myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Steph Curry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dllee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were James and Irving tired at the end?
Were the supporting cast so out of it, not touching the ball for dozens of offensive possessions a problem?
Or was Durant just hungry and healthy, as was Curry?
Certainly, Pachulia is no major upgrade from Varajao.
McGee's impact much more than his points.
West using muscle to show his hunger.
And lots of involved small player's seen to have an edge on two superstars who hog the ball, occasionaly passing for a prayer attempt to someone who's watched the game for 5 minutes without touching the ball.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a game! Warriors, best passing team in the NBA in more than a decade.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passing to Kevin Durant, the MVP, scoring a more than 30pts/game for the last 5 games in a row.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of passing....looks like the Dubs will be passing on a visit to the White House....
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basketball is all about space and spacing. Durant is great. But Curry creates much of the space that made it all possible. From the NBA web site:

Quote:
OAKLAND -- This time, the Golden State Warriors finished the job. With a 129-120 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers in Game 5 of The Finals, the Warriors won their second championship in three years and avenged last year's loss with a little help from Finals MVP Kevin Durant.

Durant was the star of stars again on Monday, scoring 39 points on 14-for-20 shooting. He averaged 35.2 points on an effective field goal percentage of 63.9 percent in The Finals.

NBA.com/Stats box score
One stat stood out as the Warriors finished the postseason with an unprecedented 16-1 record and the franchise's fifth championship.

Game 5 basics
Pace: About 102 possessions per team per 48 minutes

CLEVELAND

OffRtg: 118.7 points scored per 100 possessions
eFG%: 59.7%
FTA/FGA: 0.261
TO%: 14.8%
OREB%: 29.3%
GOLDEN STATE

OffRtg: 126.1 points scored per 100 possessions
eFG%: 58.9%
FTA/FGA: 0.311
TO%: 12.7%
OREB%: 31.7%
eFG% = (FGM + (0.5 * 3PM)) / FGA
TO% = Turnovers per 100 possessions
OREB% = Percentage of available offensive rebounds obtained

The stat
245 -- Points by which the Warriors outscored their opponents with Stephen Curry on the floor in the 2017 playoffs.

The context
That is the best raw postseason plus-minus in the *21 years since the stat has been tracked. Prior to this season, the highest mark belonged to Kobe Bryant, who was a plus-213 in the 2001 playoffs. Draymond Green (plus-227) also surpassed Bryant's mark.

* Plus-minus goes back to the 1996-97 season, when the league started tracking play-by-play data and could separate stats for when a player is on or off the floor.

Thanks to their Game 4 loss on Friday, the Warriors' point differential of plus-13.5 points per game fell short of the all-time record (plus-14.5 by the 1971
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now Curry is refusing to accept an invitation to the White House. I'm so impressed! Another deep thinker and supporter of his country and the office of its president like Rodman or Kapernik? Couldn't he at least take advantage of the opportunity to get in a few jabs at the office's current occupant's policies? I'd have loved to tell Obama what I thought of his.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Speaking of passing....looks like the Dubs will be passing on a visit to the White House....

Who the F$$K cares what some basketball player thinks??? Just like when jump shot was president Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Who the F$$K cares what some basketball player thinks??? Just like when jump shot was president Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I do... I'm a big dubs fan, love KD, Steph , and the rest of them. If they decide to skip the annual visit to the White House, because they don't think much of Mr. 36%, then I love them even more... Lets go Dubs!!!!!!
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

I do... I'm a big dubs fan, love KD, Steph , and the rest of them. If they decide to skip the annual visit to the White House, because they don't think much of Mr. 36%, then I love them even more... Lets go Dubs!!!!!!

Most accurate poll got him elected and has him at 50%
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Most accurate poll got him elected and has him at 50%

The KGB got him elected Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: