like a disease. Is there a cure? COVID anyone? I suspect the average Trump voter is an anti-vaxxer and anti-masker. Maybe there will be fewer Trumpers voting in the next election.

I'm careful to not paint a simplified picture of the typical trump voter in my mind. It is just too easy to dismiss something or someone who has been reduced to a caricature, even if much of it seems to fit. It also doesn't make me feel better, or superior in any way.

What still escapes me - and I am honestly interested to know - is how traditional conservatives aligned or identified themselves with the 45th president. He was very soft on traditional geopolitical competitors, undermined US leadership in alliances, yet oddly inconsistent in his isolationist or non-interventionist principles. Folks on the religious right must have a truly machiavellian view in that they were willing to ignore Trump's personality altogether in order to further their agenda. Fiscal conservatives? Not really. Neither control of government spending nor balancing the budget with revenue were regular agenda items.

It appears that only robber barons really profited from the selling off of public lands and interests (by dismantling the regulatory authority and capability of the federal government). There aren't that many in reality - perhaps many 45 supporters imagine themselves to be in that group?
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, the most unsettling thing about Donald Trump supporters is that they eagerly stand behind and worship a patently dishonest and unfit character. But, perhaps the most ugly and disturbing ones are those that claim to be devout Christians, because they should know better. In today's world, I think it's safe to say that Jesus would never be a Trump supporter.

To be honest, I can't imagine having a real bond or friendship with any Trump supporter. They are not my kind of people.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Florian,

I cannot speak for the typical Religious Right Trump Voter, and I think
your comment about dismissing a caricature reduced voter is wise. I will
say I'm of the perspective that once you've dehumanized someone
(a typical Trump voter or typical Biden voter for example) You've
relinquished much desire to understand.

I do have anecdotal experience with a spectrum of religious people. On the
scale from conscientious believer to zealot, I've found that the extreme
zealots do not have the energy for more than one or 2 causes (my
impression is that it takes serious single mindedness to be a real zealot so
that may be the reason). For example Abortion, and Euthanasia, really
seem to bring out a kind of zealous focus. A candidate (especially one
who claims Catholicism) would have to come out openly against Abortion.
If a candidate (or President) can't or won't do that, or worse (in the mind
of the zealous) condones it, then they could not possibly vote for them.
They would be obligated by their belief system to vote for the candidate
more aligned with that specific belief, even if it didn't align with the rest of
their belief system. I'm not sure I'd call that Machiavellian. Obsessive maybe.

I "hear" about how much of the religious right were trump supporters. My
opinion is that Trump is a symptom of an issue that isn't religious right
oriented. My opinion is that he was a symptom of the anger generated
when a ruling class is falling from power. In the evolution of societies, I'm not
sure that historical moments like his presidency can be avoided unless we
do away with the cast system our society has created. But now I'm just waxing cosmic.

-Craig

p.s. I'm also of the opinion Trump is old news, and worth no more than the
time I took to write a few paragraphs.

feuser wrote:

I'm careful to not paint a simplified picture of the typical trump voter in my mind. It is just too easy to dismiss something or someone who has been reduced to a caricature, even if much of it seems to fit. It also doesn't make me feel better, or superior in any way.

What still escapes me - and I am honestly interested to know - is how traditional conservatives aligned or identified themselves with the 45th president. He was very soft on traditional geopolitical competitors, undermined US leadership in alliances, yet oddly inconsistent in his isolationist or non-interventionist principles. Folks on the religious right must have a truly machiavellian view in that they were willing to ignore Trump's personality altogether in order to further their agenda. Fiscal conservatives? Not really. Neither control of government spending nor balancing the budget with revenue were regular agenda items.

It appears that only robber barons really profited from the selling off of public lands and interests (by dismantling the regulatory authority and capability of the federal government). There aren't that many in reality - perhaps many 45 supporters imagine themselves to be in that group?

Last edited by cgoudie1 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1328, 1329, 1330 ... 1352, 1353, 1354  Next
Page 1329 of 1354

Jump to: